Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one that sees that he can be one of the most top notch performers of the company?

Does anybody remember when they finally began taking him serious? That was a great time. Everybody was bandwagoning on this guy and ever since those days, I'm still waiting for them to forget the Orton incident and give it another go. This guy is good on the mic, this guy is over with the fans, he's easy to get behind. He's just an overall great package in my opinion.

I'm just curious if I'm the only one who's still waiting for the day that they go back to this.

Just to rehash a really good promo of his:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
If he turns heel and develops a real mean streak than yes, its possible.

Just cant see it happening as a bland babyface.

·
Banned
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If he turns heel and develops a real mean streak than yes, its possible.

Just cant see it happening as a bland babyface.
Don't think anybody could've seen it happening before but at that time he as a babyface and everybody thought he was going to be the next star to receive that main event push during his feud with Orton. When I mean he had a big bandwagon at that time, it was like Cody's & Ziggler's fanbase right now, he hit his high point as a face so I don't see the need to turn him heel.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The "Jamaca-me Crazy" gimmick or something? I can't see him being a heel, he reminds me of Dee Jay from Street Fighter too much, always smiling and stuff.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
He can definitely improve to the point that he can be put in the main event. Just needs a better gimmick and a push, the talent is no doubt there.

·
Registered
160 Posts
the talent is there the same with bryan,ziggler,and mcintrye but as long as cena and orton are healthy then these guys wont be seeing many main event feuds and matches

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
That promo Kofi had with Orton is better than anything Morrison has done throughout his whole career and yet WWE decided to push him more than Kofi. Well, we've seen how that turned out.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I hate his style and his taunts, and he has no-gimmick and no personality, is simply a smiling leaping guy. Besides, WWE sells us the guy as a highflyer for crossbodys and missile dropkicks. I suposse Christian and Matt Hardy are the master of the highflying style, then.

His taunts? When he does the boom boom leg drop(lame and ridiculous move that appears to hurt 0)the stupid dance he performs is annoying. And his face expression are pretty ugly, too.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Does Kofi Kingston NEED a heel turn to become Main Event credible???

I definitely think that Kofi Kingston needs to develop a mean streak, maybe even turn heel, or a tweener at least, in order to become a main eventer. It seems like the WWE has tried to shoot him to main event level a FEW times, but it has never worked. I believe what they need to do is develop the mean streak he developed in 2010, but it never went through. They NEED to do it again.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Kofi can only become a main event star if WWE let him. Otherwise, he's stuck being a one dimensional babyface who smiles all the time.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Fucking hell yes. He's a fantastic worker who gets a lot of completely unwarranted hate on here.

The people saying "NO PERSONALITY!!!11111" are either blind or have a short memory, as he showed plenty of it during the Orton feud.

I'd imagine the only reason why his big push ended was because of Orton being a whiny bitch.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts