Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
The Elemental BB
474 Posts
No problem man, i get what you're saying. I have no issue with smaller guys beating bigger guys, i loved it when Bryan defeated Big Cass. And i loved it when Bryan took Lesnar to the limit at SS, but just looking at it from Fox's point of view and how they want to do things on Smackdown, i just think they had a big influence on how the match went.

Man, I was one of those fans who was happy Kofi had his Wrestlemania moment and felt he deserved it for his years with the company but yeah looking back creative should have made his character a bit more serious as champion.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
While the decision was fine, the execution was godawful. Quick prediction, they'll do the same thing they do everytime they fuck up someones trajectory with a squash, this sunday at the ppv Kofi will have a more competitive loss as if that would fix it.

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
I'm glad Kofi's reign is over, i didn't think he would hold it this long although i wasn't really surprised that he lost the way he did.

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
Can they just fire him while they're at it?

Couldn't stand this motherfucker 11 years ago, and I don't like him even more as a main eventer. WTF is this guy doing in the main event, let alone as the world champion?

Fuck, this is how TNA went down the toilet, they used jobbers as champions, and used real stars as jobbers. Like EC3 or Eric Young as world champion while Sting, Angle, Hardy kept losing to jobbers. WWE are trying to repeat that mistake.

And people are crying for Kofi being buried, or those who lost to Kofi during his reign look weak because of this squash.... I mean... those guys looked weak because they lost to Kofi in the first place. Kofi should never beat them to begin with.

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
WWE had to start undoing their bad work at some point.

Kingston should not have been booked as a dominant champion. Heck, he should not have been champion in the first place.
But it makes little sense to keep booking him strong. It just makes more and more of the roster look inferior. Few take him seriously as world champion, regardless of how they book him and it damages credible wrestlers by selling for him.

Lesnar's aura was already dented by pointlessly jobbing to Rollins. A performer who WWE push to the moon, despite consistently underperforming as a headliner. Why further dent Brock's aura by making him look competitive against a journeyman like Kingston?
To be honest if I gota be critical as much as I liked Kofi's reign, my one complaint was that he was TOO dominant and he was overbooked, would have been cool if he relied more on New Day to win more and help him in matches, I know it's very heelish, but Xavier did it to help Kofi win against Ziggler and no one cared. Plus I kind of miss the old tweener New Day :p

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,426 Posts
They missed the opportunity to turn Big E on Kofi! I expected Kofi to lose much earlier, because he still was doing the pancake gimmick.
I still don`t get why Kofi accepted that challenge by Brock. Brock did nothing to deserve another title shot. He stole the MITB case and already challenged Seth. After that loss, Brock did nothing until last friday.
So Kofi comes out of this with the overplayed pancake gimmick and looking weak and looking stupid. What a waste.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Glad I'm not alone on that. I don't understand people who say Jinder was a midcarder or jobber but Kofi is somehow main event championship material.

Now only if Becky and Seth would take a backsteat...

·
Premium Member
44,043 Posts
This reign couldn't end fast enough.

I've made the comparison before, but Kofi winning the title is like if 1-2-3 Kid won the title in 94.

We all like him. It is fun for a pop...but a six month run? Uh...no thanks.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Why'd the company put the belt on him in the first place???
I think being in the NYC market for WM with nothing really jumping out as a real centerpiece of the show they wanted to go against some of their historical tendencies.

·
Banned
158 Posts
I think being in the NYC market for WM with nothing really jumping out as a real centerpiece of the show they wanted to go against some of their historical tendencies.
Political correctness. It's either Stephanie or Paul making the decisions.

NYC is not a big market for the black demographic. That would be the south, not the northeast.

It's a dumb move, any way you spin it.

161 - 178 of 178 Posts