Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen several posts about what a great team they are. They are good by virtue of both being good, but I don't see them adding much to each other. Their tandem offense, cut-offs and attempts to support each other are largely goofy or unimpressive. Maybe it's that the Briscoes feud hasn't impressed me as much as it did everyone else, but their singles matches completely outstrip their tag stuff. Hero's matches with Richards (PWG) and Black (ROH) were so much more fun than any KOW matches this year. Castagnoli bullying Ricochet at BOLA was better than any bullying match the KOW have done as a team. Wrestling individually they seldom break flow, they're on-target and reliably lead to sweet matches, as opposed to teams like ME or the Guns who almost always bring the best out of their partners. I'm almost always more interested by a card where they're in singles than tags.

Does anyone else feel this way?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I never seen any of their singles matches that I recall but I think they are a great team and loved matches

vs briscoes at dbdh
vs mcmg
vs wgtt at gbh
I never really seen any other matches cause I'm fairly new to roh but I think they should keep them together cause they are a good heel team for roh and I don't see that many tag teams in roh as it is

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
no

theyve thrown out their highflying/rolling moves they are focusing on their own characters that for one reason or another aren't perpetuating to the HWT

as a team however they are a shining light in a fledging cornerstone of this great sport

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
They're awesome anyway they go.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Yeah they are both better as individuals. Also Kings of Wrestling is a fucking terrible tag team name.

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
Absolutely. There's not much in the way of chemistry between them at all. Hero is fantastic individually and being in a tag-team is just a waste in my opinion. Why he's not main-eventing for the ROH title I do not know.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I've only been watching indy wrestling for a year so I've only seem limited stuff with them as a team but I think they make fairly good singles wrestlers however are better in team competition.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
Personally I think they're awesome either way.

The reason they were put back together, I guess, was to put them to one side so that they wouldn't just be hovering aimlessly in the upper-midcard singles ranks, while everything else played out. This way, when they eventually go solo again it should have a big impact.

Yeah they are both better as individuals. Also Kings of Wrestling is a fucking terrible tag team name.
They coined that name back when they were comedy antagonists. "Chris Hero" is a terrible name too but it came about for a reason and has now stuck.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Crabtree is right. When they re-formed, Claudio was stale as fuck and there was absolutely nothing going on with him. Hero was kind of lost in the shuffle as well after his feud with Kingston, but now they are the best thing going in wrestling. When they go back to singles it'll be a much bigger deal. Also, ROH has no other credible teams other than the Briscoes, who are a shell of their former selves. So while they may be better singles wrestlers, it makes a lot of sense to keep them as a team.

·
I like the wrestling parts best!
701 Posts
There's not much in the way of chemistry between them at all
That's an F'n egregious statement....NO CHEMISTRY??? WTF are u talking about. These two have been wrestling together/or against each other and have been friends for YEARS and it shows IMO. How can you possibly say the best team in wrestling. Period. Has no chemistry???? crazy......

also, I see no reason to not keep them together AND wrestle in singles matches after they drop the tag belts, I hate that teams always have to break up when the compete in singles, that's why I really was into what ROH did with the wolves this year.

·
Ramble On
11,085 Posts
They are awesome whatever they do. I don't see how anyone can say they don't have any chemistry together. Kings/Guns/Wolves are the three best tag teams in the world. I cannot wait for Kings vs Wolves, thats gonna' be crazy.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
That's an F'n egregious statement....NO CHEMISTRY??? WTF are u talking about. These two have been wrestling together/or against each other and have been friends for YEARS and it shows IMO. How can you possibly say the best team in wrestling. Period. Has no chemistry???? crazy......

also, I see no reason to not keep them together AND wrestle in singles matches after they drop the tag belts, I hate that teams always have to break up when the compete in singles, that's why I really was into what ROH did with the wolves this year.
i cant help but think BDK for some reason

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts
I enjoy them both either way. Two of the few guys left on the indies I can still say that about. I guess if I had to have it one way i'd rather see them as singles stars though.

·
Registered
534 Posts
They have the best chemistry out of any non-brother team today. They were basically meant to be a team, and it's a testament to their skills and charisma that they are just as good in singles as a team, which are both at an extremely high quality.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I like it this way, plenty of tag matches, plenty of singles matches. Actually watched Castagnoli vs Taylor from Evolve 3 for the first time today, Claudio's a beast.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts