Wrestling Forum banner

181 - 200 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Perfect scenario: He goes off the grid, not a peep at all. He rests up and gets his body ready and then in January in Pittsburgh he makes a surprise return at the Rumble and eliminates Rusev.

I can't think of a better set up to create one of the biggest return pops of all time. I would probably shit my pants.
I usually play returning wrestlers themes in anticipation of monstrous pop :p

Hunter better be throwing a curveball by ignoring Angle

·
Registered
72 Posts
Perfect scenario: He goes off the grid, not a peep at all. He rests up and gets his body ready and then in January in Pittsburgh he makes a surprise return at the Rumble and eliminates Rusev.

I can't think of a better set up to create one of the biggest return pops of all time. I would probably shit my pants.

Agreed. However imagine if they pulled off a swerve by playing Jack Swagger's music and tron at 25 or so with Rusev out there then the speakers and screen malfunction out of nowhere then Kurt Angle's music hits....now that would be epic.

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
It's been 2 weeks, kurt. Make your darn decision.
His contract ended a few days ago with TNA. His decision should come at any time now.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Don't think he is signing with WWE, Why announce it months ahead of time instead of a surprise return.

I hope he goes to NJPW or something...While matches and segments with a few guys would be interesting in the WWE he would have better matches elsewhere. Hell he had better matches and segments in TNA than I think he will in the WWE again.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Everyone seems to forget that kurt didnt leave wwe on his own accord. He was released for health reasons mostly due to his neck and an apparent refusal to take care of it. Since his release, he's picked up even more interesting 'habits' and he's had a handful of operations that never seem to hold him together that long.

The announcement could he a lot of things, i doubt very seriously wwe's interested in signing him or anyone else they got rid of in their prime.

Regardless of how frequently said 'stars' talk about going back to bid themselves up to a woman that probably only now is learning to know better.

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Everyone seems to forget that kurt didnt leave wwe on his own accord. He was released for health reasons mostly due to his neck and an apparent refusal to take care of it.
Where did you read that? I thought it was common knowledge that Kurt requested his release from WWE and was given it on the basis that they thought he'd take time off and eventually come back to the company.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I would actually fucking explode if his music hit during the Royal Rumble. :mark::mark::mark::mark::mark::mark::mark::mark::mark::mark::mark::mark::mark::mark::mark::mark:

·
Banned
244 Posts
"Mommy, why is the bald man doing the same thing Jack Swagger did?"

"Because, honey, he still needs money and smarks won't let people in bad health retire in peace."
Kurt Angle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jack Swagger

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
I thought he left because they insisted they put him through rehab for his drug issues if he was there.....but he'd rather leave than get clean?

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,395 Posts
This is what Kurt said in regards to why he left WWE:

On leaving WWE and getting off a full-time schedule:
"I chose to quit WWE. Vince McMahon wanted me to go full time, and we were butting heads. I felt I put in enough time and all the effort I could to wrestle 250 or 300 days per year, and I felt like I couldn't do that any longer. Vince, on the other hand, with the amount of money (I was the highest paid individual last year) said I should go full-time. He needed me for all the house shows, TV -- everything."

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
An Angle surprise return at the Royal Rumble in Pittsburgh has the potential of being the single loudest pop in wrestling history. If he is healthy enough for a 15 month schedule at Brock Lesnar dates he will be worth every cent.

·
Registered
301 Posts
This is what is going on.

Kurt Angle knows that the WWE roster is thin when it comes to top talent. From what we've read, he asked Triple H if he can come back and he was declined. He then went to Vince and was told to speak to Triple H.

Kurt is just making this announcement so WWE knows this is their last chance to sign him before he goes else where. Why else would he announce it? Especially if he hasn't even signed a contract yet? He is just trying to make the WWE sign him and it is a smart plan.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I really doubt he will be back in the WWE. I pretty sure WWE would want to keep it a surprise if he doesn't plan to wrestle until January. Honestly, after seeing him recently, I really doubt he would be able to pass the wellness test.

·
WeeWoo WeeWoo
20,073 Posts
This is what is going on.

Kurt Angle knows that the WWE roster is thin when it comes to top talent. From what we've read, he asked Triple H if he can come back and he was declined. He then went to Vince and was told to speak to Triple H.

Kurt is just making this announcement so WWE knows this is their last chance to sign him before he goes else where. Why else would he announce it? Especially if he hasn't even signed a contract yet? He is just trying to make the WWE sign him and it is a smart plan.
That sounds very plausible, for sure.

Not 100% sure if it's smart, though, cause it might rub some higher ups the wrong way.

181 - 200 of 213 Posts