Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NoDQ.com > WWE > Kurt Angle returning to WWE this Summer?
Posted by Dave Mitchell on 02/03/2011 at 03:59 PM

TNA star Kurt Angle appeared on Canada's The Fight Show on Thursday afternoon and revealed that his current deal with TNA expires in August.

This is consistent with Kevin Nash's recent comments on ESPN radio earlier this week. Nash was asked whether he and Booker T returning to WWE could result in a new incarnation of the Main Event Mafia. Nash joked we could see it happen this summer, since Kurt Angle could be a free agent by then.

At this point, there have been no indications that WWE is interested in bringing Kurt Angle back. Angle has had favorable things to say about WWE in recent months, but he was having trouble keeping up with the WWE lifestyle back when he left several years ago and that would likely still be a big concern.

Here are a few Angle quotes from @thefightshow on Twitter:

"My contract (with TNA) is up in August. I will keep my options open"

"I have no plans of leaving, but I don't think Booker T and Kevin Nash did either."

"Up until 2-3 days before the Rumble, Booker and Kev were signed with TNA. They asked for their release"

I hope he does

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
one can dream. I would rather have kurt angle back than anyone who is retired or with another company.

·
Registered
461 Posts
If he really returns and actually has a feud and matches, it will be great news!

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
If he can pass a WWE physical test, I would be very surprised.

If he can, WWE would probably sign him to a Legends Contract, have him attack Jack Swagger for gimmick infringement, leading to Swagger making him tap out in the anklelock on some random PPV before he disappears again. This forum would be a fun place to visit then.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Personally, I'd rather everyone at "Legends" status be kept under WWE contract. Angle, Booker, Nash, Hall, X-Pac, Foley, Flair, Hogan...they should all be under exclusive deals that allows them to make special appearances a few times a year.

But out of anyone, Kurt Angle has one last great run in him. I'd kill to see matches with Bryan, Punk, Morrison, Bourne, Ziggler, and of course Swagger.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Swagger vs. Angle would be one for the ages.
Amen. I can already see Swagger envying Angle in a typical student vs master storyline. Could be a great way to try and get Swagger over with the fans again by having Angle put him over in a feud.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Angle is wasted in TNA. Come home Kurt!

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts
Best thing WWE could hope for.

Best wrestler in the world, was the top guy when he left WWE.

Plus Bryan vs Angle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
I'm a Christian
699 Posts
I would worship it, really, maybe they could have him work a little less though, like limit the house shows so he can stay at his best.

·
What?
13,511 Posts
I don't care who they bring back as long as I can have more of that entrance music in my life.

brb downloading PPV's so I can get my "YOU SUCK" fix.

·
"MINUS FIVE STARS"
1,858 Posts
It would be the biggest "YOU SUCK" singalong to his theme EVER!!! And I would be sitting here in front of my television screaming it too!!!

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I think Kurt's gonna wind up staying in TNA, but it wouldn't surprise me if he went back to the WWE.

TNA gives him more time off. He's been putting on great matches.

The thought of Kurt having matches against Daniel Bryan and Morrison sounds awesome.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts