Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kindergartner handcuffed, taken to police station after allegedly throwing tantrum -- and furniture

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...allegedly-throwing-tantrum-and-furniture?lite

The family of a 6-year-old Georgia girl is upset at police and school officials after the girl was handcuffed and taken to a police station for allegedly throwing furniture, tearing items off the walls and knocking over a shelf, which injured the principal.

"A 6-year-old in kindergarten?" Earnest Johnson, the father of Salecia Johson, asked with disbelief. "They have no business calling the police and handcuffing my child," he told WMAZ-TV.

Police defended their actions during the incident which occurred last Friday at Creekside Elementary School in Milledgeville, Ga.

"Our policy states that any detainee transported to our station in a patrol vehicle is to be handcuffed in the back. There is no age discrimination on that rule," Milledgeville Police Chief Dray Swicord told WMAZ-TV.

The family on Tuesday demanded that the city change its policy, the Associated Press reported, and claimed the girl was shaken up while at the police station.

The police officer called to the school later wrote that he "noticed damage to school property and possible assault of other students and staff. I made six attempts to contact her mother via telephone."

"I attempted to calm Johnson down," he wrote in his incident report. "Johnson then pulled away and began actively resisting and fighting with me."

The principal, Dianne Popp, said "a small shelf struck her in the leg while Johnson was throwing items at her," according to the police report, and that the girl "tried several times to get out of the office. Johnson was observed biting the door knob of the office and jumping on the paper shredder and attempted to break a glass frame above the shredder."

Johnson was charged with assault and damage to property, WMAZ-TV reported, but she will not have to go to court because of her age.

Johnson's mother, Constance Ruff, says her daughter was suspended until the start of the next school year.

"She has mood swings some days, which all of us have mood swings some days," she told WMAZ-TV. "I guess that was just one of her bad days."

Asked by msnbc.com if the suspension means the girl will be held back a year, a school official had "no comment" and said the principal would have to respond to that but was not immediately available due to school testing.

The school district superintendent, Geneva Braziel, called the student's behavior "violent and disruptive," the Associated Press reported.

---

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
That is just sad. Police chief using the excuse that it is policy to handcuff everyone in the back of a police car is laughable. Was the 6 year old going to attack the cop from the backseat and try to escape or something?

·
Premium Member
18,745 Posts
I can understand the school calling the cops since she was attacking the priciple from what i heard. but I don't think it'd be real hard for cops to restrain her. if she was just throwing a regular tantrum then i woulodn't get the police invovled.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,364 Posts
Fucking sad state of affairs for the cops, when they have to handcuff a 6 year old. Can they not handle a 6 year old girl?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
they couldnt get the parents?

·
Is a Snit Head
22,189 Posts
Probably a good lesson that they taught her. Shouldn't have done it without her parents consent though.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Don't think a 6 year old should be handcuffed and driven down to a police station just to be taught a lesson. And a parent would definitely not give consent to let them do that.

·
Great One?..
10,832 Posts
and It's fucking sad these cops will get medals and what not for there bravery, I hope that little girl's father shoots these cops right in the fucking head, handcuffing a fucking 6 year old? Why didn't they just beat her like they do other criminals than? Disgusting.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,686 Posts
lol @ all these people. She was biting door knob, I'm pretty sure she would have done other shit in the backseat in the car if not restrained. Her parents should have taught her not to do any of this shit and this wouldn't have happened.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Yeah I'm sure a trained cop wouldn't be able to handle a 6 year old door knob biter without the help of cuffs.

·
Premium Member
18,745 Posts
and It's fucking sad these cops will get medals and what not for there bravery, I hope that little girl's father shoots these cops right in the fucking head, handcuffing a fucking 6 year old? Why didn't they just beat her like they do other criminals than? Disgusting.
So because they did something you don't agree with you want them to die?

·
Super Moderator
25,840 Posts
Wow, and I thought the cops in my town sucked at their job. I mean handcuffing a six year old? Really? I'd love to see these cops handle "real" criminals.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Don't think a 6 year old should be handcuffed and driven down to a police station just to be taught a lesson. And a parent would definitely not give consent to let them do that.
I'm sure her single parent home is used to this junk.
Niggs just use public school as a free daycare while they wait for their welfare checks watching tv all day. Gotta have more kids so the idiot taxpayers pay for these niggs for life.

Take that worthless kid out of public school and lets see the worthless parent take care of their own trash.

·
Wrestling Forum's Ace Attorney
4,126 Posts
The cop was just following the rules, give him a fucking break. The 6 year old was going fucking ape shit at the school. What else was he supposed to do? Physically restrain her with his bare hands? Yeah that would look good for the press. He did what he thought was the best course of action. It may not have been a popular one, but it's better than some his other options he had. Love to see how his critics on here would handle the situation.....

·
Registered
137 Posts
I commend the cops for doing their job in this bad situation. The cops restrain the child not only to protect themselves and others, but to also to make sure the child didn't hurt herself. To all the people who disagree with the cops methods, just ask yourself what would have done in this situation.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts