Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Asuka
96,210 Posts
I've always liked it, but I'd have to give it a proper re-watch because at this point it's just a faint memory that I have. I need an excuse to watch some of my old DVD's, so what the hell, I might do it soon enough.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
I found it incredbly dissapointing and underwhelming to be honest. In general im not a big fan of the Guerrero/Angle series, and their Summerslam match later in the year was awful. There was so much more in that match they could have done, they had the time for it and considering it was one of the primary main events at Wrestlemania of all places they looked like they were just going through the motions and coasting. I shouldnt be too suprised though because I remember reading before Wrestlemania that Guerrero and Angle were working matches on house shows which the company found to be lackluster

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Any other event and it would've stood out more. It was a great match if my memory serves me right, especially after the snore-fest Goldberg and Lesnar put on right before them. Then Trips, Michaels and that guy we can't mention anymore put on an epic match that made everyone forget about Angle and Eddie.

·
22,784 Posts
I found it incredbly dissapointing and underwhelming to be honest. In general im not a big fan of the Guerrero/Angle series, and their Summerslam match later in the year was awful. There was so much more in that match they could have done, they had the time for it and considering it was one of the primary main events at Wrestlemania of all places they looked like they were just going through the motions and coasting. I shouldnt be too suprised though because I remember reading before Wrestlemania that Guerrero and Angle were working matches on house shows which the company found to be lackluster
Well, you saved me the time of writing out a post myself, so thanks :p.

Their 2/3 falls match in SD in... I wanna say late 04 but I recall them having a SD match in 2005 too so it could be that one... is imo their best match together and a boat load of fun too.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Massively overrated match. It's good, make no mistakes, but not great by any means. It was boring, and it doesn't get any worse in pro wrestling than boring. Mat work was nice, though.

·
Registered
745 Posts
IMO, its pretty solid on the basis of the name alone. I would agree that it did not have that big-time feel to it. They just coasted well with their movesets and did it well. I would put it on par with HBK vs Jericho at WM 19. Though the ending was probably my favorite ending ever.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Hmmmm, is it because of the fact that on name alone we expected something really epic, and it just comes up to be only great, not like, motd or something like that?

·
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone
5,893 Posts
Great match, one of Eddie's best.
He has far and away better matches than this one. JBL was a better fit for Eddie tbh.

In the same boat as Yeah1993,Rude Awakening & Cal, its good but dissapointing given the talents of Eddie, I really thought he of all people would have been able to put on a match with Angle that I would have enjoyed so long as Angle's faults didn't ruin the match, but Summerslam 2004 reaffirmed that wasn't a possibility. And Eddie himself was pretty bad in the Summerslam match so it wasn't like he was the one holding the match together, both just really didn't click.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if they were told to not have the best match possible just to make the triple threat match seem BETTER, so that WM XX was remembered for the Triple Threat and not a rushed, illogical WWE title match.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Well, i loved the ending.

Dont remember much else though.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were told to not have the best match possible just to make the triple threat match seem BETTER, so that WM XX was remembered for the Triple Threat and not a rushed, illogical WWE title match.
Not bloody likely. Considering the lack of chemistry Eddie and Angle displayed at Summerslam as well. Awful match that time.

Even on their best night, Eddie and Kurt wouldve struggled to get a match better than Benoit (the best wrestler on earth), Shawn (Mr Wrestlemania) and Triple H who when needed, can deliver a classic.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts