Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have another topic about me and my girlfriend's family. But the responses got me thinking....

Do you think it is wrong for a wrestler to be Gay or Bi? Someone said that and it really got to me. Why is that wrong? It's already one of the most homoerotic forms of entertainment out there (next to MMA, pulling guard is really...just...ugh) and It's not like I'm gonna hold someone down and fuck them! Is it wrong and why?

·
Premium Member
14,286 Posts
No there should not be a problem and I think it's fine if gay or bi sexual people want to wrestle or do anything there just has human as everyone else. Orlando Jordan wrestles for tna and is bi. Chris Kanyon and Pat Patterson were wrestlers and were gay and I never heard of anything bad about them or anyone not wanting to wrestle against them.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Didn't Pat come out only after his career ended? I heard that he thought if he came out before then, he would be treated diffrently

·
Banned
2,954 Posts

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts
The only concern I could think of would be that HIV/AIDS is far more prominent in gay men than it is in straight men and the chances of them contracting something is far more likely and getting busted open the hard way or something could be a problem if they are unknowingly infected by it. They do tests for these, I know, but it wouldn't be impossible for someone to catch it right after they got a negative test and unknowingly spread it that way.

And I know what I said isn't exactly PC or whatever, but it's still the truth. I don't see anything wrong with being gay and being a wrestler, regardless.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
"YES IT IS CAUSE THEN HE'D BE ENJOYING A BEATING AND... LOUISE GIVE ME A BEER DAMMIT" -Angry Idiot Country Fisherman's opinion

My opinion: nope,no bad on that

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
It's everybody's Business, if someone is gay and wants to be a Wrestler, that is fine with me, but i wouldn't wrestle him, can't imagine somebody getting an orgasm while he has somebody in an Bear Hug. Would really gross me out.

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
There's nothing wrong with it but it's not our opinion that really matters. If a promotion/promoions wrestlers has a problem with it is your bigger worry.

·
KILL BECKY KILL
3,192 Posts
I don't care, but I dislike when they try to turn it into a gimmick.

It nearly always happens, as its a cheap way to get over, but its out of place in the modern world imo.

I think the OP would get on with Loneshark btw. If i'm not mistaken he's another bi (ex) indy wrestler?

·
Men of Mayhem
7,330 Posts
The only concern I could think of would be that HIV/AIDS is far more prominent in gay men than it is in straight men and the chances of them contracting something is far more likely and getting busted open the hard way or something could be a problem if they are unknowingly infected by it. They do tests for these, I know, but it wouldn't be impossible for someone to catch it right after they got a negative test and unknowingly spread it that way.

And I know what I said isn't exactly PC or whatever, but it's still the truth. I don't see anything wrong with being gay and being a wrestler, regardless.

I agree somewhat with this. But everyone is subject to HIV testing, so that is completely politically correct.

It may make some people uncomfortable, but like said above, nobody is going to be unprofessional about it (unless they don't care about their career).

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
So many guys are under this false illusion that if a man is gay, he is attracted to you. Well not every woman is attracted to you {Waits for 20 "speak for yourself" style replies} so why should it be any different? Dancing is one of the activities closest to sex and you get circles of guys fist-pumping in clubs everywhere.

Until a match goes horribly wrong and Orlando Jordan ignores the script and buttfucks Rob Terry live on Impact, I don't think it's gonna' be a problem.

Hell, when Jericho fueded with Chyna there wasn't any threads asking if Jericho would get too horny and fuck her on TV.
Then again, it was Chyna.
It's already one of the most homoerotic forms of entertainment out there
Only if you interpret it as so. It's possible to pick flaws in anything as long as you use smart wording. While you say homoerotic, I could say that MMA is like modern day gladiators and therefore the most hetro thing possible.

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
Its fine if you keep it to yourself, personal life and working life are two totally different things.

But seeing as you've gone round this forum declaring it, just states that you are infact an attention seeking little fag.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts