Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly, it seems like he'll be a 275x mid card champion by the time he retires. WWE seems to trust him in that mid card role & every since '09, don't seem to want to push him any higher. He's good on the mic (when WWE actually allows him near one) & is completely over with the crowd. I think all he lacks is character development & direction, tbh.

Do you guys see him EVER being a main eventer? I mean, he's in his 30's now so we can't really call him "the future" anymore. He's the now, and RIGHT NOW, the WWE doesn't see him in that light.​

·
Nah, I’m your king now.
4,135 Posts
They don't.

He's just a bad combination, tbh.

Black and a high flyer in the WWE?

He'll probably win the World title at the end of his career but that's it.

·
Men with Ven
4,273 Posts
Right now, he's a handy mid card face, that gets some decent reactions, he can lose to main event heels, he's perfect.

I'm not sure what his aspirations are (obviously) Stone cold once said that too many guys are just happy to be on TV, he strikes me as one of those.

His best chance of a main event run is if he lasts another 10 years, he could get a bit of a backing if they focus it on him never getting a chance and finally getting the gold.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Lol

·
Registered
944 Posts
I have to say no he's not going any further. They did that angle where Ryback destroyed him on Smackdown to write off tv, and explain his absence over the summer but when he all healed up and ready to return he didn't even start a program with Ryback, it wasn't even acknowledged Kofi was just back doing his regular shitck and didn't try to get revenge or anything. They don't care about him very he's just a midcard guy to fill out the card.

·
Banned
598 Posts
threads about Kofi are so boring,lame and always the same bullshit.He is mid-carder 4-ever ! PERIOD

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
If he continues the path, i.e successful midcarder who gets decent reactions, entertains the crowd which allows him to be a good candidate for up and comers and main eventers to beat to look good, all while being content about his role and being a company man, I could see them giving him a brief main event stint years from now as a reward.

Anyway, I really like him (bought his Chaotic Wrestling DVD) and am happy he's happy at the moment and more successful then 90% of today's active wrestlers.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
If he is willing to wait several more years, then yes he will go a bit further. I agree with the others who have said toward the end of his career, he will get a brief time as a main eventer.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
His chaotic, spasmodic, dynamic style is well liked by the crowd, so he's almost always over. That said, I think his character ir poor and lame, he is gimmickless, his moveset is bland, he's a fake highflyer(Super Crazy, Rob Van Dam, Rey Mysterio, Ultimo Dragon, Jimmy Wang Yang, Jeff Hardy, Hunico, Justin Gabriel, Adrian Nevilla, Evan Bourne or Trent Barreta are actual highflyers, not a guy who just does crossbodies and dropkicks) and his mic skills are pretty average.

I can't say I like Kofi. In my opinion he needs a characters(not just "being serious" like some people want) and a more solid moveset.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
kofi has reached his peak, he wasn't sniffing anywhere near the main event with his weird looking chest. he's still a good hand to have and is better off in a tag team, tbh they should bring back air boom.

sami zayn will replace kofi as the baby face mid carder.

·
Banned
8,180 Posts
I don't see what the problem is. Again, he's good at being a transitional mid card face champion who puts over up and coming heels. He has good matches with most everyone and gets decent reactions.

No shame in where he's at.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts