Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Im fucking sick right now. I havent been hit this hard by a famous figure’s death ever. I truly modeled my life after Kobe Bryant and I still cant believe hes gone. Im still holding out to hear that this was a hoax

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,976 Posts
Absolutely fucking devastated, Im still shaking from the news and my lady is crying her eyes out. His daughter was the same age as mine :( I believe the other fatalities were a teammate of Gigi's and her parent and the pilot. RIP. Kobe man, I cant believe it. Hug your loves ones.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,996 Posts
When I saw the headline my first thoughts were with his daughter and how she'd have to grow up without him and then I kept reading...

Fuck man, that's brutal. I know in times like this people find solace in religion but this just proves to me that there's no grand design. If there is a God he could give a fuck less about humans.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
When I saw the headline my first thoughts were with his daughter and how she'd have to grow up without him and then I kept reading...

Fuck man, that's brutal. I know in times like this people find solace in religion but this just proves to me that there's no grand design. If there is a God he could give a fuck less about humans.
Yea im not sure if this is the time and place to bring up this conversation but youre right. This is the only life we have to live and i think its about time people stopped living to serve a being that’s capable of letting shit like this happen.

Fuck i wish this wasnt real

·
Absolute Scumbag.
4,018 Posts
rip

they were all flying to the girl's basketball game apparently. I know they confirmed one was a teammate and her father, im guessing the other 4 were probably also involved.

sad day for not only kobe fans but for the families.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,409 Posts
This shit had my whole day on tilt. I'm not one for celebrity worship but when someone who is a shared cultural icon, especially one who represents black excellence and bring our persistence to every space he went, that shit hits hard. And then his daughter too. Their combined age was only 54. This feels surreal still. Kobe was a name and a face that I recognized from birth basically. All those years of witnessing his public journey, without knowing it would end like this

Sad

RIP Kobe and Gianna

Pretty much man. No God. Just all of us staring in awe at the majesty of death. And days like this to remind us that life is fragile and can end suddenly and randomly no matter how rich, famous and powerful you are. You could be a superior example of human physicality and achievement and be loved by millions and still die randomly at age 41.

That's what gets me the most about deaths like these. It's reckoning with my own mortality.

Humans are social creatures. Processing the death of someone metaphorically so big (and literally) can be tough

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Most impactful celeb death of my lifetime. RIP Kobe and Gianna. Gone far too soon.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts