Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Rich Swann is far from the biggest star Impact have bro. Like hes probably lucky to be in the top 10 on that front.
Ok i wrote it bad
Company thinks he is the biggest star im pretty sure they counting on his WWE background
and long career ofc biggest are still Edwards and Callihan but theese two absoloutly dont need any title
they are better without title pursuit its way better they can work with any talent in any direction.
Sorry i see how clumsy are my senteces look english is not my first language im tring my best :D

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I see your point also, but I'd be more comfortable being for it if they actually treated the X title more like AEW treat the TNT title.

Meaning literally all manner of competitors physically competing for it - if youre good enough, no singular focus on one style/size of wrestler like TNA/Impact have done with the X title the majority of its existence. Its very half assed. How many times are they gonna recycle the 'big guy trashing the small guys' thing?

I'd still always prefer Impact to have a TV title though, I just think its such an awesome concept and can really be used well to build guys. Impact I feel always have lacked giving shine to their mid card. Less ambiguity, less confusion. Clear defined divisions.

But yeah we totally derailed this thread lmao.

I love the KO tag titles as an idea, I'm all for KO tag titles.. but only if theres an actual clear plan for the division. This seems similar to what they did when they introduced them for the first time.. and it fizzled out the first time quickly because they didnt know what to do with them and had a serious lack of womens tag teams.

If Havok and Neveah are a team now, they need a team name. They have one genuine tag team there and theyre the champs.

I'll hold off shitting on it completely as its early days and for all I know they do have a few more genuine womens tag teams in the wings.
Yea i get what you mean about the TNT comparison and get that you'd prefer a clean slate like with that belt rather then one with preserved set style/limitations that the x-division now has. Only toke a dozen messages to realise that lol.

But yea we derailed this one, i thought we where in the Xdivision tread that @Bad News Russ started lol Sorry dude.

Back on topic: I actually 100% agree with what you said about the KO tag belts. I hope they've learned from the past and they don't just fizzle out, or god forbid EY and Deaner win them again! Hopefully they do have teams waiting to bring in otherwise it gone see like a panic move to beating AEW to intruding tag belts for the women.

Also glad it not just me that thinks official tag teams should a tag name and not go by there singles names. Hopefully Havok and Neveah sort that out soon.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yea i get what you mean about the TNT comparison and get that you'd prefer a clean slate like with that belt rather then one with preserved set style/limitations that the x-division now has. Only toke a dozen messages to realise that lol.

But yea we derailed this one, i thought we where in the Xdivision tread that @Bad News Russ started lol Sorry dude.

Back on topic: I actually 100% agree with what you said about the KO tag belts. I hope they've learned from the past and they don't just fizzle out, or god forbid EY and Deaner win them again! Hopefully they do have teams waiting to bring in otherwise it gone see like a panic move to beating AEW to intruding tag belts for the women.

Also glad it not just me that thinks official tag teams should a tag name and not go by there singles names. Hopefully Havok and Neveah sort that out soon.
Its ok if its frinedly discussion i have no problem about changing topic :D
But i am so scarfed that its only matter of time that Swinger and Bravo gonna challange for titles cuz who else
KO division is weak at this moment and they intruduce KO tag titles...

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Its ok if its frinedly discussion i have no problem about changing topic :D
But i am so scarfed that its only matter of time that Swinger and Bravo gonna challange for titles cuz who else
KO division is weak at this moment and they intruduce KO tag titles...
Lmao to be fair Swinger has been entertaining and if anyone could make that work... I'm kidding. It was strange time to reintroduce the tag team belts, I'm hoping that's because they do have a plan for them and to strengthen the KO division as whole, guess with Taya gone they could afford to bring in some indy girls and see if any catch on. Or talent trade with AEW. Just gone make the company look silly if the belts fizzle out in 6 month which is what i want them to avoid.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Regarding X Division title, yes it's about no weight limit but it is meant to be about No Limit style i.e high flying, cruiserweight style except when they have a heel want to go against the style like Doug Williams OR Abyss. Cage and Joe fitted in the x division style as they have high flying moveset eventhough they are hevayweights. From current crop, Brian Myers and Moose could be heels who bend the no limit rule to have a reign vs X Division roster.

Anywways back on topic, Fire n Flava are perfect for new tag champions and having a feud with Havoc & Neveah will help until they adds some more teams. Talent exchange with AEW would help hear as you can then instantly add Anna Jay & Tay Conti (Dark Order) and then team Diamanté & Iveliasse. With Impact roster, wouldn't surprise me if they end up teaming Tenille and Rosemary as an odd couple or even an Impact+ title defence. But Rosemary would be better long term to team with Su Yung or Susie with decay adding a new female or even Allie or Abadon from AEW.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts