Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming Kurt finishes his career and retires in the next few years, who would you pick as his final opponent.

I think there are three options; Aries, Samoa Joe or AJ Styles

Samoa Joe and him had one of the best feuds in TNA history, their main event at Lockdown drew TNA's highest PPV buyrate to date and they always put on a good match

He and AJ also had some great matches and their different styles really mesh well

Aries would be my option if you wanted to use the last match as a way of really putting over a younger guy, it would be a huge win and his promos after about being the guy who retired Angle would be great.

I think in the end I would probably go for Joe, they haven't been in the ring together for a few years and I think they would have a brilliant match

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well Joe is the best option. Begin with Joe end with Joe.

But its TNA, so :/

·
Fire, walk with me
8,000 Posts
IF he had to finish his career in TNA, then Aries is the best option I guess, unless Joe decided to suddenly become motivated again. I'd love for Kurt to have one more great match before he retires though and I think he's more suited to the WWE style, or at least more willing to be lead in a match in that style and not just have the usual Kurt Angle post 2005/6ish match which is nowhere near his early work in terms of quality imo.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Samoa Joe.

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
I'd probably choose Jeff Hardy. I know they just had a match but in a couple of years theoretically the feud would be fresh. Angle choosing the biggest name at their disposal (unless TNA signed Orton) would be wise as it would make it seem like a bigger deal to casuals and would draw a big buyrate.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
If not Joe, than AJ Styles...

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Samoa Joe or AJ would be ideal choices. Although TNA would have to really rebuild both of them as they're both stuck in the midcard at the moment. Although I will say I'd love to see an Angle-Aries feud down the line, I don't think Aries will be Angle's opponent for his final match.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I'd much rather see Angle wrestle his last match/matches in the WWE, there's a bunch of great matches he could put on there.

If he does have it in TNA though, I'd probably go with Joe or someone young who could get a big push out of retiring Angle like Magnus or Gunner. Obviously they'd have to improve quite a lot within the next few years, here's hoping that happens regardless.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
If its going to be hist last match. LAST MATCH. I want to see him face someone who he has never wrestled against before. Assuming TNA doesn't bring anyone in. I want to see Angle vs. Aries. I am tired of wrestling reliving the past and guys who are on top only giving the rub to other guys who are on top already. Angle vs. Aries. Its new and Aries being able to say he was the guy who retired Angle would do more for him then it would Joe who is not on the rise but instead the decline.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I see his last match happening at a Wrestlemania however whatever TNA bills as his last match should take place vs Samoa Joe if he gets back in shape and becomes a main eventers, if not then it should be vs AJ Styles. Let everyone and their mother know it is Kurts last match and the word will get out to enough WWE fans, AJ Styles has more name value than any non-WWE product in the past decade+ I could see a ton of WWE fans saying "Oh I heard of that AJ guys and its Kurts last match, I guess I will give this PPV a shot.".

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Samoa Joe if its in TNA.

But I know he's going to retire in WWE therefore his last match should be at Wrestlemania against Daniel Bryan. And it should be the main event for the title, considering how damn good it will be.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a funny feeling that Angle will retire only when he will be physically unable to climb the entrance ladder to the ring.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts