Wrestling Forum banner

Kofi Kingston-Future endeavored?

13732 125
Do you expect Kofi Kingston to be released as part of WWE's annual spring cleaning? I read that Vince mcMahon is not very high on Kingston as of late.
Reactions: SES Soldier
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

· Registered
1,078 Posts
where did you read that?

· The One Who Knocks
5,703 Posts
I don't "expect" it, but I wouldn't be shocked. I recently read that Kofi's merchandise on WWE Shop has been cut in price by 75%. That's pretty goddamn alarming if you're a Kofi fan. The IC Champ's merch doesn't tend to go on clearance, much less practically be given away.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Why the hell would he be released? I know Vince is a racist prick who doesn't think he's worthy to main event because he's black, but he's over big. That should be enough to hold his job down. WWE only releases people like Zach Ryder or Primo during spring cleaning, not multiple time IC champions.

· Registered
718 Posts
That would be asinine. Kofi is the only black star they have with main event potential, and he is very over. My guess is that WWE is planning on changing his gimmick or turning him heel, and they want to sell as much of his current merchandise as possible before doing so.

· Registered
866 Posts
Well, if they release Kofi then they are down to Christian and Morrison as their sole uppermid card faces that can put on good matches. Hell, those 2 would be the only over midcard faces in the entire roster (Bryan is only over during the match).

Unless Kofi did something that no one knows about or asks for his release, I don't see him getting released. I mean, I highly doubt that McMahon watches the show and just randomly hates on ppl then fires them, especially not ppl as over as Kofi.

· P.O.P., hold it down
23,428 Posts
Why the hell would he be released? I know Vince is a racist prick who doesn't think he's worthy to main event because he's black, but he's over big. That should be enough to hold his job down. WWE only releases people like Zach Ryder or Primo during spring cleaning, not multiple time IC champions.
Shelton Benjamin says hi.

· Banned
1,198 Posts
Lets aply the common sense test. Is Kofi on TV regularly? Yes he is. Is he being treated badly? No he is not. Is there any evidence to suggest Kofi's a shithead who cares more about his win/loss record than his paycheque? Not that I'm aware of.

Therefore common sence dictates that Kofi ain't going anywhere.

· Registered
686 Posts
You cant be serious? Did I miss something?? Or are you just saying because no black guy has ever been pushed? I'm literally dumb-founded

· Registered
8,239 Posts
WWE only releases people like Zach Ryder or Primo during spring cleaning, not multiple time IC champions.
They released Shelton Benjamin and he was a multiple I-C Champion, U.S. Champ, and 2 Time Tag Champ.

As for Kofi, I'm not really worried that he'll be released right now. He's the current I-C Champion, he's over as hell. A lot more over than Shelton was when he was released, and I say that as a big fan of Shelton's.

I don't really know why they're not using him very much at the moment. Especially during the Road to Wrestlemania. You'd think they'd wanna showcase all their Title Holders during this time.

· Banned
1,198 Posts
They released Shelton Benjamin and he was a multiple I-C Champion, U.S. Champ, and 2 Time Tag Champ.

As for Kofi, I'm not really worried that he'll be released right now. He's the current I-C Champion, he's over as hell. A lot more over than Shelton was when he was released, and I say that as a big fan of Shelton's.

I don't really know why they're not using him very much at the moment. Especially during the Road to Wrestlemania. You'd think they'd wanna showcase all their Title Holders during this time.
Shelton was a perental underachieveing, unover, overrated, worthless waste of a paycheque. He was bound to go eventually.

· The Man
27,790 Posts
It would be stupid indeed. If they do I will be very disappointed. Kofi gets bigger reactions than most in wwe right now. More than Morrison and more than Christian at times. He is young athletic and gets the crowd into his matches. Change my mind I won't be disappointed I'll straight up be pissed. What has he done that he would be released

· Registered
8,239 Posts
Shelton was a perental underachieveing, unover, overrated, worthless waste of a paycheque. He was bound to go eventually.
Hyperbole much? Underachieving? The only thing he hadn't done is become World Champion. There's also still a possibility of him returning to the WWE, because unlike his Tag Team Partner, he hasn't burned all his bridges.

As for un-over, he was pretty damn well over as a face.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.