Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else agrees that ROH should make Kevin Steen their version of Stone Cold Steve Austin, or something like that, the ultimate badass, anti-hero, The Biggest Motherfucker? Of course, not until Miami WM shows next year, it is very important that they go through the "Corino Recovery" storyline and Davey's title reign. But next year, they should make Steen their #1 guy, so he can feud with Richards for that spot, I guess.

I mean, think about it. Steen as a tweener - everybody would cheer him, even against El Generico or Davey Richards. Hardcore fans love the current version of him, but if they tone him down little bit, new fans will go crazy too. His Mr. Wrestling thing has some great marketing potential too. Steen has a potential to be ROH's biggest draw, and I think that his eventual World Title match with Davey Richards on a iPPV will sell out any venue they are in, do their biggest iPPV number ever.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
He's the best psychotic heel in the business. Like if Vader and Mick Foley had a kid, and he was injected with Scorpio genes, that'd be Kevin Steen.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Has Steen done a great job as heel, arguably so but as a draw that is up in the air. The thing is that your character is only as effective as the person you're using it against in my opinion. I agree that Steen can't draw heat so a tweener is the way to go ala Randy Orton. Who does he have to play this persona off of though? Right now the choices are Davey, Eddie & Roderick. Can they effectively complement his character for long term angles and how will these roles come across on TV?

Throwing the above out of the window, more than anything I think that the ROH brass has made it pretty clear that Davey Richards is the new golden boy for the promotion so I don't think that they're going to put Steen over Richards in the long term pecking order of things.

·
Sorry bout your damn luck
3,483 Posts
ROH could do so much with Steen in the coming months, it is so exciting to think about ho all this will play out. I'm looking forward to seeing him have a one on one fight with Corino, and more-so in the thought of Steen finally getting his hands on the ROH world strap.

I have been a big fan of Steen's since he split from Generico, and his work previous to that and after has been brilliant.

Speaking of Steen and Corino, if he is not fighting Richards by Final Battle I can envision Corino vs. Steen in a fight without honor. What a perfect way to end their relationship then with an unsanctioned all-out brawl.

Good time to be a ROH and a Kevin Steen fan that's for sure. :D

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
Steen won't be wrestling before the year is out.

It'll be next year until he's back as an ROH roster member, however it comes about.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Look, a man with a great micro and with the knowledge of how to work a character will ever be SO MUCH marketable than a crazy monkey that doesn't know how to talk.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts