Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes im a sucker for reading spoilers. No matter how many times i tell myself i wont i always end up reading smackdown spoilers, mainly for the sake of if there is anything worth taping and flicking to on a friday arvo/evening. Anyway after watching recent weeks of Kofi losing to drew and dolph in successive weeks I was wondering what he was doing and where he was going....which i thought was nowhere. But on the two tapings the last couple of days (which havent aired) it shows that kofi has lost the IC title...but even more interesting he has beaten the shit out of dolph ziggler and having to be restrained. This just makes me intrigued of this new aggressive side.....we have seen it last year, but hopefully its maintained and really taken to the next level that he needs and deserves to be at!

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
i agree 100% with everything you said. i hope he quits the whole boom boom thing (lets be honest, thats just as bad as the whole 5 knuckle shuffle and peoples elbow and all those other things everyone seems to hate about wrestlers)and just goes out and does business. doesn't have to be a heel, just be serious and kick some ass.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
The problem for me here is that it seems as if he's on the way to a heel turn. I believe that would be a bad mistake at present. I usually find heels more entertaining, but Kofi is so over as a face now that I believe it would damage him to turn him heel before getting him to the main event.

If he's simply now going to be more serious and aggressive, but remain largely face, then that could be beneficial. However, it would have to be carefully done so that it doesn't alienate much of his fanbase.

·
Banned
4,201 Posts
Kofi is just abit 'meh' though isn't he? Thats the problem with him....he's just....'meh'.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Hopefully he'll be in he face getting screwed over position hich leads on to him getting a feud igher on the card

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
im sure tweaking him wont hurt him since he's always over with the crowd, win or lose. And as already mentioned, yeah he showed he can go more aggressive during his orton feud.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Kofi is just abit 'meh' though isn't he? Thats the problem with him....he's just....'meh'.
I actually get what you mean by that, despite being a fan of Kofi myself. The astounding thing is though, despite having a somewhat nebulous and bland gimmick, he is extremely over. That in itself is indicative of huge potential.

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
He needs to stop with his generic babyface mannerisms and dancing around and smiling all the time. Couple that with the fact that hes built like a bean-pole - i dont find him credible in the ring really. Not a fan and would much rather see R-Truth, MVP, Shelton or anyone else in his position.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
He needs to stop with his generic babyface mannerisms and dancing around and smiling all the time. Couple that with the fact that hes built like a bean-pole - i dont find him credible in the ring really. Not a fan and would much rather see R-Truth, MVP, Shelton or anyone else in his position.
lol, whats rtruth,shelton & mvp got to do wi.....oh

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
lol, whats rtruth,shelton & mvp got to do wi.....oh
I dont mean it in a derogatory/racist way but Kofi is in his position because he's black. I just think they should have chosen someone better for the role if they want a black main-eventer hence why I brought up MVP, Shelton, Truth. :) Truth plays the generic babyface to perfection so he'd be ideal imo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.