Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Discuss King of the Ring 2010 here

Next week a 3 hour special RAW is having King of the ring

So far Daniel Bryan , Sheamus , Ezekiel Jackson , & John Morrisson have qualified for KOTR and they keep playing up the fact that previous KOTR winners careers really took off after winning it. (Austin , HHH , Edge , Bret , etc)

So with that said & the fact that Miz just became WWE champion I'm really thinking John Morrisson has this... hes gonna be the KOTR , he beat Jericho & Sheamus clean and he has an extensive history with the current WWE champion so I think now is the time.

They have been giving Danielson a super push though so I kind of wonder , but at the same time I figure he has the US title and he just started with the company.

Big Zeke seems to be on a bit of a push too but I don't think they are ready to give him that kind of honor yet

Sheamus? Nah hes 2 time WWE champion , established 100% already so he doesn't need it.

However I think there maybe ... just maybe could be a chance that Alberto Del Rio goes over and becomes KOTR but he has to qualify by beating The "Bury" Show & Del Rio is very new in the WWE so IDK

So yep... my prediction is John Morrisson to win this thing since hes on a serious streak lately , has history w/ WWE champ The Miz , & has been with the company longer than the other guys in the KOTR tournament + his in ring skills truly are King-ly

·
Registered
290 Posts
I think Bryan should win it cause it would culminate the miz bryan feud that has been brewing since NXT premiered. also it would make miz look a lot better at wrestling as bryan gives whoever he wrestles a hell of a match

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
They should push Bryan to the moon he's been having great match after great match plus it will be a great story with the underdog winnign the big prize. But i think Sheamus is winning it.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
Daniel Bryan should continue running with the US title, he shouldn't win this. have him get screwed somehow. i'm enjoying his build too much to shoot on it too early.

i honestly would like Big Zeke to win it, but i don't see that happening.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
I can easily see a sheamus vs show final, giving sheamus the win. This would lead up to Triple H returning to claim his "King of Kings" spot.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think Bryan should win it cause it would culminate the miz bryan feud that has been brewing since NXT premiered. also it would make miz look a lot better at wrestling as bryan gives whoever he wrestles a hell of a match
I hadn't even thought of it that way... Bryan Vs. Miz... for the WWE title. As KOTR and the guy who beat Miz for the US title he could easily call Miz out for a WWE title match that way just like Morrisson could.

The simple fact that Bryan has been just tearing through everyone in his way it almost seems like they are trying to give him an undertaker-esque win-loss ratio (exaggerating a bit I know) so maybe... just maybe..

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I'm going with Del Rio. I don't see another choice because Sheamus won't benefit from the push at all, and Triple H is going to return soon, which means he'll probably cost him the tournament, Bryan needs to defend the US title and Morrison just can't ever seem to move up the ladder. Del Rio is a perfect choice and I'm guessing they maybe threw the part about being a descendant of kings into his gimmick with this push in mind.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Del Rio with his aristocratic nature should probably win it, and then boast about it, with Edge taking the WHC from Kane at TLC and then Edge-Del Rio at the Rumble.

·
Banned
328 Posts
I hope John Morrison wins. I'd also be happy with Cody Rhodes but I know that won't happen.

EDIT: If Big Show even makes it to the semi-finals, I will lose it.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm liking the varied responses , I like to see everyone thinking for themselves instead of everyone jumping on a bandwagon with the 1st person who came up with any decent logical prediction :agree:

Very good points on Del Rio , Sheamus , Morrisson , & Bryan as the potential winners.

I would be very , very dissapointed though if say Big show or someone won KOTR , but I wouldn't rule it out seeing as his already established giant ass & reys established midget ass won the Survivor series match.... which was also hyped as a springboard for careers.... and what about MVP? Could this finally be his time? What if he wins?

·
Registered
191 Posts
bryan needs this to be a credible main eventer to overshadow his size disadvantage. he can bost about how technical and good in the ring he is and him winning the king of the ring would validate his comments and wins when he beats bigger guys. they gotta give it to bryan. i dont see morrison ever drawing but bryan has a chance. his gimmick is refreshing and they need to take a chance on this guy. morrison would have been drawing by now if he could.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I think ALD will win by beating either Morrison or Bryan.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
I'm going with Del Rio. I don't see another choice because Sheamus won't benefit from the push at all, and Triple H is going to return soon, which means he'll probably cost him the tournament, Bryan needs to defend the US title and Morrison just can't ever seem to move up the ladder. Del Rio is a perfect choice and I'm guessing they maybe threw the part about being a descendant of kings into his gimmick with this push in mind.
YUP!!

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
I just got 3 words for this thread:

Alberto Del Rio

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I'm still disappointed Ted DiBiase didn't qualify, oh well. :(

I'm rooting for John Morrison now, Daniel Bryan doesn't need it as much as Morrison. And Rey could elevate Del Rio to the main event anytime he likes, so he doesn't need it as much as Morrison either.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Morrison. The WWE needs a new Main Event face, not another heel. Say what you will about him, but he's the best they got for the elevation.
Yep, it's long overdue for him to get main event push. I hope WWE finally wake up and do the right thing this time.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts