Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Kofi was the first SD guy to be eliminated last night, and pretty early on too. Does anyone else think this is bad for him? As a big fan of the guy, I've been hoping for him to reach main-event status for some time now, but this isn't a good sign.

·
Banned
1,774 Posts
im not to sure what the WWE is gonna do with him, /since he lost at NOC it kinda went downhill for him. i say he might go to the lowermidcards, id like to see him feud with chris masters, masters hasnt done much in a while

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I dont see him feuding with Kane anytime soon and his feud with Ziggler has been done to death. I guess theyll put him in some survivor series team for the time being

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
They should just continue the feud with Ziggler and Kofi a while again, with giving them MORE AIRING TIME. And after Ziggler defends his IC Championship (he deserves to keep it a while) let Kofi win it and hold it then again for a while, so that Kofi can go on to the main event by next year. How about a feud for the WHC then between ADR and Kofi ?!

·
Registered
221 Posts
No they shuld put him in a fued with tyler reeks i think that would help both of them

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
With Edge and Mysterio both faces in the main event and Big Show ready to step in for Taker if they want, there's no room for Kofi in the main event. Midcard is fine for him. Especially since they're giving a little more importance to the midcard titles now. He'll probably feud with Cody Rhodes or Drew McIntyre.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
he is fine. there is just nothing for him at the moment. it has to be a feud with rhodes. thats the only thing left for him to do at the moment. but i hope he moves towards the title picture soon as i do not want to see the big show as champion period or the continous underdog overacheiving rey mysterio title reigns or the 700th edge transitional reign. i hope it gets to a point where they can put the title around the waist of del rio, kingston, or swagger. sd has a great mid card but the upper card is continuous and repetitive.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
He will probably feud with Cody Rhodes, Cody is the only heel midcarder he hasn't feuded with. I don't know if that will work though, there's nothing ugly about Kofi, IMO. Maybe Cody will start dissing his party lifestyle, then it might work.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I won't be sad to see him get depushed. There's plenty of better options.

·
Premium Member
5,651 Posts
This time last year he was feuding with Orton and was the sole survivor on the 7 on 7 team. Orton has destroyed his career, and kofi is trying to rebuild it again

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Kofi always strikes me as one of those guys who will probably never rise above the mid-card. He's got the talent for sure, but I just get the feeling that the higher ups don't have faith in him ever since his mini-fued with Orton.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I'm not a fan of the guy by any means, but even I don't know what they're doing with him. It seems incredibly odd to think that this time last year he was feuding with Orton and gong on to be the sole survivor in a match at Survivor Series. He's fallen pretty far to be honest, and it's not all his doing at all. The WWE dropped the ball like they do countless times with other up and coming faces. While I don't exactly WANT him in the main event, he could be used far better than he has been in the past month or so.

I figured that after his feud with Ziggler where he lost a few times for the IC title, that he would much moving up the card to fill what was then a void for main evnet faces. However it just didn't happen. Undertaker came back, Rey came back, Edge has moved over...instead of movig him up, they've just brought more people back instead and it's pretty baffling. The guys over, he gets constant merchandise so he obviously sells well, when given the right opponent he can put on a good match, so they should be using him far better.

I see Kingston and Morrison as almost the only two guys with the potential to move up the card as current faces, and both have been misused. But apparently that's just how it is with faces. Unless you're a heel, you don't get consistant pushes. Morrison is getting his push so it seems and I'm waiting for the same to happen with Kofi. Sooner or later I'm sure they'll find a point to push him again. The guys still only young, but right now he's obviously not headed in the right direction, or...any direction for that matter.

I wouldn't mind him feuding with Rhodes now that Drew/Cody have lost the titles. They could have some good matches and it might help Kingston find his feet again. Problem with him moving up now is...they have a lack of heels. Del Rio and Swagger are basically the only main event heels (excluding Kane) so he hasn't got many options. Hopefully they keep him busy with a mid-card guy for the time being until someone might get free.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,744 Posts
IF Edge moves up to the ME scene that leaves Kofi to fued with Swagger, or Alberto Del Rio when he finishes with Rey Rey. For the immediate future I am sure Kofi will just be on a SS team.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
Kingston should move up to the main-event scene. There's literally no better time than now with Kane having the monster reign he's having, but just like they did at the Royal Rumble, WWE seems to be preferring Edge as their main guy over Kingston. I don't know if Edge is actually going to get the next shot, but it certainly seems that way.

It was a mistake when they gave the 'Rumble to Edge instead of Kingston, and it will be a mistake if Edge gets the main event spot over Kingston.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
well apart from being eliminated first at BR, he's still looking good on smackdown so its not like he's being buried or no longer gets a crowd reaction

·
Registered
349 Posts
The WWE doesnt know what to do with a lot of their stars. But i really would like Kofi to get a mainevent push. He was over in that fued last year with orton, and he was very impressive in Raws elimination chamber.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Santino was eliminated first in the match and has been jobbing for ages over on Raw yet he gets a victory over an upper midcarder/ME guy in Sheamus this past RAW. Kofi hasn't got a thing to worry about.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts