Wrestling Forum banner

Kofi Kingston - the next Mr. Money in the Bank?

4478 Views 55 Replies 43 Participants Last post by  Habanos
We all Alberto Del Rio won the Royal Rumble, and will most likely win the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania.

But lately there's been a fued brewing between Del Rio and the Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston, which will definately still be going on after Elimination Chamber.

What are the chances of Kingston winning MITB @ Mania, and cashing in it on Del Rio later on?
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Registered
5,130 Posts
I doubt it. Ziggler and Morrison have more chance of winning, WWE seems high on these two guys more. Kofi is just simply serving as a cannon fodder to Del Rio to give Del Rio more heat, Kofi is just an 'enhancement talent' at this point, i don't think WWE will push him any higher, if they were about to push a babyface to the top, it's gonna be Morrison, not Kofi.

· Banned
8,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I doubt it. Ziggler and Morrison have more chance of winning, WWE seems high on these two guys more. Kofi is just simply serving as a cannon fodder to Del Rio to give Del Rio more heat, Kofi is just an 'enhancement talent' at this point, i don't think WWE will push him any higher, if they were about to push a babyface to the top, it's gonna be Morrison, not Kofi.
Why would Ziggler need it at this point? He's already been been World Heavyweight Champion, and oh what a glorious reign it was! :lmao

· Registered
5,130 Posts
Why would Ziggler need it at this point? He's already been been World Heavyweight Champion, and oh what a glorious reign it was! :lmao
Punk won MITB twice despite the fact that he was already a one-time world champion entering his second MITB match, so i think there is still a chance for Ziggler to do the same and wins the MITB. Ziggler is a former world champion (what a terrible reign that was) but maybe the purpose of the whole coronation stuff was just to give him more heat, not establishing him as main eventer.

· WCW Fan
269 Posts
if they evn do the money in the bank i highly doubt kofi winning it. he wouldnt win it because im pretty sure WWE would stik to always having the MITB winner cash in and win the title and Kofi is no were near ready to be champ. he is good to watch in the ring i suppose but i wouldnt think he cud cut a decent promo let alone have a big time feud that would keep us glued to the tv. to be honest i dont see kofi sticking round in WWE for alotlonger and if he does he wont accomplish much more think he will end up like shelton benjamin

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,061 Posts
I'm assuming the 'mania MITB will be dropped in favour of the PPV. Could Kofi win one of those? Yes and he'd be one of the favourites.

They might as well keep a Mania MITB. Theres got to be something half the roster can do.
IC title match? US title match? Meaningful tag team title match? Meaningful Divas title match?

As for the rest of the roster, isn't that what the pre-WM Battle Royal is for? Don't forget the roster is considerably smaller than it was last year.

· Registered
2,734 Posts
I think it's going to Morrison. I'd love for Kofi to win it, but Morrison seems well positioned for that push at the moment. Sadly, I believe the feud with ADR is more for Alberto's benefit rather than that of Kofi.

· Registered
251 Posts
Money in the bank for what? Honestly what they need to do is put some effort into the IC division. The Ic title needs a Hero right now, it has a great history and shouldn't be allowed to fade away. Kofi could be that hero. Lets be honest he will never be WWe champ or WHC its just not going to happen.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,499 Posts
They could surprise me and have him win, I hope they don't but they could.

I don't think they will though, they have had numerous opportunities to push him to the main event, but don't seem to want to give him that push. I don't see now as any different. He's now in a small feud with Del Rio designed to give Del Rio a rub going into his title match in the main event of Wrestlemania, if they wanted to push him to the main event at Mania, they wouldn't book him like that.

If they are in it, the two guys who will be the potential winners would be John Morrison or Dolph Ziggler imo. I think Morrison has the edge right now, and if anyone has gotten the push to win MITB, it's him right now. Same with Dolph Ziggler, but I feel they are willing to take the chance with Morrison now as he's been getting his most consistant push he's ever had. Kofi will be in the match, will provide some spots but won't win.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Unless WWE just makes another giant mistake like they did with Swagger and just hands it to some nobody out of the blue, the only people who have a chance are John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, and Wade Barrett (if he's in it). Kofi is over enough to be a world champion, but the fact of the matter is, black men have a glass ceiling in WWE. You may not want to admit it, but you know it's the truth. It's just not going to happen for him. That skin has rendered him with the disease known as Christianitis, and just like AIDS, there's no cure for that shit.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.