Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE has moved the King of the Ring Finals from Clash of Champions to Raw next Monday.

Does it makes it more obvious about who is winning it?

Source @WWE on Twitter

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using Tapatalk

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
:heston Everything in this company is so last minute. And yes, to me, this does make it more obvious that Corbin is winning. I can't even explain to you why, I can't give you a reason, it just.....feels more obvious. :shrug

I can't wait for The Fiend vs Seth Rollins for the Universal title to be moved from HIAC to NXT to combat Attitude Era Wrestling on TNT.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,159 Posts
CoC is already bloated with what 11 title matches, plus Reigns/Rowan, giving it more time on Raw is probably the right move, although it could be argued it deserves a spot on the card more than Roman but you can't have him miss 2 ppvs in a row (although Bryan is).

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
CoC is already bloated with what 11 title matches, plus Reigns/Rowan, giving it more time on Raw is probably the right move, although it could be argued it deserves a spot on the card more than Roman but you can't have him miss 2 ppvs in a row (although Bryan is).
Here's an idea, maybe they shouldn't be so literal with the name "Clash Of Champions" and move worthless matches like Nakamura vs Miz off the card, or Cedric vs AJ for the US title, or any of the 3 tag matches, etc, to make some room for this. Not EVERY title NEEDS to be defended. At no other PPV would this ever happen, but because of a name, they pull stunts with what gets on it.

I think this is more a ratings stunt, though, especially considering the Network has no official sign off time for PPV's. They could quit at 3:30 in the morning if they wanted to.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
9,992 Posts
Corbin closing RAW as the king sounds dreadful. They're probably gonna bring Kurt Angle out there to eat an End of Days for more heat. Because nothing matters but heat right Vince?

I still don't understand the move. What babyface is Corbin gonna feud with as king? Is he just gonna come out every week cutting the same promo about how he's king and retired Kurt Angle?

·
Team AEW
2,982 Posts
Corbin closing RAW as the king sounds dreadful. They're probably gonna bring Kurt Angle out there to eat an End of Days for more heat. Because nothing matters but heat right Vince?

I still don't understand the move. What babyface is Corbin gonna feud with as king? Is he just gonna come out every week cutting the same promo about how he's king and retired Kurt Angle?
Remember what they did with Barrett? That's gonna be the same thing. He'll be feuding with the likes of Gable, Ricochet, Ali, Murphy, etc. Some midcarders. And also, he'll be losing to them, because it's "great" when you present yourself as the KING, but then fall flat right on your ass. Great heat, right?

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,420 Posts
It actually makes sense. Clash of Champions is a title-centric show outside of Roman/Rowan and that card is already way too crowded since the mandate is that "every title in WWE MUST be defended!" or whatever.

They must think putting the King of the Ring final on TV will provide a nice "hook" to grab viewers. Too bad it's so embarrassingly obvious who's winning, and it's not just because the final is on Corbin's home turf of Raw because that doesn't mean anything anymore.

·
8,000 Posts
It's indicative of how KOTR is viewed I suppose, CoC has too many matches but you could argue the finals are already more important than half the matches on the card (mainly because the majority of them are super thrown together) and not feel obliged to defend literally every title on the show. I think Corbin winning makes the most sense because what the hell would they do with Chad Gable and a king gimmick since it's basically always given to a heel now, but him getting to the finals is a surprise in itself so I could see them just going all the way with it to try and be shocking for the sake of it.

·
Registered
996 Posts
So much salty Corbin hate tears here...

He got a huge pop and chants. But some of you will just keep on crying and denying his accomplishments. Corbin is going the distance. Live with it.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
If any match should be off the card its Roman and Erick.

I mean I think its gonna be a hard hitting huge fight feel type match but givin what the ppv is about it doesn't belong. Should have kept the KOTR final on there and have Roman vs Erick on Smackdown. Give them like 20 minutes on there.

·
Registered
733 Posts
It seems the reason is because we already have 11 matches son the card, 10 title matches and a Roman match (because he can't miss 2 PPV's in a row right)? This is why I said months ago that Clash Of Champions should be what Survivor Series usually is now. Champion vs. Champions. That way you get 5 matches with champions and then you ca sprinkle in 3-5 more under card matches. Imagine a card of:

Seth Rollins vs. Kofi Kingston
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. AJ Styles
Bayley vs. Becky Lynch
New Day vs. The OC (the only reason Strowman and Seth are the champions is to advance their Universal Title feud)

As for the rest of the card it could be:
Drew Gulak vs. Libce Dorado vs. Humberto Carillo CW Title match
Alexa Bliss/Nikki Cross vs. Mandy Rose/Sonya Deville Women's Tag Title match
Chad Gable vs. Baron Corbin KOTR Final
Erik Rowan vs. Roman Reigns

That is 8 matches, perfectly fine and good card.

Also I believed they mentioned on Raw that R Truth is contractually obligated to defend his 24/7 Title, so unless it's a backstage skit, we have 12 matches

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I think it should happen at CoC because it would have been 13 years since the last KotR was on a PPV. As for the match I could see it going either way it could go on after the match with them in a feud like Helmsley/Mankind.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts