Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a while since I've sat down and written an article that wasn't a full wrestling show review. Well, here is one.
Reliving A Feud series is back! This time, I go to the independent scene and watch three matches between Ethan Page and Kylie Rae in Chicago for Freelance Wrestling.

·
Hiding in the shadows
1,116 Posts
It has been a while since I've sat down and written an article that wasn't a full wrestling show review. Well, here is one.
Reliving A Feud series is back! This time, I go to the independent scene and watch three matches between Ethan Page and Kylie Rae in Chicago for Freelance Wrestling.

Good stuff. (y)

I've known about Ethan for about 12-13(?) years now. Me and some friends went to a very small indie show in 2006(?). It was our first time seeing him. He wrestled twice that night. We didn't have a clue as to who he was at that point in time, but I can tell you, we all remembered him after the show. The Ethan you see now, is exactly the same Ethan I saw that night. He had the same cocky heel persona then and well, nothing has really changed.

One of the guys we were with, had brought his 2 kids with him (maybe 8 and 10), sitting front row and once Ethan laid eyes on the kids, that was it, he had hooked us all. He got in the kids faces, even one slapping him, but then Ethan took over. He grabbed one of their hats, ran around the ring with it, put it on and then got into the ring. Of course he was just baiting the kid along, putting out his hand with the hat and then yanking it away as he tried to grab it. By this time, the kid was getting pretty upset. Ethan then finally gave it back to him and talked with the kids later on that night. He also hat-flipped one of the guys later, before his second match. He had a stand-off contest with my friend, seeing who would flinch first. We all knew what was coming, but we didn't know when. During the match, he was thrown out of the ring, casually walked past us and then, bam, there goes the hat! It was great fun and I'm glad he stuck around, eventually ending up where he is now.

Another one of the guys, who's a graphic designer, talked with Ethan about designing shirts, logos, DVD cover-art, etc. I know he did quite a few things for him very early on, but I don't think it was any longer than a few months. That was really cool to see, with Ethan accepting his help and my friend, offering him, what he did best.

As an aside, also on the show that night was, Michael Elgin, Josh Alexander, LuFisto, Allie (then known as Cherry Bomb) and Blade (Pepper Parks). Not bad for $20 back then.

I didn't mean to take over your thread, but I thought you'd be interested in that little piece of early Ethan history.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts