1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im loosing my mind when i realize we got new tag team knockout titles
but we have only 2 teams...
If i think about it.
Deaonna and Jordynne are only good knockouts now in Impact Jazz is really old for have long good matches.
and rest of Knockout division is kind a meh nothing special
And Impact intruduce a tag titles...
I have no idea who is gonna be challanging for tag titles
we now have Havok and Neveah and current champions Kierra and Tasha
and tbh Neveah is getting better but still its Neveah she is a bit boring in ring
Havok is getting better and better but still its kind a too late...
i tottaly lost my hope for tag division after this week celebration segment wtf was that.
Its only about a time that Swinnger will challange for titles somehow maybe with Bravo
Cuz we have no contenders for tag title.
And if i think about Knockout title same problem
Jordynne is still great choice but stillit will get repetetive so no challanger for Deonna
I cant stand Rosemarry for past weeks she seem to me so boring i like her i really like her but her in ring work is really boring to watch im really happy Decay is back cuz Steve is so underrated i love him he is great.
What do u think guys ?
(Sry for bad english its not my first language) :D

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I disagree with the notion that there are only two good knockouts, but Impact's booking of the last months indeed makes the roster look bad. While their knockouts division is what makes the promotion stand out, they have made it an afterthought now.

The one right decision was imo Kiera&Tasha as tag title winner, but the tournament wasn't good and it obviously continued worse with the festival. Deonna's booking is very predictable, especially with her having an entourage, so that they can always take the losses and beatings for some usual 50/50 booking, while she herself wins. And her face opponents are presented as lame fools instead of like people that should be rooted to win.

And outside the title challenge they obviously have no idea and just do whatever. Tenille and Rosemary are not in the Deonna story? Let them have 3 weeks in a row a match vs each other without any story or real feud. Don't think they even cared to give a kayfabe reason for the rematches. Incredible lazy booking. I like Tenille + Kaleb's work with the hipster gimmick though, it's nowadays rare to see an actual intended uncool gimmick to assist their face opponents (instead of most heels trying to come as faces with edginess, which results in the faces being buried). Not the gimmick to be the top guys, but the best chance to produce the next face star against them, if they would get some wins before and an actual program.

·
Registered
440 Posts
They dont have many established teams.

Im glad they gave hogan and steelz an actual team name. Youre not a real tag team unless you have a team name.

But they have plenty of Knockouts.

I liked the look of the Sea Stars that worked a couple of matches for Impact recently.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Unless they are planning on bringing in some of the tag teams they had through the tournament and expanding the talent pool then adding the KO tag team belts was a bad idea, they got scrapped last time due to a lack of teams to challenge for them and the interest in them died quickly. I hope this can be avoid this time round but way things are with covid i can't see them hiring enough teams to make it interesting division. Unless of course AEW lend some their talent, in witch case it opens to so interesting match ups (Diamante and Ivelisse vs Fire N Flava a match i can see happening sooner rather then later).

·
Registered
440 Posts
Unless they are planning on bringing in some of the tag teams they had through the tournament and expanding the talent pool then adding the KO tag team belts was a bad idea, they got scrapped last time due to a lack of teams to challenge for them and the interest in them died quickly. I hope this can be avoid this time round but way things are with covid i can't see them hiring enough teams to make it interesting division. Unless of course AEW lend some their talent, in witch case it opens to so interesting match ups (Diamante and Ivelisse vs Fire N Flava a match i can see happening sooner rather then later).
Its still fucking bizarre to me how stubborn Impact have always been about not having a real mid card title. I dont think they realise it would actually help then retain talent when a decent amount of the roster is mid card.

KO tag titles but no Mid Card title, makes absolutely 0 sense.

Yet we have toothpicks that get thrown into the world title picture without any real build or reason to get behind them. Because they havent worked their way up properly due to a lack of mid card title!

Cousin Jake
Madman Fulton
Matt Cardona
Bryan Myers
Heath
Hernandez
Joe Doering
Josh Alexander

They have a mid card right there waiting for it. Someone give me Don Callis' email address..

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Its still fucking bizarre to me how stubborn Impact have always been about not having a real mid card title. I dont think they realise it would actually help then retain talent when a decent amount of the roster is mid card.

Yet we have toothpicks that get thrown into the world title picture without any real build or reason to get behind them. Because they havent worked their way up properly due to a lack of mid card title!

Cousin Jake
Madman Fulton
Matt Cardona
Bryan Myers
Heath
Hernandez
Joe Doering
Josh Alexander

They have a mid card right there waiting for it. Someone give me Don Callis' email address..
I get what you mean but the X-division should use the old moniker "It's not about weight limits, it's about no limits" and be that mid card title, used to build up guys for the main event. That's why, imo, Austin Aries worked when he started to compete in the heavyweight title was because he had been built up and booked strong so it made logical sense, but it failed when they did the same with Sabin as he was suddenly in the heavyweight division for no reason beside Option C (part of why i hated that gimmick).

·
Registered
440 Posts
I get what you mean but the X-division should use the old moniker "It's not about weight limits, it's about no limits" and be that mid card title, used to build up guys for the main event. That's why, imo, Austin Aries worked when he started to compete in the heavyweight title was because he had been built up and booked strong so it made logical sense, but it failed when they did the same with Sabin as he was suddenly in the heavyweight division for no reason beside Option C (part of why i hated that gimmick).
The X Division was never anything more than Cruiserweight title they lazily try to use as a mid card title because they dont have one.

Nobody watches the X Division for bigger slower guys or guys that dont do alot of athletic, agile high flying stuff.

Its how it made its name, its what people remember it for.

Its a terrible idea to cheapen it by using it as a make shift mid card title when they see fit. It ruins the integrity of the championship.

AEW did it right with their TNT title. Its treated with prestige.

WCW did it best with their US title, and rotated newer mid card guys and established main eventers as champs.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
The X Division was never anything more than Cruiserweight title they lazily try to use as a mid card title because they dont have one.

Nobody watches the X Division for bigger slower guys or guys that dont do alot of athletic, agile high flying stuff.

Its how it made its name, its what people remember it for.

Its a terrible idea to cheapen it by using it as a make shift mid card title when they see fit. It ruins the integrity of the championship.

AEW did it right with their TNT title. Its treated with prestige.

WCW did it best with their US title, and rotated newer mid card guys and established main eventers as champs.
Couldn't disagree more with you, there's been plenty of mat based and slower guys who have held the belt and done well, plus it built up talent for the heavy weight division for years (Aries, Aj, Samoa Joe, Swann etc) just like the WCW US title did. How would doing anything i say cheapen it? Or how is it any different to midcard titles in any company for that matter? The idea of midcard is to build up talent, i highly doubt any talent gone stay in Impact just because you offer them a midcard belt. Also what cheapens belts in the first place is by having a dozen "Champions" about, way Impact has it at the moment is the right amount of belts.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Couldn't disagree more with you, there's been plenty of mat based and slower guys who have held the belt and done well, plus it built up talent for the heavy weight division for years (Aries, Aj, Samoa Joe, Swann etc) just like the WCW US title did. How would doing anything i say cheapen it? Or how is it any different to midcard titles in any company for that matter? The idea of midcard is to build up talent, i highly doubt any talent gone stay in Impact just because you offer them a midcard belt. Also what cheapens belts in the first place is by having a dozen "Champions" about, way Impact has it at the moment is the right amount of belts.
Do people remember the X Divison for the slow guys or for the Daniels, Styles, Sabin, Shelleys, Amazing Reds of the division?

Thats all you need to answer here lol.

Its not a mid card belt, its a Cruiserweight title they get lazy with.

And ofcourse a mid card belt would be an incentive for talent, booking fees go up when you win titles in major feds. Thats just the way it is, plus it guarantee more TV time for you when youre champ.

The WWE has about 50 championships, and it makes them mean less.

Impact having a mid card without a mid card belt would not be 'too many titles'.

Too many titles is when you introduce a tag team championship with no tag teams ala KO Tag titles.

Also not sure how youre using Swann as a good example of the x Division title helping guys move up the card. Its pretty much accepted by the majority Swann sucks as champ and shouldnt be in that position.

Youre effectively saying a championship that caters to two seperate tiers of wrestlers in a company isnt cheap? Thats pretty much the definiion of being cheap.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Do people remember the X Divison for the slow guys or for the Daniels, Styles, Sabin, Shelleys, Amazing Reds of the division?

Thats all you need to answer here lol.

Its not a mid card belt, its a Cruiserweight title they get lazy with.

And ofcourse a mid card belt would be an incentive for talent, booking fees go up when you win titles in major feds. Thats just the way it is, plus it guarantee more TV time for you when youre champ.

The WWE has about 50 championships, and it makes them mean less.

Impact having a mid card without a mid card belt would not be 'too many titles'.

Too many titles is when you introduce a tag team championship with no tag teams ala KO Tag titles.

Also not sure how youre using Swann as a good example of the x Division title helping guys move up the card. Its pretty much accepted by the majority Swann sucks as champ and shouldnt be in that position.
Not saying the first thoughts of the X-division aren't the faster guys, because most fans left around think it was a cruiserweights division when it wasn't originally, that only came into place when Hulk Hogan had his run of terror in the company and was a massive fuck up my Impact for doing that, hence why i said should go back to a open title with no restrictions.

Unless it a the top belt most midcard champions don't seem to get paid that much more and yet to hear a talent say "Yea man they offered me the midcard title so i stuck around, i mean i would go to that show with more eyes on it but midcard champion sounds nice....".

Remember when Impact had the Global title? TV title? :Legends title? Grand champion? Who did they help build up? Who did they keep in impact? They all got plenty of TV time granted but didn't mean anything, adding a random new midcard offer nothing and adds nothing, it why they're all gone and yet the X-division still around. Adding the KO tag belts is a bad idea unless they plan on bringing in more tag teams i agree there.

I also couldn't care less what people opinion of Rick Swann is, my point was he was built up via the X-division and moved on to the main belt. Whether people like or dislike that is irrelevant to that.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Not saying the first thoughts of the X-division aren't the faster guys, because most fans left around think it was a cruiserweights division when it wasn't originally, that only came into place when Hulk Hogan had his run of terror in the company and was a massive fuck up my Impact for doing that, hence why i said should go back to a open title with no restrictions.

Unless it a the top belt most midcard champions don't seem to get paid that much more and yet to hear a talent say "Yea man they offered me the midcard title so i stuck around, i mean i would go to that show with more eyes on it but midcard champion sounds nice....".

Remember when Impact had the Global title? TV title? :Legends title? Grand champion? Who did they help build up? Who did they keep in impact? They all got plenty of TV time granted but didn't mean anything, adding a random new midcard offer nothing and adds nothing, it why they're all gone and yet the X-division still around. Adding the KO tag belts is a bad idea unless they plan on bringing in more tag teams i agree there.

I also couldn't care less what people opinion of Rick Swann is, my point was he was built up via the X-division and moved on to the main belt. Whether people like or dislike that is irrelevant to that.
The X Division title literally started as a cruiserweight belt way before Hogan in 2002. 80% of TNA/Impacts life its been used as a Cruiserweight title.

In all 94 reigns the X Division Championship has had, less than 10 of those reigns were by genuine big heavyweights. Brian Cage, Abyss, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe to name the bonafide heavyweight big guys that won it. And we know Angle and Abyss only got given the belt so they could say they won every title in Impact.

Hogan fucked it up because he sees cruiserweights as undercard only openers for PPVs and cut the TV time they had big time. He fucks everything up. A cruiserweights title like the X Division in its prime with Amazing Red, Styles, Daniels etc could have easily been on the line in main events and presentated as important as a heavyweight championship. Its all about presentation.

Do you think winning a mid card championship in a major fed wouldnt help a wrestlers career? Really bro?

You think Cousin Jake or Brian Myers wouldnt get a boost to their careers with a Impact TV title run? You think Impact wouldn't benefit from this? increases the value of a newer wrestler to promotions when you have things like that under your belt 8 times out of 10.

And yes hence why I said Impact have never had a serious mid card championshiop.

The TV title started with promise and then it was evident they werent even treating it with respect with the stupid decisions and constant name changes.

Ok so wih your logic if Shark Boy came back to win the X Divison title then go on to win the world title that would be acceptable? Regardless of how successful the push has been? Success regardless because someone backstage handpicked him to hold them?

Youre being silly now man. Swann sucks and isnt a good example of what youre trying to say.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Do you think winning a mid card championship in a major fed wouldnt help a wrestlers career? Really bro?

And yes hence why I said Impact have never had a serious mid card championshiop.

The TV title started with promise and then it was evident they werent even treating it with respect with the stupid decisions and constant name changes.

Ok so wih your logic if Shark Boy came back to win the X Divison title then go on to win the world title that would be acceptable? Regardless of how successful the push has been? Success regardless because someone backstage handpicked him to hold them?

Youre being silly now man. Swann sucks and isnt a good example of what youre trying to say.
No winning a midcard title by it self won't help a wrestlers career unless there are plans to really push the guy and keep him elevate, otherwise he gets to be champion for a few months and then slip back down the card and forgotten about. It happens all the time in every company. (Before you try to say AEW haven't with TNT title,yes they haven't because it's barely had time to be passed around. Give it time and it will sadly.)

Grand champion was taken seriously and still failed because it wasn't needed. The tv title wasn't need which is why they tried changing the gimmick of it to weird things, no body cared as they don't want pointless midcard titles. Simple as.

When did i say anybody could get that push? Or even mention Shark boy? I said it worked for Aries and Joe because he was booked really well, built up over time and then elevated because he had the promo skills and in ring ability to main event. Just like Swann has (to a much lesser extent). If you don't like him that fine that your OPINION, i was never arguing if it was a good or bad choice. The point i was making & that your avoiding is this: The x division can and should be used to build up talent like that, as long as they they have the talent to deserve said push (so people like Swann, like Ace Austin. Not talent with a clear glass ceiling like Crazzy Steve, Shark Boy, Rohit etc). Like a mid card title would be used.

So before you fire off another, "Lol everyone online hates Swann" post and making bad comparisons, try addressing the point i'm making : If the X-division belt started pushing it self as the old "it's not about weight limits, but about no limits" (to get rid of the cruiserweights perspective), why couldn't that be the mid card title? And why would adding a new belt work if using the x-division like that wouldn't be?

P.s just noticed this was in the KO thread not your Xdivision thread OP, sorry about that.

·
Registered
440 Posts
No winning a midcard title by it self won't help a wrestlers career unless there are plans to really push the guy and keep him elevate, otherwise he gets to be champion for a few months and then slip back down the card and forgotten about. It happens all the time in every company. (Before you try to say AEW haven't with TNT title,yes they haven't because it's barely had time to be passed around. Give it time and it will sadly.)

Grand champion was taken seriously and still failed because it wasn't needed. The tv title wasn't need which is why they tried changing the gimmick of it to weird things, no body cared as they don't want pointless midcard titles. Simple as.

When did i say anybody could get that push? Or even mention Shark boy? I said it worked for Aries and Joe because he was booked really well, built up over time and then elevated because he had the promo skills and in ring ability to main event. Just like Swann has (to a much lesser extent). If you don't like him that fine that your OPINION, i was never arguing if it was a good or bad choice. The point i was making & that your avoiding is this: The x division can and should be used to build up talent like that, as long as they they have the talent to deserve said push (so people like Swann, like Ace Austin. Not talent with a clear glass ceiling like Crazzy Steve, Shark Boy, Rohit etc). Like a mid card title would be used.

So before you fire off another, "Lol everyone online hates Swann" post and making bad comparisons, try addressing the point i'm making : If the X-division belt started pushing it self as the old "it's not about weight limits, but about no limits" (to get rid of the cruiserweights perspective), why couldn't that be the mid card title? And why would adding a new belt work if using the x-division like that wouldn't be?

P.s just noticed this was in the KO thread not your Xdivision thread OP, sorry about that.
Because you were using Swann as an example of how good the X title is for moving people up the card. Nobody buys him as champ, Moose is a better champ. It was a failed venture with Swann. Hence me pointing it out as a bad example.

I edited my previous post with further points but I think you missed them as you replied to the comment before it was edited so here was my previous add on:

"The X Division title literally started as a cruiserweight belt way before Hogan in 2002. 80% of TNA/Impacts life its been used as a Cruiserweight title.

In all 94 reigns the X Division Championship has had, less than 10 of those reigns were by genuine big heavyweights. Brian Cage, Abyss, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe to name the bonafide heavyweight big guys that won it. And we know Angle and Abyss only got given the belt so they could say they won every title in Impact.

Hogan fucked it up because he sees cruiserweights as undercard only openers for PPVs and cut the TV time they had big time. He fucks everything up. A cruiserweights title like the X Division in its prime with Amazing Red, Styles, Daniels etc could have easily been on the line in main events and presentated as important as a heavyweight championship. Its all about presentation.'

I totally see what youre trying to say 'why not actually use it as a mid card title'.

Well as above like I mentioned, when 85+ reigns out of 94 total reigns were by high flying smaller agile cruiserweights - then its a cruiserweight title that they sell out when they feel they need to (due to a lack of any other mens singles championship).

Its literally used as a cruiserweight title by Impact that occasionally gets passed to a bigger guy and then he ends up looking like a sore thumb wrestling guys half his size. Why? It makes 0 sense and doesnt translate well on TV.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Because you were using Swann as an example of how good the X title is for moving people up the card. Nobody buys him as champ, Moose is a better champ. It was a failed venture with Swann.

I edited my previous post with further points but I think you missed them as you replied to the comment before ii was edited so here was my previous add on:

"The X Division title literally started as a cruiserweight belt way before Hogan in 2002. 80% of TNA/Impacts life its been used as a Cruiserweight title.

Hogan fucked it up because he sees cruiserweights as undercard only openers for PPVs and cut the TV time they had big time. He fucks everything up. A cruiserweights title like the X Division in its prime with Amazing Red, Styles, Daniels etc could have easily been on the line in main events and presentated as important as a heavyweight championship. Its all about presentation.'

I totally see what youre trying to say 'why not actually use it as a mid card title'.

Well as above like I mentioned, when 85+ reigns out of 94 total reigns were by bonafide heavyweights that werenr cruiserweights - its not a mid title is it?

Its literally used as a cruiserweight title by Impact that occasionally gets passed to a bigger guy and then he ends up looking like a sore thumb wrestling guys half his size. Why? It makes 0 sense and doesnt translate well on TV.
Lol i didn't see these point you are correct so here goes my reply:

I only used used Swann as a example because he the most recent talent that come through the X-division to the main even, to show through out the company that it how the company use that division. From AJ, Joe, Cage, Swann, Aries etc before they where main event they came through X-division. I never said all of them where successful, i for one hated the Sabin push form nowhere. I agree Moose would be the much better choice for champion and that Swann only gone keep the belt if Moose doesn't resign with Impact. Here hoping he does cause moose has killed it.

I don't agree that the X-division has mostly always been a cruiserweight belt, when the company first started it just happened that most of the guys who joined where smaller then the WWE lot and the company it never been dominated by super heavyweight guys (Well except maybe hulk run of shite). I always saw it as a open weight division it promoted itself as and enjoyed when bigger guys invaded the division to kill the smaller guys off creating David vs Goliath match ups. It only changed when Cunt Hogan joined and literally introduced weight limits and changed the perspective of what the X-division was. Maybe that was just me idk.

Totally agree with your statement bout Hogan view on the cruiserweight guys and how X-division could and should have main evented at times, he was a fuckwit that really messed up the company.

"Well as above like I mentioned, when 85+ reigns out of 94 total reigns were by bona fide heavyweights that weren't cruiserweights - its not a mid title is it." What? the above you posted about how only 10 times had heavyweights won the x-division but then followed it up with the above quote, you lost me with what your trying to say. Can you clarify for me please as i want to understand rather then misinterpret what you mean.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Lol i didn't see these point you are correct so here goes my reply:

I only used used Swann as a example because he the most recent talent that come through the X-division to the main even, to show through out the company that it how the company use that division. From AJ, Joe, Cage, Swann, Aries etc before they where main event they came through X-division. I never said all of them where successful, i for one hated the Sabin push form nowhere. I agree Moose would be the much better choice for champion and that Swann only gone keep the belt if Moose doesn't resign with Impact. Here hoping he does cause moose has killed it.

I don't agree that the X-division has mostly always been a cruiserweight belt, when the company first started it just happened that most of the guys who joined where smaller then the WWE lot and the company it never been dominated by super heavyweight guys (Well except maybe hulk run of shite). I always saw it as a open weight division it promoted itself as and enjoyed when bigger guys invaded the division to kill the smaller guys off creating David vs Goliath match ups. It only changed when Cunt Hogan joined and literally introduced weight limits and changed the perspective of what the X-division was. Maybe that was just me idk.

Totally agree with your statement bout Hogan view on the cruiserweight guys and how X-division could and should have main evented at times, he was a fuckwit that really messed up the company.

"Well as above like I mentioned, when 85+ reigns out of 94 total reigns were by bona fide heavyweights that weren't cruiserweights - its not a mid title is it." What? the above you posted about how only 10 times had heavyweights won the x-division but then followed it up with the above quote, you lost me with what your trying to say. Can you clarify for me please as i want to understand rather then misinterpret what you mean.
Lmao my edits fucked this up a little, I meant when 85/94 wrestlers that have held the title were high flying, smaller agile wrestlers thats a whopping 90.4% of its time being used as a title.. Thats a cruiserweight title they sell out every now and again, not a genuine mid tier championship.

And when an Abyss or Angle or Cage wins the X title, they get put against cruiserweights. What does that tell you? That theyre jobbing out a division for one guy. They may say 'no limits' but it just ends up being one big guy every few years winning it and making everyone else look weak. Seperate them. It makes more sense.

That doesnt mean the X title diminishes in status, it should make it grow. Again presentation is key, the X/cruiserweight guys were mostly main event worthy in their own right - all could drive a crowd crazy most times.

Impact/TNA have always had bigger guys, its a myth from WWE fans that are used to seeing hulking giants every main event that they havent. Impact just gave more time to smaller guys too.

Even in 2002 they had Scott Hall and Ken Shamrock, Jarrett & Monty Brown for genuine heavyweight guys.

Another small random example of how Impact views it as a cruiserweight title most of the time until they want to job it out is the Ultimate X match.. Obviously designed for smaller, more agile guys. An X Division speciality. You wouldnt make a match like that with all sizes of competitors in mind.

Theres a forced ambiguity to the title which prevents it being what it could be and makes for serious lack of strong identity.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Cousin Jake
Madman Fulton
Matt Cardona
Bryan Myers
Heath
Hernandez
Joe Doering
Josh Alexander

My guy here!!

But still think about TV/Global title from TNA nobodyy cared about that title
With right booking it could be cool but if u look for Impact current Main event scene it sucks too
I like Swann as wrestler i liked him before WWE days he is always good in the ring but i dont buy him as
Company guy his Funky persona didnt make me stand behind him as world champ.

KO tag title didnt help either no tag teams nothing to be looking foward
company lacks star power and tv time is wasted on segemnts liketak titles celebrations it take +- 15 mins of tv time i lost my mind watching it...

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Lmao my edits fucked this up a little, I meant when 85/94 wrestlers that have held the title were high flying, smaller agile wrestlers thats a whopping 90.4% of its time being used as a title.. Thats a cruiserweight title they sell out every now and again, not a genuine mid tier championship.

And when an Abyss or Angle or Cage wins the X title, they get put against cruiserweights. What does that tell you? That theyre jobbing out a division for one guy. They may say 'no limits' but it just ends up being one big guy every few years winning it and making everyone else look weak. Seperate them. It makes more sense.

That doesnt mean the X title diminishes in status, it should make it grow. Again presentation is key, the X/cruiserweight guys were mostly main event worthy in their own right - all could drive a crowd crazy most times.

Impact/TNA have always had bigger guys, its a myth from WWE fans that are used to seeing hulking giants every main event that they havent. Impact just gave more time to smaller guys too.

Even in 2002 they had Scott Hall and Ken Shamrock, Jarrett & Monty Brown for genuine heavyweight guys.

Another small random example of how Impact views it as a cruiserweight title most of the time until they want to job it out is the Ultimate X match.. Obviously designed for smaller, more agile guys. An X Division speciality. You wouldnt make a match like that with all sizes of competitors in mind.

Theres a forced ambiguity to the title which prevents it being what it could be and makes for serious lack of strong identity.
No worrys. please don't go to heavy on the %, I'm getting flash backs to Scott Steiner promo's lmao. I thought that's what you meant tbf just wanted to be sure. I can see why you think that and its a fair point but it does write off the fact that smaller guys like AJ and Aries have moved up to the main event after good X-division runs, plus it didn't hurt Joe and Cage to show off their ability's in the X-division before go for the main gold. I never saw any of these reigns as sellouts, beside Sabin trade in.

I enjoyed when bigger guys invaded the x-division, if memory serves Abyss run as x-champ was to build up AJ? I don't see it as jobbing the division as you can have the smaller guys put up a valiant defeat so they can remain strong despite the lose against someone much larger opponent plus they always build to a X-division guy slaying the beast, it the David vs Goliath trope. I can see if it bothers people mind, some times it hard to get past the size difference.

I wouldn't count Shamrock or Jarret as heavyweight despite always being in the main event as their size isn't much greater then someone like AJ and Lynn who was a staple X-division star (until later on). Others yea. My point wasn't that they didn't have heavyweights, just that there wasn't as many and the general size in early TNA was much shorter then WWE. I just worded it poorly.

You have a good point with the ultimate X match being the way bigger lads lost the title and it favours smaller stars. I could say it more for hybrid wrestlers but that be a stretch/asspull lol. Hell even i said that the way someone getting pushed via the division could lose the belt, it just lazy booking, myself included haha.

I understand your view better now, still disagree but we clearly have different view points which is cool. So anyway, since this is in the KO tag tread, thoughts? Do you see them ending up like the last time Impact had the belts?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No worrys. please don't go to heavy on the %, I'm getting flash backs to Scott Steiner promo's lmao. I thought that's what you meant tbf just wanted to be sure. I can see why you think that and its a fair point but it does write off the fact that smaller guys like AJ and Aries have moved up to the main event after good X-division runs, plus it didn't hurt Joe and Cage to show off their ability's in the X-division before go for the main gold. I never saw any of these reigns as sellouts, beside Sabin trade in.

I enjoyed when bigger guys invaded the x-division, if memory serves Abyss run as x-champ was to build up AJ? I don't see it as jobbing the division as you can have the smaller guys put up a valiant defeat so they can remain strong despite the lose against someone much larger opponent plus they always build to a X-division guy slaying the beast, it the David vs Goliath trope. I can see if it bothers people mind, some times it hard to get past the size difference.

I wouldn't count Shamrock or Jarret as heavyweight despite always being in the main event as their size isn't much greater then someone like AJ and Lynn who was a staple X-division star (until later on). Others yea. My point wasn't that they didn't have heavyweights, just that there wasn't as many and the general size in early TNA was much shorter then WWE. I just worded it poorly.

You have a good point with the ultimate X match being the way bigger lads lost the title and it favours smaller stars. I could say it more for hybrid wrestlers but that be a stretch/asspull lol. Hell even i said that the way someone getting pushed via the division could lose the belt, it just lazy booking, myself included haha.

I understand your view better now, still disagree but we clearly have different view points which is cool. So anyway, since this is in the KO tag tread, thoughts? Do you see them ending up like the last time Impact had the belts?
The thing is about Shamrock and Jarrett they were always star power.
Same it was with AJ he was never heavyweight and fight for heavyweight titles for past 15 years cuz he has the star power
wich is what is current product missing the most and this is the reason why Rich is heavyweight champ cuz he is the biggest star power currently in Impact but nobody buys him as champ cuz he is really terrible his Funky gimmick didnt suit it well. KO tag titles is already disaster for me i didnt see any potentional feuds right now its about time they will put titles on Grace and Jazz but its really bad for grace career she can put 30min classic with Deonna anytime and she will be stucked around tag titles for a while now mar kmy words!
And Deonna got the same problem who will be potentional threat to her now i dont see anyone comming close to be contender for belt.

·
Registered
440 Posts

I see your point also, but I'd be more comfortable being for it if they actually treated the X title more like AEW treat the TNT title.

Meaning literally all manner of competitors physically competing for it - if youre good enough, no singular focus on one style/size of wrestler like TNA/Impact have done with the X title the majority of its existence. Its very half assed. How many times are they gonna recycle the 'big guy trashing the small guys' thing?

I'd still always prefer Impact to have a TV title though, I just think its such an awesome concept and can really be used well to build guys. Impact I feel always have lacked giving shine to their mid card. Less ambiguity, less confusion. Clear defined divisions.

But yeah we totally derailed this thread lmao.

I love the KO tag titles as an idea, I'm all for KO tag titles.. but only if theres an actual clear plan for the division. This seems similar to what they did when they introduced them for the first time.. and it fizzled out the first time quickly because they didnt know what to do with them and had a serious lack of womens tag teams.

If Havok and Neveah are a team now, they need a team name. They have one genuine tag team there and theyre the champs.

I'll hold off shitting on it completely as its early days and for all I know they do have a few more genuine womens tag teams in the wings.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The thing is about Shamrock and Jarrett they were always star power.
Same it was with AJ he was never heavyweight and fight for heavyweight titles for past 15 years cuz he has the star power
wich is what is current product missing the most and this is the reason why Rich is heavyweight champ cuz he is the biggest star power currently in Impact but nobody buys him as champ cuz he is really terrible his Funky gimmick didnt suit it well. KO tag titles is already disaster for me i didnt see any potentional feuds right now its about time they will put titles on Grace and Jazz but its really bad for grace career she can put 30min classic with Deonna anytime and she will be stucked around tag titles for a while now mar kmy words!
And Deonna got the same problem who will be potentional threat to her now i dont see anyone comming close to be contender for belt.
Rich Swann is far from the biggest star Impact have bro. Like hes probably lucky to be in the top 10 on that front.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.