Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The KOTR, MITB and Royal Rumble are coming near. These three events are usually determining who will be the new stars in the company. So, what's your prediction on who will become the new stars for next year?

King of the Ring - Call me crazy but now i can see MVP winning this. It seems WWE are trying to rebuild him again with the new music and recent IC title shot he just got, and he's also getting mad over with the fans so i could see WWE trying to push him to the main event again. William Regal won this two years ago and he's a veteran, so maybe i can safely say another veteran will win this year, which will probably be MVP.

Royal Rumble - As much as i want a new guy winning Rumble next year, it will most likely be won by an established main eventer. But i'll give it a benefit of doubt anyway so my guess is John Morrison is gonna win it. Well, once he's done with Sheamus (probably at TLC) he'll be left with nothing to do and i won't waste his momentum he gains from defeating Sheamus (yes, i think he will) so i'd give the RR winner spot for him and maybe he'll challenge either The Miz (who perhaps cashes in at SS or Chamber) or Edge (who most likely wins the title at TLC) at Wrestlemania.

Money in the Bank - I can see Kofi Kingston winning this, he's been made to look so irrelevant nowadays so based on the pattern of some previous MITB winners who lacked any momentum before winning MITB (Miz, Swagger) i'm pretty sure Kofi will win this one.

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,631 Posts
Dunno about KOTR, Regal won it last time and look where he is now :( (all he got was a run as GM and awesome IC title feud with Punk but no serious push) I hope MVP does win it and they actually do something BIG this time.

For the RR, I would have Dolph Ziggler or Wade Barrett win that if it is a heel and for face it should be Show or JoMo.

If they have MITB @ Mania, I am leaning toward Kofi or Del Rio to win that.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
King of the Ring - Daniel Bryan
Royal Rumble - Sheamus
Money in the Bank - MVP

IMO.

Reactions: Yuffie Kisaragi

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
I dunno if it was a hint or whatever but Kofi Kingston was in the classic King of the Ring t-shirt at the old school Raw this past week. Maybe I'm looking into it too much.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
KOTR: King Booker. It will be MVP
Royal Rumble: Christian
MITB: Christian if he doesn't win the Rumble or Daniel Bryan.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dunno about KOTR, Regal won it last time and look where he is now :( (all he got was a run as GM and awesome IC title feud with Punk but no serious push) I hope MVP does win it and they actually do something this time.

For the RR, I would have Dolph Ziggler or Wade Barrett win that.

If they have MITB @ Mania, I am leaning toward Kofi or Del Rio to win that.
Regal screwed his big push by violating wellness policy, and i think there's a rumor he was supposed to feud with Triple H for the the world title before he got suspended but i don't know whether the rumor was gonna be true or not. But i think winning KOTR is still a big deal considering the past winners usually end up winning the WWE title.

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
The Royal Rumble will be wasted on somebody who's already become world champion. No new star made there. WWE's formula seems to be that you have to prove you're big enough to win the Rumble now.

Don't know who's winning KOTR. Del Rio is winning MITB if he's included, no doubt in my mind. He has a good chance to win both, actually. I could see Bryan winning KOTR too.

KOTR: King Booker. It will be MVP
Royal Rumble: Christian
MITB: Christian if he doesn't win the Rumble or Daniel Bryan.
MVP and Christian.....are people STILL believing this nonsense? It's over for them. Long over.

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,631 Posts
King of the Ring - Daniel Bryan
And Cole should be forced to do the whole Regal thing when Booker was King and he has to parade around with Bryan and say and I quote "All Hail King Daniel Bryan"

That my friends, is the gospel according to Extreme Angel and Jason93.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
I dunno if it was a hint or whatever but Kofi Kingston was in the classic King of the Ring t-shirt at the old school Raw this past week. Maybe I'm looking into it too much.
so was Daniel Bryan.

KOTR - Daniel Bryan. Think it would be cool if he did a heel king of wrestling gimmick.
RR - CM Punk if he's healthy by then. If not then Jericho or Christian if they're back by then. If neither of them are back, then Sheamus or ADR
MITB - Christian or Punk if they're back, if not then ADR if he didn't win the RR.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
And Cole should be forced to do the whole Regal thing when Booker was King and he has to parade around with Bryan and say and I quote "All Hail King Daniel Bryan"

That my friends, is the gospel according to Extreme Angel and Jason93.
I can just imagine him forcing Cole to kiss his ring :p

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
William Regal won the last KOTR. He's a jobber now.
Edge won the last Royal Rumble. He's already established, and hasn't done shit all year.
Kane won the SmackDown MITB. He's been with the company since 1995.
The Miz won the Raw MITB. He's yet to cash in.

Your logic is flawed.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Edge won the last Royal Rumble. He's already established, and hasn't done shit all year.

Your logic is flawed.
King Booker was also the recent good example of KOTR success on creating 'star', unlike Regal (who arguably was gonna win the title at some point had he not violate the WP) Booker actually won the world title and constant ME push on SD.

The Miz is gonna become champion eventually whether it's this year or next year.

RR i'd give you that but i still remain optimistic because WWE lack any new stars at the moment so perhaps they will decide to go out of the comfort zone and let a new guy winning.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Are they officially bringing back KotR? HOT PISS!

(that means good).

KotR would be the perfect launch pad for JoMo. I think MitB should be about 6 men. If they were to push some newblood in the Rumble, obviously I'd go for JoMo, but they don't. They'll just trot out the same old bruisers again.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Isn't this after they stopped making a proper PPV of it? One man out of all the kings? Come on!

To get back on form?

Probably got a couple of years left and the WWE didn't want to send him away with nothing but a kick up the arse?

So that the champion's supposed to watch his back. Like Edge did

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
By order of preference:

KOTR: Danielson, Punk and Ziggler.

RR: Christian, Punk and Sheamus.

MITB: ADR, Ziggler and MVP.

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,044 Posts
King of the Ring: Daniel Bryan or Alberto Del Rio
Rumble: Will probably be either Cena or Orton, but for the purposes of this i'll go with Barrett
Money in the bank: Kofi or Ziggler

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
KOTR and MITB should start creating new stars but for the Rumble, not really. A midcarder with no buildup like Christian or Morrison winning the Rumble would be stupid because then they'd only have two months to make them into a Mania main eventer. At least with the other two, there is time to build them up.

Bar the first couple of years when the concept wasn't fully established, a midcarder with no buildup has never won the Rumble. The Rumble should be for already established main eventers or people that are on the verge of superstardom.

The Rumble by itself has never created a star, everyone that has won it for the past twenty years have either been a main eventer or on the verge of becoming one and the Rumble win has put them in the position to become one by main eventing Mania.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts