Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sting was my favorite wrestler for years...... but im so tired of seeing his tired gimmick and him having the SAME match every time.

ive never liked kurt angle EVER only when he was in the mainevent mafia

the mainevent needs to be like THIS

Bully Ray heel - Austin Aries neutral like Stone Cold Steve Austin - Bobby Roode - James Storm - Crack Hardy since hes so popular

PLEASE YALL TAKE ANDERSON, ANGLE AND STING OFF MY TV

for the love of God make it stop!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Sting was my favorite wrestler for years...... but im so tired of seeing his tired gimmick and him having the SAME match every time.

ive never liked kurt angle EVER only when he was in the mainevent mafia

the mainevent needs to be like THIS

Bully Ray heel - Austin Aries neutral like Stone Cold Steve Austin - Bobby Roode - James Storm - Crack Hardy since hes so popular

PLEASE YALL TAKE ANDERSON, ANGLE AND STING OFF MY TV

for the love of God make it stop!
i agree 100% but angle is still a good wrestler at least. sting is an overrated piece of shit who needs to retire and mr anderson is rvd 2.0

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
sting and angle arent the problem. they actually very beneficial and loyal to tna and deserve what they get.

real problem is dixie who dont know dick bout wrestling and thinks anything hogan and bischoff say should happen. thats why guys like garrett and robbie e are around and why signings like king mo and brooke hogan have happened insted of real wrestling talent being signed.

also, im gettin a little frustrated with the pritchard era. maybe hes not the solution. theres been a lot of good things, but other then the main event scene, nothing is really worth a damn.

·
Registered
436 Posts
TNA sucks with or without having Sting and Angle around.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
From a personal point of view I can see why the OP would say this. But both guys are hard workers and bleed TNA.

I am sort of tired of them both though.

Sting is undoubtedly good for the company and can still go in the ring. But I'd like to see him relegated to a more "occasional" role. I liked his GM run but since that's over they should just use him to wrestle at PPVs and special events. And he should never have the strap again.

I'd like to see Angle take a break (just because I'm a bit tired of him and I think he needs the break to rest and recuperate). Angle is the sort of guy who shouldn't be on TV unless he's actually in a storyline. Having him come out just to fight a midcard match against Hardy or Anderson, just because it's that time of the month, doesn't really do anyone any favours.

I like both guys, but both need to be used more conservatively - Angle is still great but at this point they would get more from him if they used him less.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I can agree on Sting because he past his prime over ten years ago. But Angle is a way different story, he always delivers in the ring and is beneficial to the roster.
Plus he doesn't mind putting over younger talent, with Sting i have more of a feeling that he's a glory hound that can't say goodbye to the ring.

·
Premium Member
44,393 Posts
I disagree with that. Angle is a great worker and contributes well in the ring, while Sting's ability on the mic contributes to the TV shows in a great way.

·
Registered
11,725 Posts
Sting is not worth no damn $500,000 when he don't even go on the road.

TNA don't need these guys anymore. The fact Sting main eventing Slammiversary is laughable, they should of saved Styles vs. Roode for the main event since Styles is Mr. TNA.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
This is like saying WWE sucks for having taker and jericho or ROH sucks for using finlay and lance storm.

Sure they aren't what they used to be but that doesn't mean they can't make a solid match and put someone over.

·
Banned
2,408 Posts
Cut 'em? Maybe not.

Reduce their time, better idea. They should be used sparingly. Both are well past their prime and should putting the next gen over. That hasn't happened in Angle's case (though the blame likely goes to booking). And Sting... Yeah, he's much worse. I know I'm not the only one who's noticed Sting almost alwats gets a WHC title shot (and more often than not, winning it) within a month of signing a new contract with TNA.

If they can take a reduced role and actually help build new stars, keep 'em. If not, cut them.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
This is like saying WWE sucks for having taker and jericho or ROH sucks for using finlay and lance storm.

Sure they aren't what they used to be but that doesn't mean they can't make a solid match and put someone over.
how could you compare taker to sting ? taker comes back for a month before wrestlemania to wrestle 1 match a year at wrestlemania...sting comes back and is constantly placed in main events, being given world title shots and getting runs as world champion. plus, taker is a hell of a lot better then sting in the ring .

and the reason why sting is so " over " is because he always gets royal treatment from tna even though he clearly doesnt deserve it. he is booked as the strongest guy on the roster and its not even close. he is just getting in the way of other guys stepping up and taking his place because he just refuses to retire even though his in ring skills are below average and hes 53 years old already

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Angle is awesome and amazing. Hulk just needs to be off TV. He is irrelevant in 2012.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
People say Cena need to take 3 months off the same goes for Kurt Angle, Sting, RVD, and AJ Styles so TNA can come up with something fresh

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
how could you compare taker to sting ? taker comes back for a month before wrestlemania to wrestle 1 match a year at wrestlemania...sting comes back and is constantly placed in main events, being given world title shots and getting runs as world champion. plus, taker is a hell of a lot better then sting in the ring .

and the reason why sting is so " over " is because he always gets royal treatment from tna even though he clearly doesnt deserve it. he is booked as the strongest guy on the roster and its not even close. he is just getting in the way of other guys stepping up and taking his place because he just refuses to retire even though his in ring skills are below average and hes 53 years old already
Batista vs The Undertaker WM23
Edge vs The Undertaker WM24

Both come are known for coming around BFG/WM and shit on the current world champion plus I might be the only one to have the balls to say this but both Sting and Taker are stale as fuck.

And if taker isn't also booked to be the strongest guy after on one RAW cleaning a entire roster I don't know what to call it. Maybe the only possible match for next WM is cena vs taker since kayfabe wise no one is at the deadman's level.

With that being said I still enjoy watching them wrestle for nostalgia reasons. I like the undertaker more because now he isn't shoved down our throats like he used to be back on 05-07 when he died 3 times a year and also because I'm a WWF mark.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The more Sting the better. I love seeing idiots like the OP freak out that a legend of the sport is still more popular than whatever indy guy he wishes could have a tenth of the success Sting has had.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts