Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The absurd blend of humor and horror found in Killer Klowns from Outer Space has developed the film a passionate following, with fans hoping to see a continuation of the narrative in some capacity. During a recent convention appearance, creators the Chiodo Brothers tease that there is a revived interest in the property which could lead to delivering fans the continued adventures of the film.

"I used to say don’t hold your breath, but things have been happening right now… I would say you can hold your breath now,” the filmmakers shared at Son of Monsterpalooza. “The success of IT recently has kind of educated some of the people in the industry that… clowns are cool, clowns are scary… they’re looking at horror properties now more seriously than ever. I can say, something will be happening with Killer Klowns from Outer Space in the near future. Absolutely. "
:mark:

:fingerscrossed

One of my favourite movies from when I was a kid and one that did scare me somewhat as, as a kid, I was always uneasy with clowns lol. They've been trying to make a sequel since the first one came out and hopefully something really is finally happening with it.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I still remember the original from when I was a kid lol. I'd honestly be shocked if a sequel was made though. I'm pretty sure that there is a cult following of this, but enough to justify a sequel?

·
Registered
12,684 Posts
I still remember the original from when I was a kid lol. I'd honestly be shocked if a sequel was made though. I'm pretty sure that there is a cult following of this, but enough to justify a sequel?
Agreed.

As much as I’d FUCKING LOVE to see a sequel, movies are a business, if a sequel were made it would have to be made dirt cheap to have any hope of making money.

But then what do I know, plenty of horror movies have been released with low expectations only to make millions.

Maybe enough people remember seeing the case at Blockbuster as kids to make Killer Clowns 2 a success. Lol

·
Premium Member
9,413 Posts

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3528600/syfy-make-killer-klowns-outer-space-critters-films-exclusive/

Syfy to Make ‘Killer Klowns from Outer Space’ and ‘Critters’ Films [Exclusive]

We’re bringing all the treats this Halloween season and have just learned of some massively exciting news regarding two beloved 1980’s classics.

Bloody Disgusting is hearing exclusively that Syfy is in talks to license the rights to make new feature films based on the Chiodo brothers’ Killer Klowns from Outer Space (1988) and Stephen Herek’s Critters (1986).

While Critters has seen multiple sequels, fans have been clamoring for a Killer Klowns followup for decades. In the film, aliens who look like clowns come from outer space and terrorize a small town. Syfy is making franchise reboots part of their new business model with a perfect example being Leprechaun Returns, set to premiere in March of 2019.

Critters is also sci-fi-themed and followed a group of small, furry aliens that make lunch out of the locals in a farming town. Leonardo DiCaprio made his film debut in the third Critters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts