Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big Japan Wrestling announced yesterday that 19 year old rookie Kota Sekifuda would be heading to the United States to tour and gain experience over the next several months, specifically mentioning that he would be wrestling for TNA Wrestling!

Birth: June 24th, 1995
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 170 lbs.
Background: Big Japan Dojo
Debut: August 6th, 2014
Promotion History: BJW - Big Japan Wrestling (2014 to present)
Trademark holds: Top Rope Missile Kick, Different varieties of suplexes

Attachments

·
HEADBANGA
25,277 Posts
So they will either treat him seroiusly in the first few months and then turn into a parody of his mentor (Seiyu Senada) or turn in a joke like Kato (Okada)? :draper2

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
Poor sod

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
He's very very young.
He will lose 70% of his matches to gain experience and learn.
If it will be good to learn quickly, begin to focus on him for a few storylines.

Sanada was boring and anonymous.
The Great Sanada was boring and anonymous.
That wrestler isn't suitable for Television US Wrestling.

I am glad that he has been fired.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
or turn in a joke like Kato (Okada)? :draper2
Then he was fired, and he turns in the Pope's parody steeling from TNA, for main eventing NJPW? Okada was shit.

The only good japanese wrestler in TNA was Hiroshi Tanahashi.

This guy (Kota Sekifuda), he will be there just to improve wrestling, english language and mic skill for 5/6 months.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
He'll just be a jobber in the x division.

·
Banned
3,375 Posts
Big Japan Wrestling announced yesterday that 19 year old rookie Kota Sekifuda would be heading to the United States to tour and gain experience over the next several months, specifically mentioning that he would be wrestling for TNA Wrestling!

Birth: June 24th, 1995
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 170 lbs.
Background: Big Japan Dojo
Debut: August 6th, 2014
Promotion History: BJW - Big Japan Wrestling (2014 to present)
Trademark holds: Top Rope Missile Kick, Different varieties of suplexes
I reckon dave lagana will make him a japan star just like he did for okato in the past.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Then he was fired, and he turns in the Pope's parody steeling from TNA, for main eventing NJPW? Okada was shit.

This guy (Kota Sekifuda), he will be there just to improve wrestling, english language and mic skill for 5/6 months.
The Pope and Okada are two different characters. Okada is never talking about pimping or anything like. His promos are about evolving wrestling and being the next of evolution of a wrestler beyond everyone else. He is cocky and doesn't take his opponents seriously. One of his tag lines is "it was nice working with you."

Okada is the top star in NJPW.

TNA has no idea how to use foreign talents. They never even bothered to see how late nwa and early wcw accomplished getting Muta, Chono, and Fujinami over.

·
Banned
3,375 Posts

I agree, before tna okada was a vanilla midget who had no character and after tna he stole popes gimmick and got over with the japs just like the bullet club stealing DX/NWO'S mannerisms.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
Even Rey is taller than that or at least he's billed as taller.
Yea he is billed taller. Which I thought about Kota after I posted before. If 5'5" is his real height than you can think of him as about 5'8" or 5'9". Still a bit small but we do not have as many giants like we did in the past.

·
Registered
9,730 Posts
Good for him. Experience and some TV exposure.

I reckon dave lagana will make him a japan star just like he did for okato in the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpb6TPJYI00
2011's writing team - Russo/Conway. Lagana is either working or about to start working for the Rink Ka King project.

So they will either treat him seroiusly in the first few months and then turn into a parody of his mentor (Seiyu Senada) or turn in a joke like Kato (Okada)? :draper2
Sounds better than Takaaki Watanabe's ROH "run".

1 - 20 of 28 Posts