Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shortly after being released from the UFC, it was announced that Kimbo Slice will be crossing over to boxing. That hasn't gone so well though cause a few months later, Gary Shaw mentioned that Kimbo's debut has been pushed back sometime in 2011 because he can't seem to stay focused on it. So what's next for the career of the most watched fighter in MMA?

Pro Wrestling. Today, it was officially announced that the next step for the former YouTube sensation is to take on sumo wrestler, Shinichi Suzukawa, in an "IGF championship" tournament bout. Antonio Inoki's pro wrestling event happens on February 5th, and will also be featuring Strikeforce heavyweight contender, Josh Barnett.
The guy is getting into pro wrestling and he's popular like hell. He would definitely draw some ratings for TNA and we know now that he's interested in pro wrestling. Dixie should offer the guy a contract.

·
Registered
107 Posts
As much as I hate him I'm guessing Dixie will offer him a contract. Boy If he does end up in TNA I sure as hell won't enjoy it, but maybe he could help TNA abit. I doubt rating would increase much after maybe his debut but who knows.

·
Banned
212 Posts
Meh. I hope your not serious about offering him a contract. He's not very good at anything besides punches, kicks. If anything, make him Pope's bodyguard or something but he has no business in pro-wrestling.

I will admit, it would be a good investment if they can turn him into a legit wrestler.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
Kimbo doesn't seem to be the committed type.

·
Registered
884 Posts
kimbo's too old now. but i do like the bodyguard idea with pope. see'n how pope's back down from joe and have kimbo knock him out.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kimbo's too old now. but i do like the bodyguard idea with pope. see'n how pope's back down from joe and have kimbo knock him out.
36 years old...not that old. You teach him 5 or 6 moves. I'm sure he can learn fast about the business and could do a decent job.

·
Banned
315 Posts
Shamrock was 33 when he got his start in the WWE.

Kimbo is a fairly big name and I don't think there's any question he'd bring a lot of attention to TNA. If he's available and everything is reasonable (his asking price, attitude and commitment), I'd say go for it.

·
Banned
9,124 Posts
Kimbo's not a good fighter. Undoubtedly the single most overrated fighter in MMA. And that's no joke.

If anything, he might be one of the few people to join TNA and it actually repair their image considering he's no doubt getting tired of being knocked out lately in the octagon.

·
LadiesMan217
948 Posts
Is there some reason people don't believe he'd be commited? On the Ultimate Fighter he seemed like all he wanted was to learn more and get better and better.

·
Registered
107 Posts
@I know its Kojima Well for one in the quote it clearly says he couldn't stay focused on his boxing career so instead of sticking with it or something he just leaves and decides he wants to be a pro wrestler.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Dear God this sounds like something that would actually happen. This guy needs to stay far away from any ring, and go back to street fighting where no one will care about him.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Is there some reason people don't believe he'd be commited? On the Ultimate Fighter he seemed like all he wanted was to learn more and get better and better.
ya no shit he acted like he was committed on a TV show about training to fight what was he supposed to say? that he was the best fighter in the world. He was hyped up as the best fighter in the sport and failed miserably of course hes going to try and repair his image as some nice humble hard working guy.

Anyways... he lives in Florida so that helps him a lot, but I think he/managers will have way too high of an asking price and frankly I dont think that Carter is that dumb. She could prob bring in MVP and couple other guys for just as much combined. Kimbo has no mic skills and for the most part is looked at as a joke now. But if he can take a fat pay cut then he usually asks its likely

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
his less than stellar gas tank may be a detriment to him becoming a good pro wrestler. I doubt he could do a match longer than 10 minutes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.