Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm right in saying that nobody has kicked out of an RKO in quite a while, at least not since Orton's "face turn".

Now I'm not the biggest fan of people kicking out of someone's signature move but on rare occasion is does add to a situation,
So I'm wondering, which wrestler do people think the WWE will next let kick out after an RKO? Or do people not think it will happen unless he turns heel again?

Btw, I'm not counting instances where there's a delay inbetween the RKO and the pin. I mean a pin right after the RKO.

Personally, I don't see anyone but Cena being allowed to kick out of it, unless Orton has another match against Taker at WM.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
It will probably be Cena or Taker, though I don't see Randy facing either of them anytime soon.

If they have Miz kick out of it, I'm bricking my tv.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
It's similar to the Stunner when Austin was a mega face in 98. No one kicked out of it except for The Rock and Taker. And that was only in big match situations.

I mean it makes sense though...you can't have the finishing move of your most strongly booked mega face not finish things off everytime it is hit.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
I'm not a fan of people kicking out of finishers but I guess it would make sense for someone too at Wrestlemania. I don't see him facing Taker there, so that won't happen. As for Cena, you never really know..

Or you could be like Matt Morgan and kick out of the Twist of F(H)ate four times..

·
Legend
1,715 Posts
It will probably be Cena or Taker, though I don't see Randy facing either of them anytime soon.

If they have Miz kick out of it, I'm bricking my tv.
No offense to any Miz marks, because I like the Miz myself and have been a fan of him since he joined the company, but he will most likely never get to that status where he is able to kick out of the RKO. Or any finisher for that matter. But if they build him as a credible champion during his SECOND reign (because he will most likely have one) and he somehow manages to turn face, he might actually gain the "ability" to kick out of finishing moves. But as of now he is not at that level yet.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Wow, kicking out of an RKO....

I- I've never even thought of someone doing that.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, 'finishers' do have a tendency to 'finish' people. Unless youre in TNA ofcourse, where even the audience members have kicked out of an Angle Slam atleast once.
Yeah, if it was TNA even Hornswaggle would be able to kick out after a punt to the head

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Yes, 'finishers' do have a tendency to 'finish' people. Unless youre in TNA ofcourse, where even the audience members have kicked out of an Angle Slam atleast once.
It's true, you know. Usually when I see finishers being used as regular moves, it angers me, but when Orton used the Angle Slam on Raw, it barely registered. I'm just not used to seeing people get pinned after that move anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
I can understand finishers being protected, but it's also always a foregone conclusion when they're hit. I think we need to see more shock kickouts, and NOT the kind that come after a long delay from the finisher because they're predictable as all hell. Thing is, only superfaces get to do them, and it's almost always obvious when it's going to happen (Cena with any finisher). I want to see at least one rising up and coming face pull a shock kickout to put them over. WWE keeps saving it's biggest moments for their big stars only.

·
Asuka
96,367 Posts
They'll let Triple H do it if they have a face vs face encounter. He's going to be booked like Superman x2 when he comes back. Cena, maybe, but I'm not so sure. His booking has been downgraded a bit.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Swagger beat Orton in a clean match, if the miz is to kick out of the RKO it would probably be because orton would be delayed from pinning Miz for a while.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Better question is how does a guy who's been in the main event for almost six years not have anything close to submission finisher at all? As far as kicking out of any finisher, should be done sparingly.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I just hope they do it for he next "childhood dream" storyline having the uprising guy kick-out of it

Better question is how does a guy who's been in the main event for almost six years not have anything close to submission finisher at all?
Triple H,Batista (if you don't count that shitty finisher in his last match on Raw),Austin,Undertaker,Hogan,and much more people say hi

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
i like how no one's doing it. cuz when it happens, i'll probably lose my shit and mark out.

that was probably the thing i hated most about Attitude Era wrestling, besides the overall quality in general. every main event PPV match, you'd see the guy perform his finisher, then his secondary finisher, then his opponents finisher, then his finisher, then his opponents secondary finisher, then a new submission just for kicks, then a dirty title belt to the head shot, then his finisher, then his best friends finisher, then his finisher he uses on his wife at night, and then his finisher, and finally wins.

wtf is that? it's a finisher, it should have meaning. the RKO has meaning, and when someone kicks out, it's going to mean that much more.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I think that there should be more finishers, each superstar should have at least three: a slam, a submission and an aerial. That way matches are less predictable and repetitive.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I can understand finishers being protected, but it's also always a foregone conclusion when they're hit. I think we need to see more shock kickouts, and NOT the kind that come after a long delay from the finisher because they're predictable as all hell. Thing is, only superfaces get to do them, and it's almost always obvious when it's going to happen (Cena with any finisher). I want to see at least one rising up and coming face pull a shock kickout to put them over. WWE keeps saving it's biggest moments for their big stars only.
like they did with jomo vs seamus or cody vs masters. Not shock so much as throwing a combo with 3 signatures.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts