Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Sheamus has just became the King of the Ring. I just hope he doesn't get stuck with a "king" gimmick ala Triple H or Booker T. Although there was some bitching about how hes already established etc, I think a KoTR reign for Sheamus is gonna do wonders for him, and I bet this leads into the inevitable fued with Triple H.

·
Asuka
96,361 Posts
They should've given it to Del Rio, and I dislike Sheamus, but right now I'm just insanely relieved they didn't give it to fucking Morrison. So yeah, all hail the fact that the king isn't the most annoying person on the roster. :side:

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
While my dream picks were ADR and DB, Sheamus was third. I'm more glad though that Morrison, Kofi or Jackson didn't win it.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
All Hail King Sheamus! To be honest, I'm kinda gutted, he's the one guy that doesn't need it and yet it gets handed to him once again. But thankfully Sheamus is good enough on the mic to gloat about such an achievement, as much as I wanted Morrison to win it, I don't think he can pull it off.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Honestly, Morrison, just not suited for it, not yet at the very least.

ADR, too new, IMO, though he'd make a great choice next year...

DB, he's getting well pushed without it at the moment, but if his push slows down, maybe in the future.

Jackson, uhhhhhh... no.

Kofi, would have been a great choice, but it was obvious when they first matched him up with Sheamus that it wasn't his night. Maybe more proof of his early year push being murdered(via Orton, too many botches, or just bad luck, who knows), maybe not, but while I belive he could have been a good king, it was certain he wasn't gonna win pretty damn quickly.

Rhodes, uhhhhhh... no, shouldn't have even been in the qualifiers, IMHO.

McIntyre, uhhhhhh... no... I was thinking 2nd round, but meh.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I was hoping for Morrison to win, oh well, but i don't mind King Sheamus, i'm sure he's gonna have a good run as a "king". I guess i can safely rule Sheamus out from Royal Rumble winner candidates now.

·
Asuka
96,361 Posts
ADR, too new, IMO, though he'd make a great choice next year...
Too new, why? This is King Of The Ring, not the Royal Rumble. It's like winning the IC or the US title, except with more weight and might be used for a push further down the line, and he's already getting a big push.

I don't see what the problem is. Hopefully if they do it next year, though, if he wins, he's already become world champion.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Far to predictable, give it a couple of weeks and during a promo about Sheamus being King, and Triple H will appear.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Once again making history, Sheamus has now become the first person to win the King of the Ring after multiple World title reigns. Dunno if that's a good or bad thing booking wise though.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
I don't see how people think Sheamus didn't need it. He's a top guy and w/o winning he would've been vastly overshadowed by Cena/Nexus and Miz being champ. With it, they'll be able to keep a relevant top guy and not end up like Swagger.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Glad Sheamus won it, felt he would win it when they gave him a by and they were playing up Morrison's injury as it would allow him to have an excuse for losing. People keep saying Morrison needs it more but even though I like Morrison and he's fun to watch I don't think he is ever going to be able establish himself as a main eventer. Sheamus whilst not desperately needing it can't really afford to keep jobbing all the time either, having him lose to JoMo twice in a row would hurt his chances of returning to main eventing anytime soon.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Worst choice to win it. Give it to dashing, would have been great

Hopefully they still have some type of push for morrison

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Far to predictable, give it a couple of weeks and during a promo about Sheamus being King, and Triple H will appear.
:( Please stop trying to jinx a Triple H return. Let him stay home, forever. Or at least don't come back on the tv screen

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Sheamus didn't need this, he'd get a feud with a returning HHH regardless of whether or not he refers to himself as the king of the WWE. It's a shame to see such a big push go to Sheamus, not saying he isn't talented, just not to the extent that his push would suggest he is

1 - 20 of 105 Posts