Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kurt Angle tweeted the following:

"I truly look a wwe and it's not the same without shawn, HHH, rock, austin and me. They have incredible talent like 'Taker, kane and others. I thank GOD vince game me a chance, but any talent won't be is HUGE as we were. I'm not trying to benefit Tna. I love Tna. But wwe needs upper talent. I hope they do it, but when I was in wwe, the talent was incredible. Rey mysterio, cena and orton picked up the slack. But is wwe like it was? Tna has Awesome talent. I Pray we can compete up against the Monster wwe someday. I will do my very best. I loved wwe when I was there-but tna is better for me. I Pray we both succeed incredibly. Kurt".

He added:

"A big shout out to some of my boys that I forgot to mention in my comment last night, Edge, Y2J, Christian, Eddie and Benoit. Good times!!!"

He also tweeted that he is looking into doing a "good vs. evil" movie with RVD.

----

I really don't watch wwe so i don't know about the state of things there and i'm not going on that discussion. What i know is TNA has an incredible roster, great talent, but that's not really the problem isn't it?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Kurt Angle tweeted the following:

"I truly look a wwe and it's not the same without shawn, HHH, rock, austin and me. They have incredible talent like 'Taker, kane and others. I thank GOD vince game me a chance, but any talent won't be is HUGE as we were. I'm not trying to benefit Tna. I love Tna. But wwe needs upper talent. I hope they do it, but when I was in wwe, the talent was incredible. Rey mysterio, cena and orton picked up the slack. But is wwe like it was? Tna has Awesome talent. I Pray we can compete up against the Monster wwe someday. I will do my very best. I loved wwe when I was there-but tna is better for me. I Pray we both succeed incredibly. Kurt".

He added:

"A big shout out to some of my boys that I forgot to mention in my comment last night, Edge, Y2J, Christian, Eddie and Benoit. Good times!!!"

He also tweeted that he is looking into doing a "good vs. evil" movie with RVD.

----

I really don't watch wwe so i don't know about the state of things there and i'm not going on that discussion. What i know is TNA has an incredible roster, great talent, but that's not really the problem isn't it?
i can just say don`t worry Kurt there will be others and also welcome back to pay roll in 3 years time when Vince buys Tna , if you still wrestle :gun:

·
8,232 Posts
WWE sure as hell doesn't have the star power as it did during the time he's talking about, but it's definitely in the best state it's been in YEARS.

And I'm a huge Angle fan, but surely he knows Bryan Danielson, Alberto Del Rio, Wade Barrett and all the young guys make for a BRIGHT future?

Yeah, he knows. TNA has the talent, that's for sure Kurt. But the assbackwards booking, that's also for sure.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Wow, Benoit is still his boy?

Kurt living in the past. Nobody in TNA have the charisma and passion of Cena and Orton. Hell, Wade Barrett standing there without saying a word gets tremendous heat, that is a true heel. The it factor for sure.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Why do people always quote the first post? Being the second post, I'm sure we know who you are replying to.

Just add to say that....

·
Registered
3,140 Posts

Kurt living in the past. Nobody in TNA have the charisma and passion of Cena and Orton. Hell, Wade Barrett standing there without saying a word gets tremendous heat, that is a true heel. The it factor for sure.
Orton can't cut a promo and Cena's character has been stale and watered down for over 5 years. Kurt is right on the money about the new crop of talent not holding a candle to his generation.

·
Registered
894 Posts
WWE sure as hell doesn't have the star power as it did during the time he's talking about, but it's definitely in the best state it's been in YEARS.

And I'm a huge Angle fan, but surely he knows Bryan Danielson, Alberto Del Rio, Wade Barrett and all the young guys make for a BRIGHT future?

Yeah, he knows. TNA has the talent, that's for sure Kurt. But the assbackwards booking, that's also for sure.
That's Not true actually. WWE Raw and Smackdown have hit some of the lowest ratings and attendences ever this year, showing a gradual lack of interest in the product, probably due to younger kids growing out of wrestling. Granted WWE could get some newer fans in, but they don't look like hitting 4.0s on a regular basis like they used to do anytime soon.

For example:

While an attendance figure for Monday's RAW television taping at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. has yet to be disclosed, it was said to be the least attended WWE live event at the venue in several years
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2010/0908/531685/

·
Registered
894 Posts

lol... Anybody with a brain knows that The likes of Cena,Orton and Wade Barett are nothing compared to the talent WWE had in the late 90s and early 00s. You should CHECK OUT the crowd reactions from old-raw episodes on youtube, then you'll see real heat and real pops ;)

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Developing wrestlers who can possible become as big as the stars of yesterday is a problem with both companies.

Both companies need to stick with the pushes they started and re-start the ones they ended for no reason.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
ya the attitude era had so many awesome wrestlers and that's a big reason why austin and rock kicked so much ass too. those guys were great on their own but the surrounding cast really helped too. even the tag division was awesome with hardys edge and christian, dudleys etc....it seemed like everyone they had back in that day was great on the mic.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Kurt is absolutely right, the generation today havnt even got a 1/4 talent than the ones involved in the AE, the star power just isnt there.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Cena and Batista is bigger stars than HBK and Angle ever was. Nobody can sit here and act like HBK was this huge star that drew money and sold a lot of merchandise when he was on top. He did well but not as good as Cena. Cena is a bigger cross over star, he's everywhere. I just seen his movie on HBO. When they gave the ball to Angle, ratings started to go down, that's when business started to go down. From 2002-2005, WWE was struggling a bit but with the rise of Cena and Batista business started to pick up.

The only real stars of the Attitude era that can touch Cena is Rock and Austin. Other than those two, Cena is a bigger star than everybody including Taker.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
meh, it the same situation with TNA but of course he isnt gonna pull an RVD.

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kurt should also adress booking and the business in tna. He would sure find out why tna isn't growing as much as it should.

·
Registered
9,306 Posts

THIS.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts