Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was only last year that he was having a near main event feud with randy orton and now hes at a path to nowhere on smackdown i wonder what WWE plans for him?

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
You know what, I have slated him in the past that people look too highly upon him but recently he's caught my eye a little bit. There's no denying he's fantastic in the ring, he's extremely athletic but he's got enough weight on him to be credible against the bigger opponents unlike most high-flyers. His mic work lets him down a bit but its decent enough to get by on, I don't think he's good enough to be in the main event yet, but maybe in the near future he will be.

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts
I don't see him doing anything of note anytime soon. Which is fine by me. I have to admit, I enjoyed Orton mashing his progress, but then again I think it's funny anytime Orton flexes and stops someone (See Kennedy)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I think Kofi Kingston is brilliant and could be one of the top faces in the company. His feud with Orton showed that he can put on a good program with a main eventer. I have no idea why they stopped pushing him after that. I think his mic work is fine, nothing spectacular, but good enough. Besides, he hasn't really been given a chance to do a lot. I think they should put him in a high profile feud with someone like Edge or CM Punk. Give him plenty of mic time and lets see what he can do.

·
Registered
397 Posts
He's the new Shelton Benjamin.

Best athlete in the company. Bad on the mic. Can pull of the most amazing spots, but then follows it up with a botch. US/IC champ is about as far as he will go right now.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
he was doing good but a botched promo and botched match previous to the royal rumble screwed him over, he's gonna be stuck in midcard for a while

·
Thank You Randy Savage.
3,772 Posts
Kofi is still relatively young and has alot going for him. He's fantastic in the ring. Decent on the mic (I can see him improving if given more mic time). He is a face that actually gets a good reaction from the crowd, and kids seem to love him. He ticks quite a few boxes as to what you should look for in a face in todays WWE.

I became a big fan of him during his feud with Orton. He was flat out intense that whole feud and I was disappointed when they suddenly stopped his push. I thought he was heading straight through that glass ceiling and into the main event. Am I upset that he never made it to the main event? Yes. Do I think he'll get another chance? Absolutely.

He just needs someone to meaningly feud with at the moment. Which seems to be a problem for most of the wrestlers on Smackdown!

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
2 people already have said he's "fantastic" in the ring... What the fuck are you watching? All he does is jump really high and throw gay ass punches and dropkicks and his little boom boom cringeworthy shit. He has no grappling based moves and thus will never be taken seriously by me.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
2 people already have said he's "fantastic" in the ring... What the fuck are you watching? All he does is jump really high and throw gay ass punches and dropkicks and his little boom boom cringeworthy shit. He has no grappling based moves and thus will never be taken seriously by me.

He's exciting and has a cool moveset. He reminds me of RVD and Jeff Hardy. Yes, he's limited in what he can do, but he is fun to watch and the crowd gets behind him. Not everybody can be a technical wizard. You need diversity.

·
Registered
573 Posts
He's the new Shelton Benjamin.

Best athlete in the company. Bad on the mic. Can pull of the most amazing spots, but then follows it up with a botch. US/IC champ is about as far as he will go right now.
Are you serious? I would have to say Daniel Bryan pulls of the best spots in WWE at the moment. For example, how many boring matches did Kofi - Ziggler have? Ziggler - DB from BR and RAW were beyond better than any match those two had. I find Kofi shit, to be honest. He has charisma and sells merch, that's all he has going for him. Everything else about him is boring beyond belief

·
Fighting the feeling...
2,462 Posts
Kofi Kingston?

Like it has been previously stated, jumping into the air really high does not make you an epic athlete, kids love him because of the pretty colours and shitty pyro and the crowd interaction with that Boom Boom bollocks,I just generally dont like him.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
He's exciting and has a cool moveset. He reminds me of RVD and Jeff Hardy. Yes, he's limited in what he can do, but he is fun to watch and the crowd gets behind him. Not everybody can be a technical wizard. You need diversity.
But you need to be technically sound to be "fantastic" in the ring, not just jump around and make ur self dizzy til u botch

·
I GOT ALOT LEFT IN THE TANK
4,541 Posts
It's a shame he didn't get a chance to feud with CM Punk before Punk was drafted. It certainly would've been more entertaining than Show/Punk.

I have no clue what WWE plans to do with Kingston. But he's only aged 29, if he remains as over as he currently is, he will eventually be pushed again.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
The guys decent but i still dont see a main eventer in him, hes weak on the mic and while hes fun to watch i dont think hes that good in the ring either.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I can't really imagine a guy with a happy Jamaican gimmick who bounces around a lot with the world title.
Yeah, because he's always a happy Jamaican. If you piss him off he has been shown to turn into a bad ass.

and LMFAO at folk still thinking he botches. He's botched like twice in the past year. Morons.

Along with Christian and MVP, he's the only one over enough to become a main event face. We'll see how good it's going when Edge, Taker, Mysterio, Trips and Show have to retire in the next couple years. Edge, Mysterio, Taker and Trips are 1 injury away from forced retirement, and I wouldn't imagine show being able to go much longer.

·
Banned
542 Posts
But you need to be technically sound to be "fantastic" in the ring, not just jump around and make ur self dizzy til u botch
^ Reminds me of Jeff Hardy but that proves that you dont have to be that technically sound to be a maineventer as i recall Jeff is a 2x WWE Champ.

Back to the matter at hand Kofi Main event Push is long over due. Hope they give it to him soon on Smackdown seeing as theres a shortage of main event faces on that show anyway.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts