Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
He talked at the time how he wanted a title run. It was a terrible idea then and is still a terrible idea now. No one wants to see these guys from the Attitude Era in their late 40s win world titles. And they wonder why WWE is stuck in this giant time warp

Plenty of people put him over when he was younger. Hulk Hogan actually tapped out for him. It's more than fine that he was expected to do the same

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,280 Posts
On some level, I sympathize with Kurt Angle. He probably had his own vision of how he wanted his career to end. On the other hand, I can see why WWE might be hesitant about using Angle. They at least allowed him to come back and finish off his career in WWE. That's about as good as he could have hoped for I think.

·
Registered
802 Posts
He was probably imagining matches against seth rollins, ai styles, chad gable and daniel bryan and got stuck with corbin!

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
No sh**.

What exactly was he expecting? That he would get an Undertaker style booking? Please.

The only reason why he won his return WM match was because he was tagging with Ronda. Had it been a singles match against Triple HGH, he would have been jobbed there too.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Can’t blame wwe here. Guy left during his prime and came back looking and wrestling like a shadow of himself .

He couldn’t even stand properly , looked like he was in pain even walking .

He can’t expect to get strong booking beating younger guys even someone like Corbin.

I was a big fan of Kurt before he left but we have to be real here. Someone like Goldberg who at least came back in great physical shape looking like he can kick ass is not the same as someone who comes back, stumbles his words and can’t even stand straight .

·
Registered
398 Posts
He was probably imagining matches against seth rollins, ai styles, chad gable and daniel bryan and got stuck with corbin!
Dude, he can't keep up with those guys anymore, i'm not breaking any new grounds here, especially that reckless moron Rollins who would've probably paralyzed him for real.

Inviato dal mio ASUS_X00PD utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
802 Posts
Dude, he can't keep up with those guys anymore, i'm not breaking any new grounds here, especially that reckless moron Rollins who would've probably paralyzed him for real.

Inviato dal mio ASUS_X00PD utilizzando Tapatalk
Totally agree and in his prime, them matches would all have been good to epic and i cant say im not disappointed we didnt get prime angle vs daniel bryan. But he was a shell of his former self and even in tag match he was weakest part even including stephanie

·
Southern Pride
3,538 Posts
The only thing that I question with the use of Kurt Angle during his last WWE run was having Corbin be his last opponent. What did Corbin do after? Lose to Rollins and others. It's not like Corbin beating a guy that is past his prime boosted him either. McIntyre had already beaten Angle by using the ankle lock, if I remember right. So their was nothing for Corbin to get from Kurt Angle. They should have gone with Angle vs. Cena as a "feel good" last match.

Besides that, Angle was clearly slower in the ring than he used to be. I can understand WWE not doing more with Angle in the ring.

Didn't he have a match with Chad Gable and Gable totally was moving faster than him? Angle in his prime would have been able to keep up.

Reactions: Firefromthegods
1 - 20 of 32 Posts