Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Re: Why? Why?

Why the final of King of the ring is not at "Clash of champions"? I am sure that at the beginning of the tournament they said it would be.

Why the final segment on Smackdown wasn't promote any of the matches at this Sunday PPv?
The only thing I can think of is because their is 11 matches already.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts

I guess because since it is Clash of "Champions" they want all the titles to be on the line on the PPV, so titles matches that could have ended up off the card (Any of the 3 tag titles matches, IC or CW title match) will be on the card and the only other non title match on the show is the Roman match and Roman was already off Summerslam and they probably don't want him off 2 PPVs in a row.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

I've been saying "why" about shit WWE does for the past 15 years, never have gotten an answer and probably never will. It's best to just accept the stupidity.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts

I honestly felt like the Kickoff was made for the King of The Ring finals. It could have shown highlights of the tournament, past winners and past finals and whatnot.

·
Registered
175 Posts

I honestly thought myself that the KOTR Finals match was gonna be at COC. But seeing that there are an abundant of match already on the card and time constraints, there's no way the KOTR match could squeeze itself in. That's why the match is scheduled on RAW.

·
Banned
839 Posts

Most of the titles are absolutely redundant. Like two tag team titles when they can barely book creative feuds and match-ups for just ONE set of tag team titles, let alone two.

Then come the women. Oh dear, the whole boring bunch of fucking women. It's a joke itself if the women's championship were to even be considered equal to the US/IC/Cruiserweight championships. But what do they do? TWO women's championships and tag team titles! (RIP Wrestling)..as if more people are going to tune in to watch a bunch of women wrestle.

And then that abomination of a title that's WWE 24/7 championship. The Hardcore title was actually interesting. This one, not so much.

This PPV sucks ass. The way I'd have booked it was :-

Randy Orton(WWE champion) vs Seth Rollins(Yawnsome Universal Champ) (Randy destroys and beats Rollins)

AJ Styles(with the Club) vs Shinsuke Nakamura(with Sami)

Raw tag team champs Roode and Ziggler vs SDL champs New Day

No 1 contender's gauntlet match involving The Fiend, Braun Strowman, Cesaro, etc. (The Fiend wins, and this Strowman-Seth crap never happens)

KOTR finals.

And fill the rest of the card with tag team and women's wrestling garbage and whatever the hell.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I dunno, man. Are cheers really something a heel wants? Chants are okay, I guess.
I'm of the opinion that a reaction is better than no reaction. It means people care about you good or negative. Contrast Corbin to McIntyre who gets crickets during his entrance and matches. I'm not saying Corbin is better but it's the way it is now. Becky Lynch got cheered massively as a heel and look what happened to her. I think if you get a reaction, WWE will notice imo

·
Registered
45 Posts
Most of the titles are absolutely redundant. Like two tag team titles when they can barely book creative feuds and match-ups for just ONE set of tag team titles, let alone two.

Then come the women. Oh dear, the whole boring bunch of fucking women. It's a joke itself if the women's championship were to even be considered equal to the US/IC/Cruiserweight championships. But what do they do? TWO women's championships and tag team titles! (RIP Wrestling)..as if more people are going to tune in to watch a bunch of women wrestle.

And then that abomination of a title that's WWE 24/7 championship. The Hardcore title was actually interesting. This one, not so much.

This PPV sucks ass. The way I'd have booked it was :-

Randy Orton(WWE champion) vs Seth Rollins(Yawnsome Universal Champ) (Randy destroys and beats Rollins)

AJ Styles(with the Club) vs Shinsuke Nakamura(with Sami)

Raw tag team champs Roode and Ziggler vs SDL champs New Day

No 1 contender's gauntlet match involving The Fiend, Braun Strowman, Cesaro, etc. (The Fiend wins, and this Strowman-Seth crap never happens)

KOTR finals.

And fill the rest of the card with tag team and women's wrestling garbage and whatever the hell.

I actually think that both women championship matches (not the teg team championship match) are the most interesting match of COC.

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
Of course they did. You knew they would. One minute we had a tournament that was chugging along nicely and providing good matches, and somehow we ended up with semifinals featuring a triple threat on one side and a Shane McMahon day-of replacement (complete with dizzyingly stupid guest referee booking) on the other, culminating in a final of Baron F'ing Corbin against Chad "I don't even have my own merch" Gable. Shoot me.
It is a shame because it started really well. Great matches, a few strong contenders to win, and then it went to shit.

I've been watching the older ppvs and KotR can really elevate someone if done correctly.

I just fucking know they are going to give the winner the dreaded king gimmick fpalm

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
We get to watch the coronation of Baron Corbin as King which is probably what Vince wants anyways. The world gets to see him win the tournament. He's a tall guy and women love him. Over a short guy in Chad Gable. This is good shit pal! :vince

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,524 Posts
As much as this match was the only match I/m excited for at COC, WWE has a MASSIVE problem thesedays of PPV's being way too long. B and C Level PPVs shouldn't be 5-6 hours long, they need to shorten PPV's, its ridiculous, and I dont even watch them.

·
I WANT ALL THE MEAT!
1,280 Posts
Congrats to Corbin winning King of the ring. At the same time I can see wwe giving it to gable since they have been having corbin sit on the throne every week thinking he will become champion only to loose and go on a tyrant.

·
I WANT ALL THE MEAT!
1,280 Posts
You’ve gotta be by yourself. Ain’t nobody tuning in for a fuckin Bayley match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
only reason why i tune in to bayley matches is cause I like the way bayley looks :D

·
Registered
847 Posts
You guys really think the match would be bigger/ better at Clash of Champions? Lol. It would be a squeezed in mid card match on a b special event. Just about irrelevant. The old King of the Rings occaionally worked because it was the focal point of the ppv. Once you do 1 KitR match at "x" ppv it's value is already garbage. Having it Raw isn't any better but least they can give the match/ ceremony time.

·
Registered
753 Posts
No long-term plans. For anyone.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
King of the Ring Finals on "RAW" next week instead of Clash of Champions

Clash of Champions is already bloated as is. WWE currently has about 10 championships on the roster, so there’s already going to be about 10 matches on the card. Plus, Reigns vs. Rowan will also happen that night despite the fact that it isn’t a title match or even a number one contender’s match. Would’ve made a lot more sense to have that match on SmackDown and to have the King of the Ring Finals on the pay-per-view. But the fact that the latter’s taking place on Raw leads me to believe that they want to give it more time and have it main event the show. It’s still a bad idea since almost nobody likes Corbin or cares about Gable. Whoever wins, casual fans lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 57 of 57 Posts