Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
FEED ME LESS!
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im really enjoying kofi as of late, I wouldn't say im marking for him. But I see him being a big main even face as long as the wwe doesnt screw this one up too.

I justs ee a lot of hate towards Kofi on here and I was just curious as to why.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
last year he was in a main event feud with orton but then he got squashed quickly...now he is on the rise...make up ur minds wwe. he is an awesome talent.

·
RIP Fredo
3,105 Posts
Kofi is good talent. He has mic skills, he's over, he's good in the ring, and i wouldn't mind him in the ME, however, he's not going to be in the main event because of obvious reasons.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Kofi's getting hate for the same reason why Alex Riley is the most despised wrestler in the IWC, people think if you botch one or two times, it makes you a horrible talent. Kofi's not so bad. He's not somebody I'm interested in but I do think he should be elevated purely because of how over he is. Of course that won't happen because Vince loves keeping a brotha down.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Im really enjoying kofi as of late, I wouldn't say im marking for him. But I see him being a big main even face as long as the wwe doesnt screw this one up too.

Some people bitch about his wrestling style. I like it though. Very exciting to watch, imo.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think he's been impressive lately and had a decent showing in the Rumble match. I wish they would let him defend the IC title more than he does. Him and Swagger should have had a bigger IC title feud.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Some people bitch about his wrestling style. I like it though. Very exciting to watch, imo.
This. I love Kofi Kingston. He's naturally likable and he can cut entertaining promo if he's given a better material. He barely gets any opportunity to do it though. He's certainly not the most technical wrestler in the world but he's energetic and he always brings excitement to this viewer.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I like watching him in the ring. But his character is super dull. He is made out to be just a humble guy, and he really doesnt do anything.

Also the Reggae act needs to be changed and he needs a big feud, with a guy who he can he can also own on the mic, (morrison would be good)

I remember when he feuded with Randy and for a couple weeks he dropped his reaggae shit and turned into a bad ass wrecking his car and beating ass instead of dancing around being that likable Jamaican guy. That match with Randy on Raw in MSG was great.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
2 words 1 letter

Get A Personality

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
he's really stood out since he moved to SD with the exception of millions upon millions of ziggler matches and i think his in ring style sorta reminds me of RVD's so yeah he should move up onto the next level however he needs a decent program to help elevate him

·
Registered
41 Posts

Kofi is just like Cena, "a little kids star". Until Cena either turns heel or falls of the face of the Earth Kofi and everyone like him is just going to be second to Cena. WWE is only going to have one big kid star at a time and a few small ones.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Absolutely no presence, no charisma and no personnality.

In-ring ability : jump like a fucking moron

Average mic-skills, he has just nothing special, he's not bad either, he's a midcarder, that's all, Kofi as world champion would be worst than a Jeff Hardy's reign

·
Registered
975 Posts
In order to be elevated to ME status, he needs a proper feud with top heel. I have always been a fan of Kofi Kingston and hope WWE pulls the trigger on his push which WWE doesnt seem to do for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Even if he is in the main event, he won't win the title. He's black. But I'm a fan of his and I hope he cracks the glass ceiling. Maybe Booker T can bring him some luck.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Kofi should just stay in the midcard, there is no way you could take this guy seriously in the main event. However if they were to keep him in the midcard he would be a good talent who (somehow) maintains his overness while making the midcard titles look credible.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Kofi should just stay in the midcard, there is no way you could take this guy seriously in the main event. However if they were to keep him in the midcard he would be a good talent who (somehow) maintains his overness while making the midcard titles look credible.
This argument went out the door when Rey Mysterio won the title. Now, anybody can be taken seriously in the main event. If he's main event over, which he is, then like it or not, there's really no reason from a business standpoint that he should be held back.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Well I think it's something to do with him being a happy, bouncy (Jamaican?) guy, unless they changed his gimmick completely he couldn't be taken seriously because atm it wouldn't look out of place on a comedy character.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Well I think it's something to do with him being a happy, bouncy (Jamaican?) guy, unless they changed his gimmick completely he couldn't be taken seriously because atm it wouldn't look out of place on a comedy character.
I don't know why you think he couldn't be taken seriously, but what does it really matter? Like I said, Rey Mysterio couldn't be taken seriously, but because he was over huge, they gave him the title. Hell, I could even argue that John Cena can't be taken seriously. Am I honestly supposed to sincerely believe that John Cena can beat The Great Khali? I hope not, but it doesn't matter because the crowds don't care.

The Miz can't be taken seriously, but that didn't stop him from being WWE Champion, did it? Now, I suppose your defense is gonna be that The Miz isn't supposed to be taken seriously to begin with as he's a cowardly heel, whereas Kofi would be expected to be taken seriously as a babyface, but really, whatever your opinion is on why he can't be taken seriously, it has no business basis to it. He's over huge everywhere he goes. The crowds clearly take him seriously because he gets huge reactions, and not in the way a comedy character like Santino gets huge reactions. Besides, he's already beaten most of the people in the company anyway, so what's the concern?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts