Wrestling Forum banner

Kurt Angle Upset With Jarrett Family Angle

7480 Views 74 Replies 65 Participants Last post by  scrilla
Kurt Angle posted the following on Twitter regarding this week's TNA iMPACT!:

"The "Jarrett" segments on TNA Impact were appalling. It made me look like a dead beat Dad, which I am not (I can assure you). And it made Karen and Jeff look like the perfect American Family. MY kids were calling Jeff "Daddy Jeff".

"NOBODY will ever replace me as the Father of my kids. You want me to look like the bad person? Don't forget who wanted the divorce! I didn't walk away from my family, Karen did. So keep your little "act" going on TV. It's amusing to me, but don't think for a million years that my fans are buying this crap."

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/Kurt_Angle_Upset_With_Jarrett_Family_Angle.php

It amazes me that TNA could be this stupid to do something like this without the full cooperation of Kurt. You might as well say goodbye to Angle in TNA once his contract is up.
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

· Registered
223 Posts
I'd laugh if Kurt Angle just left and returned to WWE. Jeff Jarret is a tool anyway. He never never drew in crowd in WCW and isn't in TNA. Who gives a shit about gutairs it's a dumb gimmick he is using shares and power in the business side of TNa to job into matches that do nothing for drawing crowds or figures. HE is talentless.

· Purebred Powerhouse
7,854 Posts
Work or shoot, I honestly just don't care.

This angle was MUCH more interesting when it was just Jarrett being the bitter founder of TNA, who sold out the Carter family in favor of the Immortal regime. When he confronted Angle, it seemed like the natural renewal of a past rivalry.

None of this shit is needed. The skits are embarrassingly bad. Plus, they're in poor taste. I don't see any of this drawing genuine heat. It's just bad. It's lame, outdated, and unnecessary.

Jarrett and Angle had an awesome feud. TNA owns all that footage. They'd simply need to remind fans of that, then push the idea that Jarrett (who sold out) wants to enforce the "Angle agreed to retire" stipulation from Bound For Glory. Then, when you pile on the added idea that Jarrett seeks recognition as an MMA competitor these days, and you've got a fresh feud.

A fresh feud with layers.

Layers of combat, athleticism, an old grudge, and two top-tier acts.

Instead, they're watering it down with this family drama. The smart fans know about it. The casual fans don't care. It was fine when that was just an underlying factor of their feud, but TNA has fucked up & made it the central focus of the entire ordeal. And that's just poor booking on their part.

Nobody really cares about this type of shit. I don't know how TNA has failed to recognize that. The whole "worked shoot" shit sent WCW straight into the red ink.

And, if it was tired and overdone back then, you can only imagine how outdated it seems now.

· Registered
12,669 Posts
Disagree that the message is a work. TNA is airing dirty laundry and it's all appalling. Don't give me this Kurt had to agree or this wouldn't happen. TNA can do whatever they want. Someone show me his contract where he has all the say in the world on what happens with regard to his EX-wife appearing on TV. Of course he has to respond or else they just run Jarrett and Karen without Kurt and they'd be in the ring saying Kurt is a coward. Get it now people?" Given that Jarrett is a big part of the company, they can run this B.S. Still can't believe Karen went to HIM. If not they wouldn't have this dirty laundry reality b.s.
Kurt has full creative control over his character ....

· Registered
13 Posts
Disagree that the message is a work. TNA is airing dirty laundry and it's all appalling. Don't give me this Kurt had to agree or this wouldn't happen. TNA can do whatever they want. Someone show me his contract where he has all the say in the world on what happens with regard to his EX-wife appearing on TV. Of course he has to respond or else they just run Jarrett and Karen without Kurt and they'd be in the ring saying Kurt is a coward. Get it now people?" Given that Jarrett is a big part of the company, they can run this B.S. Still can't believe Karen went to HIM. If not they wouldn't have this dirty laundry reality b.s.
Kurt has full creative control over his character ....
THIS

· Registered
422 Posts
With Kurt's consent? Most likely a work?

If you're one of the people who believe that those tweet aren't works, you're a fucking idiot.

Sorry, but not really.

Obviously works.

Also, you do realize that everyone getting so emotionally involved and worked up over the storyline shows how good it really is.

· Registered
993 Posts
I'd laugh if Kurt Angle just left and returned to WWE. Jeff Jarret is a tool anyway. He never never drew in crowd in WCW and isn't in TNA. Who gives a shit about gutairs it's a dumb gimmick he is using shares and power in the business side of TNa to job into matches that do nothing for drawing crowds or figures. HE is talentless.
Never drew in WCW blah blah. Scott Steiner was gold in late WCW and couldn't save it.

· Registered
2,140 Posts
Holy shit, how can any of you believe for a second this was real?

61 - 75 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.