Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Yeah it makes me wonder if something about AEW just didn't click with her?
Especially if she ends up full time with say Impact or especially NXT, say if that happens in next few months. If it happens in a few years time then it wouldn't be shocking. But say in January she rocks up to the next performance center photo thing as they parade their new signings then it will start looking bad for AEW.

I think that would end all talk of it been anxiety or not wanting to be in the spotlight. The Injury and retirement angle has been put to rest, she's still wrestling.

It also helps her and her bookings, that she hasn't opened her mouth or said anything about what went down for her to leave. so anytime she appears at shows sites like this will be talking about her.

Until she speaks then we'll never know.

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Well this is interesting. Leaving AEW for Impact... is strange. I'm not an Impact fan, but this topic caught my attention in the sidebar.

You've got this company with a lot of buzz, with a massive TV deal on TNT, billionaire backing, and they give you a featured spot on their first ever PPV... and you leave? Not only do you leave, but you go to a company that has struggled for many years?

Yes, I'm aware Impact is different ownership to the TNA days, but they count TNA as their own history and even if they didn't, the perception would still be there from most fans, especially casual ones that they would be trying to attract.

But Kylie Rae... what's the deal? Did Tony Khan hit on her or something? There's gotta be more to the story. It's like leaving a high-end retail store to go work at Walmart.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,721 Posts
Just a theory:
Bayley in WWE turned heel now and her gimmick was "being" more or less Kylie Rae. Could it be WWE will sign her in the near future to fill exactly that niche spot in their roster?
Sure, it would be strange, but on the other side: people would believe Kylie Rae being Kylie Rae, while everybody else would be booed for being transferred into that role obvisouly.

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,919 Posts
If she had personal issues with somebody else in the company, it makes plenty of sense that she’d leave to work for another company. Even if it’s less money or less prestige, at least she’s still working. And good on her for not hanging all the dirty laundry out on social media and just going on her own way. Maybe it was partially her fault, maybe it wasn’t. It’s nobody else’s business. Unfortunately people can’t leave it at that, and they won’t stop digging until there’s somebody to demonize and direct their fake rage at.

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
I'm not gonna lie, I don't care that she left. I didn't find her all that interesting. I honestly think Impact fits her Great Value Bayley gimmick perfectly. It's the complete lack of why that's bothering me. Because everyone else seems very content in their AEW choice.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I'm not gonna lie, I don't care that she left. I didn't find her all that interesting. I honestly think Impact fits her Great Value Bayley gimmick perfectly. It's the complete lack of why that's bothering me. Because everyone else seems very content in their AEW choice.
I think if the non Joshi workers were better in AEW, I doubt her leaving would have caused that much of a wave. I think that she was probably the better worker in that DON 4 way, and the crowd liked her. And she's left without saying a word. She's got all this attention. Also she left a great spot on a national TV show, that's a big deal for a wrestler that was a indie talent.

I think the injury thing is out the window, not working for a big company cause she's got anxiety is out the window for me (it's maybe not big time TV, but they still got a TV deal and work in front of good crowds). If she signs on full time Impact, I definitely think something has happened with her and AEW that made her leave, maybe falling out with someone or maybe not like the direction of the women's division, maybe she felt that she wouldn't get better as a performer the way the division is now.

She's not a Asuka/Io type world class talent they lost, but she's a lot better then the likes of Britt, Nyla (who i like) and Brandi. But good luck to her and wish her all the best.Whatever it was to leave a position of probably been one of the big stars in AEW must have took some balls.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I think if the non Joshi workers were better in AEW, I doubt her leaving would have caused that much of a wave. I think that she was probably the better worker in that DON 4 way, and the crowd liked her.
I think the injury thing is out the window, not working for a big company cause she's got anxiety is out the window for me (it's maybe not big time TV, but they still got a TV deal and work in front of good crowds). If she signs on full time Impact, I definitely think something has happened with her and AEW that made her leave, maybe falling out with someone or maybe not like the direction of the women's division, maybe she felt that she wouldn't get better as a performer the way the division is now.
Think so too. Kylie isn't as good as Tessa or so (and the current hype around her is mainly there because of the people hoping for a big aew story), but she's pretty good and would be a nice addition to any company.

We will see if she really signs. It's also possible that she came to the conclusion that the travel schedule in a big company would be nothing for her. Kylie only took Chicago bookings so far since the AEW end. And she took through her years usually bookings not far from home (I think Double or Nothing in Vegas was the farthest away she been).

·
The TNA IMPACT Wrestling Guru
214 Posts
Hopefully, Kylie signs with IMPACT. I was impressed with her, from what I've seen at BFG. She's a pop machine and radiates positiveness.

A' OK! :russo

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Think so too. Kylie isn't as good as Tessa or so (and the current hype around her is mainly there because of the people hoping for a big aew story), but she's pretty good and would be a nice addition to any company.

We will see if she really signs. It's also possible that she came to the conclusion that the travel schedule in a big company would be nothing for her. Kylie only took Chicago bookings so far since the AEW end. And she took through her years usually bookings not far from home (I think Double or Nothing in Vegas was the farthest away she been).
She's took a indie booking in Texas in October, out the window goes any talk of her wanting to just take bookings in Chicago. So it's not a career ending injury, it's not afraid of working on TV or in front of big audiences, it's not about travel, I don't think it's about anxiety either just my opinion. All the rumors of what it might be are falling to the wayside.

Is it that far fetched, maybe she left cause she got offered a deal with NXT but signed a deal with AEW just before she got any word about it. Didn't want to stay with AEW, wanted out. Would anyone be shocked if in January when the next recruits for performance center are bought out that Kylie will be there.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Any female wrestler with sense would sign with IMPACT right now. Yeah Tessa wants out, but she is just a freak talent who will be the first woman to earn male main event money. I would wager she would tell you the same, as I am now, I'd put money on it. When Scott D'Amore is creative lead (in terms of women especially), he's the best guy to be under the wing of. AEW right now, would be a terrible move because it stinks worse than a Spanish train station toilet. WWE with her name, would get the approval she deserves.

I detest WWE's attitude to the wrestlers, but in this one singular case, this is her best option outside of IMPACT, which I don't think she should move from anytime soon.

Man I waffled & curtailed, Kylie Rae would be better off in IMPACT, the end.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts