Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.examiner.com/wwe-in-national/wwe-reportedly-planning-for-sheamus-to-win-king-of-the-ring

Next week on WWE Monday Night Raw, the King of the Ring tournament returns on a three-hour special live broadcast.

WWE Raw superstars who have already qualified for the tournament include: Sheamus, John Morrison, Ezekiel Jackson, and Daniel Bryan.

If you don't care to know who wins on WWE SmackDown this week, now would be a good time to stop reading.

WWE SmackDown superstars who similarly qualify for next week's King of The Ring tournament include: Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre, Kofi Kingston, and Alberto Del Rio.

At present, sources indicate that WWE is leaning toward having Sheamus win the crown in order to begin a "King Sheamus" gimmick that will culminate in a resumed feud with the "King of Kings," Triple H - who will soon return to competition after being on the injured list.

·
4X Efed World Champion
676 Posts
There's already been a "King" storyline....King Booker...and it SUCKED!

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trust me, I wouldn't be the biggest fan of Sheamus winning KOTR, as there are plenty of other guys that deserve the win. But if the source is legit, it would work for Triple H's return in December / January.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
He doesn't need it. The KOTR should be used to elevate new stars. Not push someone who's already been WWE champion twice. They could quite easily bring back Triple H another way and have someone else win.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
I'm a big fan of Sheamus and I wouldn't have a problem with him winning but I think WWE should be using KOTR for someone to be elevated rather than a 2 time WWE champion.

It justs sounds like vintage dirt sheet speculation anyway.

·
Registered
451 Posts
What a waste. Why the hell do they need to give Sheamus the KoTR just to get his ass kicked by Triple H, the story is ALREADY there. Sheamus ruined Triple H's career= a grudge match at Wrestlemania or something. Not only that, why would Sheamus need it? Hes already established.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I do think Sheamus is the obvious winner from a Raw point of view, but I personally would like Cody to win it....give him the push he should have had when he got traded.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9,500 Posts
So how would anyone else not benefit from it?

As far as I'm concerned Sheamus has secured his place as an established main eventer for years to come, he definitely doesn't need it especially with a guaranteed feud with HHH around the corner.

Any midcarder could easily get elevated by winning KOTR.
Think you might have read my post wrong?

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I still think Morrison takes it.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
So how would anyone else not benefit from it?

As far as I'm concerned Sheamus has secured his place as an established main eventer for years to come, he definitely doesn't need it especially with a guaranteed feud with HHH around the corner.

Any midcarder could easily get elevated by winning KOTR.
I think you misread his post because you both seem to agree, as do I. What we're all saying is that everyone currently in the tournament would benefit far more than Sheamus who simply doesn't need it with 2 world title reigns under his belt and the resumption of the Triple H feud.

If I were booking it I'd give it to Bryan but that's the mark in me speaking, I'm not sure it's the best decision, especially since he already has the US title and is doing a decent job elevating it. I wouldn't give it Swagger because that's just one more thing he'd have in common with Kurt Angle. I wouldn't give it to Zeke because he's just a big man who I can't see staying over once he loses to a couple of main-eventers and loses his air of invincibility. Cody's a long way away from the kind of push that would result from winning KOTR, same goes for Drew.

Del Rio would be a good King but, since the last 3 winners were all heels (I'm not sure about Booker, his king gimmick was obviously heel but I don't remember whether he was a heel before that, either way, he had a heel reign) so I'd like a face to get it this time. Since I don't want it to be Morrison that leaves just one guy, Kofi Kingston.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I want Del Rio to win it but it's inevitable that Rey is going to cost him one of his matches. I'd be alright with Sheamus or Morrison.

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
If I were convinced that he'd be capable of bringing his mic skills up to par, I'd say that Drew McIntyre would benefit the most from the KOTR victory. In reality, WWE seems to be really high on the guy, and I think his in-ring skills are great for a brute force style of heel. He definately works the WWE style well enough.

Of course, the same can be said for Sheamus. They practically work the same style. But, if it's a matter of who would benefit the most at this point, then it'd be Drew. I'm certainly a bigger fan of Sheamus, but that doesn't change the fact that they seem to want to push Drew as well.

Sheamus has been WWE Champion twice now. He's got a ready-made feud with Triple H just waiting to happen. All he needs is some emphasis, not necessarily a tournament win.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Good. Enough working with Santino get back to murdering people with your face!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Although I like the idea of King Sheamus, because it irks me how WWE won't use "O' Shaunessey" so he's left weirdly without a surname. "King Sheamus" would mean that that wouldn't matter.

However, I really, really think JoMo or ADR should win this. Sheamus doesn't need it.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts