Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean he's the worst in the ring out of Nexus and pretty much the whole WWE and now he has a title ? Over Gabriel or Slater ? wtf

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Re: Kinda Funny How Otunga Is the First Nexus Member to Win a Title. What Do You Thin

It's pretty laughable considering he's miles behind the rest of the Nexus in terms of workrate. However, Vince seems intent on pushing him so I suppose it makes sense. Really wouldn't be surprised if he and Cena dropped the titles right back to Drew and Rhodes tonight though to further the dissension.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Re: Kinda Funny How Otunga Is the First Nexus Member to Win a Title. What Do You Thin

It's a good thing he won a useless title because he sucks monkey cock.

·
Banned
4,479 Posts

I think they're doing to use it to further wedge him and Barrett apart.
He can do the whole "Yea , I won my title lastnight." type of thing.

but I agree with Pyro... if a joke of a wrestler has to win a title ...might as well be a complete joke of a title

·
Registered
914 Posts

He didn't exactly 'win' it either, Cena basically took on Drew and Cody and beat them on his own. Otunga's gimmick of living off other people's success continued.

Even Khali's World title reign had more credence. Even Slater would have been a better partner for Cena.

Barrett as WWE champ, Gabriel as US champ and Cena/Otunga tag champs after SS is a possibility.

·
Registered
357 Posts

lol the thumbnail of the vid in your sig looks like someone who is being forced it suck monkey penis

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts

I know it's kinda sad but Otunga winning before Barrett was so funny because all day you hear the Barrett marks screaming "OTUNGA SUCKS! HES DA WORST OUT DAH NEXUS" but he wins a title before the supposed "best" in the Nexus.

·
Offto Club?
1,275 Posts

The guy is terrible in most areas. But the area he isnt terrible in is playing a good bad guy. Thats proberly why he was picked to win the titles with Cena.

·
Offto Club?
1,275 Posts

I know it's kinda sad but Otunga winning before Barrett was so funny because all day you hear the Barrett marks screaming "OTUNGA SUCKS! HES DA WORST OUT DAH NEXUS" but he wins a title before the supposed "best" in the Nexus.
Thats because Barret is too good for the tag team title and the WWE title is harder to obtain than the tag team title....

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts

Thats because Barret is too good for the tag team title and the WWE title is harder to obtain than the tag team title....
Umm isn't Cena holding the tag titles right now and he's the top guy in the company? So how is Barrett too good?

But I get your point but still it's funny that the guy that everyone hates the most wins a title before the guy that everyone loves the most.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts

He didn't exactly 'win' it either, Cena basically took on Drew and Cody and beat them on his own. Otunga's gimmick of living off other people's success continued.
Interesting , his leech gimmick from real life is carrying over into the wrestling world

I've always said that one day David Otunga will reveal to us that he actually doesn't suck and was just messing around or something. Like maybe Mr.McMahon likes Otungas "IT" factor so much that hes willing to over-ride the completely fixable via training wrestling skills department part and make him a mega star anyway

They do this kinda stuff sometimes , Kelly Kelly was like literally no wrestling experience at 1st but now she can do hurricanranas and shit.

People have always insulted the ring skills of many guys with bodies like Otungas (Batista , Cena) , so really this just means he has even less learning to do to be where anyone expects him to be

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts

Meh, they will probably hold and defend the titles under the freebird rules.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts

Pyro™;8986430 said:
haha, james would be proud of you

seriously though is Jackson Cena really that bad? oh wait wrong one, ah well question still stands

·
Banned
4,312 Posts

They got something planned for him...who knows though with the horrible Raw booking team. He still got squashed by Cena just like everyone else though.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts

They got something planned for him...who knows though with the horrible Raw booking team. He still got squashed by Cena just like everyone else though.
does anyone else think that all of Nexus and Bryan are just going to be future jobbers

Cena shall reign for the 1Oth time and the fun will begin all over again

·
Registered
1,624 Posts

Don't worry, I have a feeling Barrett will allow any 2 members of Nexus to defend the tag title belts. TBH, Gabriel and Slater would be the best combo.

·
Banned
417 Posts

Wait, no "Wendy's/Slater's face looks like an asshole/<random expletive> haircut, ...got!" comments yet?

I'm impressed. Please, somebody prove me wrong here. I must be dreaming.

·
Registered
813 Posts

I think they specifically picked Otunga just so he could leach off of Cena. Seems like they're going to carry his real life personality into his wrestling persona - someone that's just along for the ride, in the right place at the right time, and way too excited about things that he didn't really earn. Sooner or later that'll catch up with him in the Nexus, creating a decent storyline.

·
Banned
417 Posts

I think they specifically picked Otunga just so he could leach off of Cena. Seems like they're going to carry his real life personality into his wrestling persona - someone that's just along for the ride, in the right place at the right time, and way too excited about things that he didn't really earn. Sooner or later that'll catch up with him in the Nexus, creating a decent storyline.
Yeah, the way that the announce team was making it out, this is the direction I was thinking they would go with him. Add that with the fact that it will create a rift between him and Wade Barrett, plus the rest of Nexus wanting to try to achieve their own gold, will somehow be apart of John Cena's "master plan" of destroying Nexus from the inside out.

Seems the logical way to cloes out the feud, IMO, and could help develop Otunga's character while not really putting the spotlight on his in-ring skills -- a cop out of sorts, you could say.

I'd rather not see him on my TV, but hey, they turned Miz into a wrestler... if they plan on keeping him long haul, there's nothing I can do except hope for a steroid allegations mailing list, taxi cab woman beating, or a tag team match against oncoming traffic. I doubt any of those will happen, so optimism is the only answer.

:sad:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts