Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know if anything other than a wrestling related death could bum me out as much as seeing Kurt Angle's 5 O Clock shadow and spaghetti arms holding up the heavyweight belt.

When you look at his track record from 2007 onwards he's gone down in flames. It is so depressing to see him dealing with neck and back injuries, alcohol and drug abuse and mental breakdown and still be on television.

He's going to go psychotic, wrap his car around a telephone pole or drop dead in the ring one of these days. He's rotting his brain, wrecking his body and wasting away. WWE ought to march him into a rehab facility.

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
I know he's trying to lose weight for the Olympics (actually I think he just stopped using steroids), but he looks horrible like that. A year ago my mother saw an episode of Impact and thought he had cancer.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Completely agree.

Angle looks so unwell that it heavily detracts from everything he does. He's just really hard to watch. When you see Angle climb up to the top turnbuckle, with his glazed over crazy eyes and gangly limbs, does anyone really think "Oh shit, here comes a cool spot!"? Personally, I just shake my head, I think "Stop doing this shit, you look like you belong in a hospital."

I have no clue how anyone can be enjoying Kurt Angle right now.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
I can't lie, Kurt looks ill. I don't watch TNA so I hadn't seen him in a good while. Then one night I stumbled across Impact on TV and there he was. Talk about a reality check. He hasn't aged well at all imo. His face looks incredibly gaunt and when he took a bump I couldn't help but think it was going straight to his brain. It's sad to think that I wouldn't be surprised at all to log and find out he was dead. I sincerely hope he doesn't end up a statistic but I don't think it would shock me tbh.

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
He does look sickly out there... I aint gonna lie. He's just not the same Kurt I used to love.

·
Registered
12,415 Posts
What???? Angle is fine, he is losing weight training for the Olympics.

Good to know he looks sickly in order to chase a pipe dream.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
He looks awful. Watching him now is depressing, and pretty scary. He doesn't look like he's all there anymore, and on top of the weight loss thing, he just looks weak and tired. He needs to just hang it up, it's sad at this point.

·
Banned
302 Posts
What???? Angle is fine, he is losing weight training for the Olympics.
This, he's skinnier now and lost muscle mass due to him being in the movie Warrior as well as preparing for the Olympics. He normally is pretty muscular looking and that's why when you see him now you call him "sickly". He's probably the most healthiest and happiest he's ever been too.

·
Banned
302 Posts
Kurt a while back, still with the WWE:

Kurt now:

There was bound to be some loss in weight/muscle, but damn.
1. The first pic he had been abusing steroids for years.

2. In the second pic, He had to lose weight and muscle mass for the movie Warrior as well as to train for the Olympics.

In fact he's more healthier in the second picture, because he quit abusing dangerous steroids and painkillers he took in his WWE days.

·
Registered
279 Posts
He still looks in great shape to me, he just cut a lot of muscle mass. He still looks fit, he's just more lean now. Nothing wrong with that.

·
You want it all but you can't have it.
2,986 Posts
1. The first pic he had been abusing steroids for years.

2. In the second pic, He had to lose weight and muscle mass for the movie Warrior as well as to train for the Olympics.

In fact he's more healthier in the second picture, because he quit abusing dangerous steroids and painkillers he took in his WWE days.
1. I know.
2. I know.

It was just a comparison, showing how much he's changed.

The fact that he could be off the drugs is great. But he isn't healthier. The injuries are really piling up now, he has to cut back in the ring or one day we'll have a tragedy in that ring.

·
Registered
458 Posts
1. I know.
2. I know.

It was just a comparison, showing how much he's changed.

The fact that he could be off the drugs is great. But he isn't healthier. The injuries are really piling up now, he has to cut back in the ring or one day we'll have a tragedy in that ring.
I'm sure he knows his body better than you do and he'll stop when he's ready. Plus i'd say it is far healthier not to pump your body full of dangerous chemicals.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Weird.
Kurt Angle denies to have ever used steriods (without a doctor's prescription), yet his fans are now are using steriods as the explanation why he is loosing so much weight. That means Kurt must have lied, but that cant be because the same people who now say he did use drugs are the same people who called him reliable and not a druggy less than a month ago. I'm confused.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts