Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does Kurt Angle get OVER-pushed in TNA? Since Kurt Angle entered TNA 4 years ago, I can only recall him losing to AJ, Joe, Lethal and Sting. He destroyed Samoa Joe's push and 18 month undefeated streak when he came into the company and totally killed Joe's momentum by having Joe job to him repeatedly.

Now he's on a tear with this top 10 angle where he is basically burying all the best wrestlers in the company. Already he has made Kaz, Wolfe, Pope, Amazing Red, and Hernandez tap out in consecutive matches. Are they going to feed him the entire roster and have everyone tap out to him?

He's a 5'9, 215 pound guy that is pushed like a monster and tosses around 300 pounders around the ring. I recall a cage gauntlet match last year during the MEM storyline where he single handedly eliminated half the TNA roster from the match.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
I can't help but be fed up of him since the Morgan fued. I REALLY don't like him. Respect and appreciate him, but he's really boring. This going through the ranks is just eh

He's lost to quite a few people I think. Let me think

·
Banned
787 Posts
Kurt Angle is TNA's Cena. In Wrestling a company always needs a poster boy that hardly loses, and it's great to see that Kurt Angle is TNA's MVP. I actually like the fact that Kurt Angle has beaten Kaz, Wolfe, Pope and Hernandez, it really fits in well with his current storyline.

Kurt Angle FTW :)

·
Number 30 in the Rumble
1,622 Posts
I was disappointed neither Wolfe nor Anderson nor AJ got a clean win over him in their recent feuds, and this top 10 thing is stupid, it's just Kurt burying everyone. I like Kurt but TNA are using him badly, they should have him putting over the young guys not burying them.

·
Registered
549 Posts
It makes sense that Kurt barely loses, because his whole gimmick is that he's the BEST wrestler in the world (Olympic gold medalist, ect). His current march through the rankings has gotten boring though, because of the whole "I'll retire if i lose" thing making the matches a foregone conclusion. What would really spice it up is if he met someone like Joe at #5 or #6 who Kurt can't beat cleanly, so he turns heel. That way, they could have him turn face against RVD in the title match but lose anyway because of RVD cheating, and have another well deserved break for a few months.
As for the people saying that losing to Angle equates to being buried, that's just ridiculous. Kurt makes his opponents look awesome, I'd go so far as to say a close loss to Kurt > a win over most others in TNA.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ànybody that argues against TNA pushing Angle is talking out their ass. He is the most consistently awesome wrestler in the world today. Any time he steps in the ring and is given time - he delivers. And any time he's in there with somebody - win, lose or draw his opponent looks like a million bucks. Just look at his match with Morgan, Morgan would have looked no better coming out of that match had he won, it was TNA that dropped the ball on the follow-up. People on the internet seem to think losing to somebody means they're buried which is just ridiculous.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,954 Posts
Wolfe should have won the 3 Degrees of Pain and Anderson should have won the Cage Match. Angle didn't need those wins what so ever.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Especially as he's doing this "I'm gonna rebuild my career" thing going through the ranks. I defo agree.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Didnt he lose to AJ like 3 times in a row? (well 2 if you dont count the screwjob)You make it sound like it was just one time. He also lost twice to Anderson, as well as getting bloodied up multiple times. That feud ended up 2-2. Kurt Angle has jobbed more than his fair share this year. 4 losses (not counting screwjob)for a guy of his stature? Hell, i'd say thats two too many actually.

I was disappointed neither Wolfe nor Anderson nor AJ got a clean win over him in their recent feuds, and this top 10 thing is stupid, it's just Kurt burying everyone. I like Kurt but TNA are using him badly, they should have him putting over the young guys not burying them.
I dont think heels need to win clean for it to have meaning. It doesnt make any difference to me. AJ did beat him clean though on the live January show, when he was still face. Anderson's win in the 8 card stud tournament i would consider clean as both men had equal oppurtunity to use the buckle-less post. Anderson just got the best of him.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think anyone is arguing that he is NOT a great wrestler that he does not deserve the push. It is just that losing to 4 guys in 4 years is a little unrealistic. To think that Samoa Joe has jobbed to Tomko, Orlando Jordan, and Amazing Red in recent times....and it is JOE who is supposed to be the unstoppable badass monster.

Yet Angle (the supposed technician) destroys people as if he's the undertaker.

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
I never understand why people complain about heels not beating big name faces cleanly. If they would go over cleanly then it would completely fuck their heat. See Orton/Benoit 2004

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
There is absolutely no comparison between Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe. Kurt Angle is one of the best wrestlers of all time, and is still the top wrestler in the game today. Why should their records be similar?

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
I still respect Kurt Angle but that is probably because of his work in WWE.

I really dislike the way Kurt Angle is bulldozing through all of TNA's hot prospects, he isn't helping or doing it for anyone but himself.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I don't see the point of this "move up through the ranks" storyline he is in, is the ultimate purpose to make him a TNA champ at the end? Yawns.

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
I don't blame Angle honestly. The whole storyline is just some lazy booking those jackasses thought up, just like the whole rankings in general.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Its funny how everyone complains that all of TNA's storylines have no direction, and here's one with a clear cut direction and people bitch about it. Oh wow...god forbid Pope and Hernandez lose in competitive matches to Kurt Angle. How do we know Angle wont put someone over at the end of this? For all we know, Joe could be #1 at the time and Angle loses to him. What would you all say then?

·
Banned
28 Posts
Ok first off all he is 6'0" and weighs like 235. Second quit bitching everybody. Dont worry about it just watch the damn show. Vince Russo isnt reading this forum picking out our ideas anyway. The IWC makes up about 0.1 of the 1.1 TNA gets every week. Quit watching if you dont like it you will not be missed. Impatient yankee pussy pricks.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts