Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
~KENTA~
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/the-kings-get-inked/

(Bristol, PA- September 2, 2010)- ROH officials are happy to announce that Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli have signed on to stay with Ring of Honor. For Chris Hero, it is an extension of his existing contract and for Claudio Castagnoli it is the signing of a new contract. The current ROH World Tag Team Champions have dominated in the tag team division since reforming at “Final Battle 2009”, and have had some of the most captivating bouts of 2010 including battles against The Briscoes at “The Big Bang” and “Death Before Dishonor VIII” as well as exciting singles bouts like Hero vs. Tyler Black at “Bitter Friends, Stiffer Enemies 2” and Castagnoli vs. Black at “The Bluegrass Brawl”.

“We are very happy to have Hero & Claudio on board with Ring of Honor for the foreseeable future.” said ROH President Cary Silkin, “These are two of the most talented wrestlers competing today, and it’s quite exciting to see how they will continue to excel not only in our tag team division, but in the singles ranks as well.”

Hero & Claudio will be in action next weekend with an ROH World Tag Team Title defense against Colt Cabana & El Generico in Plymouth, MA on Sept. 10th and a Dream Tag Team match-up against Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas on Sept. 11th at “Glory by Honor IX”.
Obviously great news for ROH. Personally, I feel they're two of the most eligible "indy" guys still out there not working for WWE or TNA so to keep them long-term is a great move.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
The fact that Hero & Castagnoli are not main eventing in WWE, NOAH, New Japan or AAA proves how stupid their bosses are, and how smart Cary Silkin is.

Hero, Claudio, Davey Richards, Prince Devitt, Go Shiozaki and Marufuji are the current best wrestlers in the world, 3 out of 6 of the best workers is pretty fucking amazing.

I forgot YAMATO.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Great news ,obviously .Very smart move by Cary .I thought it was a matter of time before one of the big companys picked them up,as mentioned there match against wgtt will catch the eye of alot of people.Now all i hope is they keep the tag titles for the rest of their contract .:D

·
Registered
397 Posts
The fact that Hero & Castagnoli are not main eventing in WWE, NOAH, New Japan or AAA proves how stupid their bosses are, and how smart Cary Silkin is.

Hero, Claudio, Davey Richards, Prince Devitt, Go Shiozaki and Marufuji are the current best wrestlers in the world, 3 out of 6 of the best workers is pretty fucking amazing.

I forgot YAMATO.
What makes this even more ridiculous is the word that Claudio was working in ROH without a contract for awhile. SO this guy was free and clear to be signed, yet it appears WWE and TNA never pursued.

WWE has obviously scouted ROH given that they signed Tyler Black. It makes me wonder why they fired Claudio when he was briefly signed years ago. It's weird that they haven't gone after him ever since.

·
7 years, 18 movies later ....
3,323 Posts
good move from them to sign these guys to new contracts they are big enough for the WWE and TNA should have snapped them up already.

·
CM Punk's Wife!
1,073 Posts
Why? Prince Devitt is definitely one of the best wrestlers, I wish they would book him in ROH for a weekend or something. Anyways this is really good news, does this mean Hero and Claudio aren't going to wrestle for EVOLVE any more too?

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Maybe, maybe not. Usually I would flat out say yes, but with both being world-traveling guys and always in demand if they really wanted to work for Gabe for Evolve they probably could.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Why? Prince Devitt is definitely one of the best wrestlers, I wish they would book him in ROH for a weekend or something. Anyways this is really good news, does this mean Hero and Claudio aren't going to wrestle for EVOLVE any more too?
As far as i know they still are gonna wrestle for Evolve and other indy promotions.Hero was under contract when he wrestled at Evolve 2 anyway so i assume he still will.

·
CM Punk's Wife!
1,073 Posts
I like Prince Devitt because he reminds me of Davey Richards. They need to have that match in ROH, that would seriously be so good. I know they had it in Japan earlier this year but I dunno, I don't like the atmosphere for NJPW matches for some reason

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Urgh, TNA missed the boat on Hero. Shame wwe is only going after really small guys these days because 4 years ago Hero and Claudio would be hot commodities for Vince.

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
The ROH contracts are worthless in reality. If WWE come in then Cary has said he wont stand in a wrestlers way if they want to make the move to WWE. Pearce has confirmed this as well. I doubt Hero & Claudio will be going anywhere anyway. WWE had their time with Claudio and it passed by because of visa and they havent gone back there and I'd imagine if they were genuinly interested in Hero then they would have tried to get him by now and TNA doesn't sound like a place that either would want to go even if there was interest. Shame because I could imagine them being great in WWE if they had a tag division.

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,600 Posts
Urgh, TNA missed the boat on Hero. Shame wwe is only going after really small guys these days because 4 years ago Hero and Claudio would be hot commodities for Vince.
What the hell at the last sentence. None of these 'really small guys', except Rey Mysterio, has touched a title. In the past year, 3 new 'big guys' won a World Championship.

^
Not sure I can really believe them doing well as a tag team in WWE. They are single star material in the company. Either way, doubt Hero will join the WWE. Hes a perfect fit, imo.

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
If the small guys line was in reference to Ki and Danielson then they're an exception because of how fucking good they are. Just look at that new Diva they signed for the next season of NXT and even Eli Cottonwood on the last season. They're only there because Vince loves big guys regardless of how they work. Saying Vince ONLY goes after small or big guys is stupid but he does favour big guys for sure.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
The ROH contracts are worthless in reality. If WWE come in then Cary has said he wont stand in a wrestlers way if they want to make the move to WWE. Pearce has confirmed this as well. I doubt Hero & Claudio will be going anywhere anyway. WWE had their time with Claudio and it passed by because of visa and they havent gone back there and I'd imagine if they were genuinly interested in Hero then they would have tried to get him by now and TNA doesn't sound like a place that either would want to go even if there was interest. Shame because I could imagine them being great in WWE if they had a tag division.
I'm sure this is true but, as I said in The Briscoes thread, it allows ROH to book them in a longer program than they'd otherwise be able to do. With these longer contracts they no longer have to worry about getting the belts off them at short notice if they announce they're leaving; they can still leave of course but can at least be booked to drop them in a way that gets the new champions over properly beforehand.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Good move to get Hero down, he could easily make it in either of the 'big 2', (and as much as it pains me to say it...) Claudio not so much.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts