i said i would participate in well-thought out threads

which this obvs is

also, i lie… like a lot

Also also, don’t you mean ‘lol, Kota… who is that? Lolololll’

·
Registered
*coin drop*
13,191 Posts
He might just mean as a New Japan representative. AEW tried to sign him when they formed, but he wanted to stay in Japan. I'm not sure he'd fancy moving full-time as he lives quite a lifestyle in Japan (he's off wealthy parents). It'd be great to see him in the AEW ring though. He also said he wants to face Hangman Page.

The All In main event was the Golden Elite (Kota and the Bucks) vs. Rey Mysterio, Rey Fenix and Bandido. That's as close as we've gotten to Kota in AEW.

·
Registered
25,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He might just mean as a New Japan representative. AEW tried to sign him when they formed, but he wanted to stay in Japan. I'm not sure he'd fancy moving full-time as he lives quite a lifestyle in Japan (he's off wealthy parents). It'd be great to see him in the AEW ring though. He also said he wants to face Hangman Page.
definitely not full time. I think those days are past

but as a series with Golden Lovers and then vs Kenny? Hell yeah

·
rasslin
12,938 Posts
i said i would participate in well-thought out threads

which this obvs is

also, i lie… like a lot

Also also, don’t you mean ‘lol, Kota… who is that? Lolololll’
I'm too heartbroken to even think about the contents of this thread.

To see you pull a terry funk just a day later is DISGUSTING.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

·
Registered
25,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He is like Ric Flair. He will wrestle in this section till the day he dies.

On Topic: Cool the inventor of Go to sleep will be coming to AEW. Have him face Cm Punk for a nice sleep over.
please stay on topic, try not to confuse your Japanese wrestlers or…. Meet me in Rants

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
  • Sad
Reactions: Whoanma

·
Registered
The Archbishop of Banterbury
5,766 Posts
This is a hiring that I'd love to see, especially given the history with Kenny and the Elite. The critics will most certainly be offended and will claim that they've never heard of him, but it's okay because Roman Reigns might appear on Smackdown this week to cheer them up.

·
Registered
*coin drop*
13,191 Posts
@bdon

Nah, he's finally progressing with his recovery and has smoothed over his relationship with New Japan. He's not rushing but he'll be back and he'll make some appearances in AEW I think. He promised someone he'd make three appearances in AEW and mentioned 'Lovers' (Golden Lovers with Kenny).

·
Baby It's Violence
10,885 Posts
Ibushi right now is kind of all over the place with his twitter so I don't know how much I believe him, or the translation, and currently has a major shoulder injury he's been trying to rehab for a long time (but apparently has finally been improving). @3venflow mentioned the relationship with NJPW and how it was rocky due to him being asked to work with serious injuries and other disagreements on both sides of the aisle, I think a ton of the frustration there and with his injury probably dismayed him a ton.

But I think he'll probably be wrestling in due time with NJPW, and most likely could appear with AEW like other NJPW guys did in due time.

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
that is Kota speaking right there

how is he done?

or do you mean mentally / reputation?
And Kota has been off his fucking rocker the last 6 months or so. His injuries have not been healing the way they should and just a few weeks ago, he sounded finished - as in his health was not going to allow him to return.

We’ll see, though. Could be just Kenny and Kota going truly meta storytelling, creating a narrative that their two prospective companies couldn’t afford to let them recover, nearly forcing them into early retirement.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts