Wrestling Forum banner

Kurt Angle NOT going back to WWE

1816 Views 26 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  Arya Dark
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Premium Member
83,359 Posts
I don't believe that for a second. That's just a tool he's using to get a bigger offer from WWE.

By saying that he certainly isn't going to get a bigger offer by TNA.

· Registered
608 Posts
Mr. Angle please we know it is wrestling so never say never. Bret Hart said the same thing too.
Well seems like it will take some time to see him again in a WWE ring if he ever changes his mind.

· Banned
4,205 Posts
good riddance
You serious? The guy is one of, if not the best, wrestler of all time.

Nice to see the WWE marks out in force in this thread.

I think some of you need to start understanding that not every single wrestler on the planet wants to work for the WWE.

· FEED ME LESS!
3,857 Posts
You serious? The guy is one of, if not the best, wrestler of all time.

Nice to see the WWE marks out in force in this thread.

I think some of you need to start understanding that not every single wrestler on the planet wants to work for the WWE.

we do understand that, doesnt mean we have to want angle back. Im sick of taking guys tha are WAY past their prime and putting em back in the ME thats just stupid.

· Registered
484 Posts
I'd love Angle back in WWE, I hope Lady Croft is right on this one.

· Banned
4,205 Posts
we do understand that, doesnt mean we have to want angle back. Im sick of taking guys tha are WAY past their prime and putting em back in the ME thats just stupid.
Angle at his current age, is still better than 99% of the WWE roster, and can still put on better matches than most.

Go watch Angle/Anderson or Angle/AJ or Angle/Joe/AJ from 2010 and tell me he is past his prime.

Angle is a wrestling machine, the guy is still incredible.

Its just a shame many of the deluded WWE marks on here now refuse to accept this, simply because he DARED to leave WWE and join a company where he isnt on the road for 200+ days a year.

· Registered
7,589 Posts
I also remember Hulk Hogan retiring in 1992 and never returning, Shawn Michaels injured and never being able to wrestle again, Mick Foley retiring in 2000 because his body couldn't go through anymore, Bret Hart never returning to WWE ever again, Eric Bischoff and Paul Heyman never going to work for Vince McMahon and also Ric Flair retiring from wrestling and never joining TNA. My point is that just because a wrestler says something it doesn't mean that it is the gospel as i think everyone including myself has learnt to never say never when it comes to the wrestling industry.

For the most part i hope that Kurt Angle stays in TNA for the simple reason that he is probably the best all round in ring performer in the game today and is the single biggest thing to have ever happened to TNA, for me Kurt Angle leaving TNA would be the biggest blow to the company could recieve. For the wrestling industry to go through another sustained boom period it needs TNA to become a rival to WWE and that means that TNA desperately need to keep Kurt Angle in the company so they should offer him whatever he wants to stay.

The selfish part of me would love to see Kurt Angle in WWE on a part time schedule as i would love to see Kurt Angle at WrestleMania against The Undertaker next year so that The Undertaker can go for 20-0 against someone who could carry his fragile body through to a great match. I would also love to see Kurt Angle against John Cena at a WrestleMania as well because i believe those two probably have the best chemistry of anyone John Cena has ever worked with outside of Edge and it could be epic.

Unfortunately as seen last time round Vince McMahon will not allow Kurt Angle to work a part time schedule, last time round Kurt Angle was falling apart physically and mentally but still couldn't get Vince McMahon to agree to the schedule so it is even less likely now that he is better. If i was Kurt Angle i would ask TNA for the same money that he is currently on but a schedule where he wrestles at PPV's and very few Impact's so that when he wrestles on PPV the match quality will be of a great standard, i would also ask to be involved with the booking and creative side of the company as he surely can't be worse than Vince Russo is doing.

· Registered
183 Posts
From what I've seen in comments from Angle he is obviously happy in TNA, if he want to retire there then I'm perfectly fine with it and really struggle to see how anyone can have a sensible issue with it.

That being said (happy to be corrected on this one) I don't recall a "retirement" that has actually lasted.

If TNA offer Angle a backstage job after his in ring retirement that he's happy with I can see him not returning to the WWE. If Angle retires and leaves TNA all together then I suspect in 3/4 years time he'll return to WWE for a couple months and leave with a huge pay cheque.

· Registered
3,940 Posts
Angle at his current age, is still better than 99% of the WWE roster, and can still put on better matches than most.

Go watch Angle/Anderson or Angle/AJ or Angle/Joe/AJ from 2010 and tell me he is past his prime.

Its just a shame many of the deluded WWE marks on here now refuse to accept this, simply because he DARED to leave WWE and join a company where he isnt on the road for 200+ days a year.
Honestly change the fucking record and at least come up with something original to say than just calling WWE marks deluded.

If anything I'd say you're deluded as he is no where near as good as he was 10 years ago.

· Registered
4,017 Posts

keep flaming =)

ok now onto the topic...

though i respect his decision, i would never say never in wrestling, 3 years ago flair said he wouldn't wrestle anymore, little did he know his ex wives would screw him over and force him out of retirement, bret hart said he would never be in wwe again, 12 years later, he's back and managed to settle down his differences with the company

· Registered
23,570 Posts
We've heard this before from other stars of the past and they've gone back on their word and worked for Vince, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kurt back in the WWE at some point.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.