Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yes! This movie is perfect for someone in the right generation. This movie was all about Steve Wiebe's stark determination overcoming all obstacles to break Billy Mitchell's legendary record...in Donkey Kong. A fucking arcade game. The movie relishes these absurd circumstances regarding larger than life people, dedicating a large facet of energy into jostling with petty arcade cabinets. It's so crazy.

I don't watch documentaries a whole lot, but I really liked last year's "Exit Through the Gift Shop" and "Darkon." On the surface, the former is a movie about street art, but when the movie really reveals itself, it does it in a grand way. I would say this one is the better of the two but you might enjoy "Darkon." In concept, "Darkon" and "King of Kong" sound like similar movies. It's a documentary about LARPers' confessions about being outcasts in society and even deals with a Micro vs Macro perspective of life. They are, at the least, interesting documentaries

·
40,587 Posts
I need to see Exit Through the Gift Shop. King of Kong is brilliant, and Darkon is good too. Darkon just doesn't have Billy Mitchell, a guy that portrays himself larger than life, but really he's just a douche lol.

Man on Wire. Watch that. Confessions of a Superhero is good too.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just finished watching Confessions of a Superhero. Quality watch.
Got Darkon and American Movie lined-up aswell. Hopefully they're on a similair level.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts