Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's getting kinda frustrating to me that Kofi is still wandering around the midcard without any clear direction. IMO, he should have won the MITB back in July. I was actually glad at first that Kane finally won the world title because i personally think he deserved it, but, after the lackluster title reign that i've witnessed, i really wish he didn't win the MITB and the world title in the first place. The MITB contract would have benefitted Kofi more, it would have been surreal to see The Miz and Kofi Kingston together holding the briefcase and the fans are waiting for the sweet pay-off. Kane and Taker could have feuded without involving the world title IMO since the main point of their feud is to prove who is the better brother. Rey and Swagger could have continued their feud until Swagger won the world title back and then Swagger having the upper hand at the end of their feud, therefore it would have put Swagger over big time and probably cemented him as legit main eventer, then we would have got Kofi who's ready to cash in the MITB contract on him. This is only my dream scenario anyway, but i don't see why WWE wouldn't have went with this route had Kofi won it.

I know and still believe that Kofi is bound for great things in the future, but i think WWE have made a mistake here for not pulling the trigger sooner. He's over big time with the fans and i think he's got all the tools needed to become a main eventer. Perhaps he will win the Royal Rumble (which i highly doubt), and the next MITB will be his best luck, but they are still ages away, i'm just kinda getting impatient now, lol.

·
Asuka
96,571 Posts
ANYONE should have won SmackDown's Money In The Bank Contract. Not Kane. Anyone. As much as I hate to say it, I think it would be easier to put up with another Swagger reign than to witness one more second of this. This is unspeakably bad. Like if I just shat into a bag, and wrote "World Heavyweight Championship History: Kane - July 18, 2010 - present" on it, that would emcompass, perfectly exactly what this reign has been like.

I hate to say it, but Kofi would've won MITB at WrestleMania if he was white. Vince has got to be adamantly against the idea of a black champion, because the only one in WWE history is a guy who another promotion made, and even then it took 6 years and JBL was supposed to win it again but he had to retire for a while. They must not have found a market for them or something, so they're holding it off, because otherwise Kofi would have definately won the belt by now. No excuse why he hasn't, and I'm not even a fan.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Kofi really isnt that good to be honest, fun to watch yes but his carracter is pretty boring and hes average on the mic, at lease Kane has pulled off some good promos so far & im not even a Kane fan.

·
Registered
919 Posts
ANYONE should have won SmackDown's Money In The Bank Contract. Not Kane. Anyone. As much as I hate to say it, I think it would be easier to put up with another Swagger reign than to witness one more second of this. This is unspeakably bad. Like if I just shat into a bag, and wrote "World Heavyweight Championship History: Kane - July 18, 2010 - present" on it, that would emcompass, perfectly exactly what this reign has been like.

I hate to say it, but Kofi would've won MITB at WrestleMania if he was white. Vince has got to be adamantly against the idea of a black champion, because the only one in WWE history is a guy who another promotion made, and even then it took 6 years and JBL was supposed to win it again but he had to retire for a while. They must not have found a market for them or something, so they're holding it off, because otherwise Kofi would have definately won the belt by now. No excuse why he hasn't, and I'm not even a fan.

Yeah it was racism and not due to Kofi being one dimensional and lacking mic skill.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Pyro™;9014799 said:

Technically The Rock was half black...

But I agree, Kane has been bad for almost a decade and him feuding with Undertaker for the 245th time doesn't help either.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I'm fine with Kane. I just can't stand Kofi. So boring guy, it's not even funny anymore...

·
Asuka
96,571 Posts
Half black isn't black, it's half black. Everybody considers Rock Samoan, including Rock himself from what I've heard. That's exactly what he looks like. I was talking about Booker T.

Anyway, Vince has proven that he's not completely against putting the title on a black guy because he did it with Booker, but it takes a miracle, seemingly. I can't imagine a guy as over as Kofi not even getting the title once, but it looks like it's going to take years even though he's main event over now, especially on SmackDown.

·
Registered
919 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Half black isn't black, it's half black. Everybody considers Rock Samoan, including Rock himself from what I've heard. That's exactly what he looks like. I was talking about Booker T.

Anyway, Vince has proven that he's not completely against putting the title on a black guy because he did it with Booker, but it takes a miracle, seemingly. I can't imagine a guy as over as Kofi not even getting the title once, but it looks like it's going to take years even though he's main event over now, especially on SmackDown.
Why are you so obsessed with race?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
The whole use of SD's briefcase was a waste. If they really wanted the world title to be involved in the Kane/Taker feud, there were other ways to get the title on him and at the same time the could've given a midcarder a potential year long rub by holding MITB.

I think they decided early in the piece that Miz would be the bragging guy that would carry the briefcase and they obviously didn't want 2 briefcases in play at the same time. I'm sure this was their logic, but it was poor logic. Why not have an over babyface in Kofi on one brand holding MITB, with an over heel in Miz holding MITB on the other brand?

What a cool prospect that would be. You'd be able to physically see the two completely different journeys to the top. One living out a boyhood dream, one cheating to earn it. Hell, they could've even had Miz vs Kofi at Bragging Rights to determine who was the superior MITB holder.

But they decided to waste SD's briefcase instead and Kofi remains stagnating in the midcard.

·
Registered
919 Posts
One of the reasons why Kofi at the moment will never see the main event scene is his inability to have a good feud.
Kofi hasn't had a single good feud since debuting in the WWE. He was given his chance to break out against Orton and failed.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
No Kofi has nothing to offer to the main event. Sure the guy is populair and is decent in the ring, but that's about it. Please let him in the midcard.

Kane winning the title was something he deserved, deal with it.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Why are you so obsessed with race?
He's not. Not at all.

One of the reasons why Kofi at the moment will never see the main event scene is his inability to have a good feud.
Kofi hasn't had a single good feud since debuting in the WWE. He was given his chance to break out against Orton and failed.
What are you talking about? His feud with Orton worked and as a result he got way over. Other than that, obviously no one can have a good feud if they are not booked correctly. Wrestlers do not choose and create their own feuds.

No Kofi has nothing to offer to the main event. Sure the guy is populair and is decent in the ring, but that's about it. Please let him in the midcard.
He has nothing to offer the main event, yet you admit that he is popular? Being as popular as Kofi is itself a reason to put people into the main event. You also state that he is "decent in the ring", I'd say he's better than that. However, even if he were only decent as you claim, that shouldn't be a bar to him being in the main event.

Kofi has bundles of charisma, and I believe would also prove himself to be competent on the microphone if given the chance. It's actually shocking how little opportunity he's had to speak and develop his character. Seriously, try to think how long he's been in the WWE and how many minutes of promo time he's had. It's astoundingly low, and even more surprising that he manages to remain so over despite not being afforded these chances to promote himself.

I really don't know why he hasn't been given his big push yet. Considering how many others have been given chances it doesn't make sense. One would think that WWE would wish to capitalise and create a contender or champion who is as over as possible.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
Kofi Kingston should've also won the Royal Rumble. Not Edge.

They've passed up on a plethora of opportunities with him, even though he's one of the most over superstars in the entire company, and certainly one of the top all-around performers in the entire company.

One can only hope that with Royal Rumble time approaching, they start to wake up soon.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
The thing is Kane didn't need the MITB to win the title, he could have just became the 1 contender to rey mysterio at Summerslam

1 - 20 of 45 Posts