Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
They couldn’t have bumped the Roman match to Raw instead to boost the importance of this tournament?

Stuff like this is why I stopped watching.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
The PRESTIGIOUS King of the Ring Tournament Final is too PRESTIGIOUS for a pay per view, only 'free' TV Raw is PRESTIGIOUS enough

·
Registered
24,001 Posts
On one hand I wish it were on PPV given it's the Finals of the PPV. On the other on Raw it won't be sandwiched with 10 other matches and will be given more of a spotlight.

Make it feel big and have a great match and in the end I won't really care.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Last 3 King of the Ring Finals:

- 2008 - William Regal defeated CM Punk on RAW.
- 2010 - Sheamus defeated John Morrison on RAW.
- 2015 - Wade Barret defeated Neville on an WWE Network special show.

None of them took place in a PPV.

Even when there was a King of the Ring PPV the Final was just a 10 minutes midcard match.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
So much salty Corbin hate tears here...

He got a huge pop and chants. But some of you will just keep on crying and denying his accomplishments. Corbin is going the distance. Live with it.
If he got a huge pop and chants he's not really doing his job as a heel now is he? Which is what Corbin marks have been insisting he does great for months now.

·
Premium Member
43,956 Posts
Clash of the Champions, by its very nature, is going to have a shit ton of title matches on it and is a loaded card right from the get go.

It is okay to save things for TV or for later shows instead of just building to a PPV and cramming everything onto that.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,876 Posts
They even managed to fuck up a KotR tournament? :lmao
Of course they did. You knew they would. One minute we had a tournament that was chugging along nicely and providing good matches, and somehow we ended up with semifinals featuring a triple threat on one side and a Shane McMahon day-of replacement (complete with dizzyingly stupid guest referee booking) on the other, culminating in a final of Baron F'ing Corbin against Chad "I don't even have my own merch" Gable. Shoot me.

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
I hope I'm not looking too deep into things, but Gable has been booked exceptionally strong over the past couple of weeks. He pretty much beat Andrade twice last week. He had him pinned for at least a 4 count after hitting the Chaos Theory, when Zelina distracted the referee. He still beat him after that. Then this week he beat Shane what? 3 times? First, he got the pin in like 10 seconds. Then he would've gotten the pin after the moonsault if it wasn't for the slow count. At the end, he still beat him, but this time by submission. And the rumours say that it was Vince's idea to have Shane take the spot in the match. With the strong booking that Shane has had, would Vince have him take the spot and get beaten like a punching bag if he didn't plan on pushing Gable? At this point, all of this would've been a waste if Corbin just wins at the end. I'll give them props that it's not obvious who's gonna end up winning and what their plans for the winner are.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Why? Why?

Why the final of King of the ring is not at "Clash of champions"? I am sure that at the beginning of the tournament they said it would be.

Why the final segment on Smackdown wasn't promote any of the matches at this Sunday PPv?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
He's trying to pop a rating by putting such a marquee match up between two huge stars with the important, prestigious KOTR on the line. This is like when WCW did Hogan vs Goldberg on TV to pop a rating. Truly brilliant 5D chess from Vince and Heyman.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts