Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Kurt came back to the WWE full time, would he get a similar treatment to guys such as Christian for defecting to TNA. I know it's diferent as he had already been champion and far outperforms Christian in pretty much every aspect, but would he be punished for it?

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
No, Kurt Angle is one of the greatest of all time, he was on a different caliber than Christian in terms of position in the company. He was almost a special attraction and one of the highest paid wrestlers on the roster.

·
The legend never dies
4,391 Posts
i dont think vince wants kurt back, just because he seems to be the next benoit, his body is mangled, his mind is fucked from the drugs and has been arrested a few times but id love to see him back just dont think he would, and no he should be put in a major feud and show these rookies how to wrestle and put some of them over

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
I wouldn't call it defecting.

·
Registered
270 Posts
With Kurt's current instability issues, if he DID come back to the WWE, I wouldn't expect them to invest a whole lot into him right away. Maybe start him off slow with a US Championship run and a year in the mid card... then if he sticks around and stays out of trouble, maybe elevate him back to the top later down the road.

So yeah, it actually probably would be a lot like Christian's return to WWE.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
He wouldn't go back full time. Stars like him come and go and get to do whatever they feel like doing. Sad but true.

·
Shooting the birds down from the trees
4,506 Posts
Kurt Angle is one of my favourite wrestlers, and certainly in my eyes the greatest technical wrestler to grace the ring. He also had great microphone skills and could generate serious heat from the crowd. I get to see him on TNA but it's not the same. I would mark out so hard if he got into s feud with the likes of Daniel Bryan and CM punk.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Greatest wrestler of all times no way in hell hes getting bullshit from vince but i dont think he can handle the WWE schedule anymore,but i would love to see him back

·
Banned
882 Posts
He doesn't outperform Christian "by far." Christian can hold his down with Angle any day of the week. And he really didn't defect, he was kinda pushed out due to his health, at least that's what I read when he left. And nothing has changed, his health is worse than ever, so I doubt Vince wants him back.

·
Banned
125 Posts
the guys happy with TNA and only hinted going back to the WWE if things were out of his control and it was the only option (needed the cash).

If angle did come back i'd just hope that they put him on smackdown.

·
Banned
852 Posts
I agree with those saying he'd be well off. No way he'd be kept at midcard or as a jobber to the stars, he'd be in the main event just like that. He is one of the best in-ring talents around, and Vince wouldn't neglect to use him while he is still young enough to put on great matches.

·
Registered
345 Posts
nah, angle is pretty over with fans, despite the whole "you suck" shit when he first debuted. i'm sure he'd get a huge push, plus, mcmahon really likes kurt and really wanted to sign him when he won gold at the olympics.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Only way Kurt Angle would return to the WWE is when he gets inducted in the Hall of Fame.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,607 Posts
No, he wouldn't be punished. Angle and Christian are on two very different levels. One was pushed straight to the top upon his WWF debut, and the other only won the World Title for two days. Harsh, but true.

I just don't see it happening, though. Angle's 43 years old, seems to get arrested every couple of months for something and his mind seems to be in the weirdest of places at times. I wish the guy would just go home and clear his head for six months.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
If Kurt ever came back he should get the Brock Lesnar treatment - make him seem like a legitimate fighter coming back as a special attraction to fuck people up. I don't think Angle could work a full schedule, so if they had him playing the 'Legitimate' character that Lesnar is, the schedule would probably suit him. I'd love to see him back.

·
Registered
21,634 Posts
The reason why Christian was treated the way he was, was because he'd left the WWE specifically for TNA and turned his back on the company who made him a star. This is something that really irks Vince McMahon because he's had so many guys over the years make names off him and then leave when it suits them after all the time that Vince invested on them.

The thing with Kurt Angle is that Vince fired him because he was too much of a liability knowing full well that he could go to TNA and Vince didn't care, he just didn't want another wrestling tragedy on his hands after Kurt refused rehab. If they brought Kurt back it would be on a short term deal as a last run before retirement so with that in mind he'd be made to look like an absolute legend before putting somebody over on his way out.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts