Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the thing folks. Pulling up the curtain little bit. I have a similar frame to Kevin Owens in the mid 00s. Very angular build, short neck, short limbs, big ass head. I'm 6'3" 200 lbs and i don't have an ounce of fat on. But i used to have a big, big gut. That's our hunter gatherer genes kicking in, go look that up, we store food in our guts. He lives in Quebec, my ancestors are from Lapland, it figures.
I'm sure the guy does weight training and has advanced muscle mass. He reminds me of Johnny K-9 from back in the day.
But people would slam this guy for being overweight, absolutely fucking slam him, and give Adam Cole and The Bucks a pass, they might be more cut than him, but they look non threatening to say the least.

Inviato dal mio SM-A125F utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Brock Lesnar by all accounts, eats healthy and is an absolute gym rat, does he look super cut to you? That's fine, it's not a modeling agency folks.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
He is overweight, but I don’t see the issue. No one was bothered about Mick Foley’s size back in the AE.
Mick Foley had the charisma and character to overcome his physique limitation. Furthermore Mick Foley was a crazy motherfucker who threw himself off HIAC, get spears through tables on fire etc.

Kevin Owen does not possess any of the above.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
That's our hunter gatherer genes kicking in, go look that up, we store food in our guts. He lives in Quebec, my ancestors are from Lapland, it figures.
so people from Quebec are more inclined to have bad physiques? Benoit, Renee Dupree, Sylvain Grenier are all from Quebec and they don't have a physique like Owens. and you can't say it's just steroids, Benoit had a great physique even before steroids. I don't think Owens makes weightlifting that much of a priority. If he does, he probably does the bare minimum required to be fit enough to wrestle but not with any intention of improving aesthetics. I mean it's obvious that's the case. We've seen many wrestlers like Ciampa, Mahal, Mcyntire, Elias, Ryker, Strowman make some huge body transformations and Owens has had more of less the same physique the entire time he's been in the WWE.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We've seen many wrestlers like Ciampa, Mahal, Mcyntire, Elias, Ryker, Strowman make some huge body transformations and Owens has had more of less the same physique the entire time he's been in the WWE.
I disagree, he has lost a considerable amount of weight. You can see jt in his arms, legs and face, i can assure you, the guy is no overeater.
I'm not saying all Quebecois tend to gain weight, but some do, how do you know he doesn't have an eskimo ethnic background, as a matter of fact, i think he does.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Here's the thing folks. Pulling up the curtain little bit. I have a similar frame to Kevin Owens in the mid 00s. Very angular build, short neck, short limbs, big ass head. I'm 6'3" 200 lbs and i don't have an ounce of fat on. But i used to have a big, big gut. That's our hunter gatherer genes kicking in, go look that up, we store food in our guts. He lives in Quebec, my ancestors are from Lapland, it figures.
I'm sure the guy does weight training and has advanced muscle mass. He reminds me of Johnny K-9 from back in the day.
But people would slam this guy for being overweight, absolutely fucking slam him, and give Adam Cole and The Bucks a pass, they might be more cut than him, but they look non threatening to say the least.

It's not because he looks bad it's because he would have a lot more attention if he got a little more in shape. At least that's what most think.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Brock Lesnar by all accounts, eats healthy and is an absolute gym rat, does he look super cut to you? That's fine, it's not a modeling agency folks.

Lesnar is explainable.

1. He's mid forties.
2. He's taken enough growth hormone in the past and the common side effect is that it protrudes your abdominals giving the appearance of 'gut'. Common in pro bodybuilders. Even when Lesnar shreds it would still protrude for this reason.
3. Owens is just fat. That's all there is to it. I don't care either way, but why do people feel the need to explain it away rather than just stating it? He's overweight, plain and simple. You either care that he's fat, or you don't (not you personally), but he is what he is. He could lose the fat, but he chooses not to. End of story.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Jones and Krin

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
If WWE listened to whatever crazy takes people said in this forum, it'd have either gone under years ago, or we'd have Roman Reigns for 6 hours, or a bunch of charisma-killing muscle heads that have no personality just constantly posing and flexing and looking intimidatingly at everything because oh my my god, he's so scary he needs to hold the belt he needs to be pushed why the fuck do these skinny/fat little men get the belt oh look more guys with actual personality are released but nothing was lost because fuck me I need more muscles in my face.

It's actually mind-boggling how people still believe huge ass muscles = athlete. You look at the Olympics for maybe just 5 seconds and you legit see all kinds of different shapes and sizes doing crazy thing. Not just muscle-laden 6'8 giants roaming the land. I don't get it. Being in the gym and lifting weights doesn't make you an athlete. Lebron James doesn't look anything as intimidating compared to Brock or Bobby. The discus throw in the Olympics has quite a number of people with big bellies, but they shouldn't get the gold because they have a gut.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
It's actually mind-boggling how people still believe huge ass muscles = athlete. You look at the Olympics for maybe just 5 seconds and you legit see all kinds of different shapes and sizes doing crazy thing. Not just muscle-laden 6'8 giants roaming the land. I don't get it. Being in the gym and lifting weights doesn't make you an athlete. Lebron James doesn't look anything as intimidating compared to Brock or Bobby. The discus throw in the Olympics has quite a number of people with big bellies, but they shouldn't get the gold because they have a gut.
I mean, tennis, golfing and curling are sports. but a pro bodybuilder or a sizable athlete that definitely draws people's attention. Wrestling is a visual show. there is a certain aura some wrestlers have when they walk into a room, even if you don't know they're a wrestler you know they're someone famous or a pro athlete. Owens doesn't have that type of aura. If he walked into a mall, he wouldn't be turning heads from non wrestling fans.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
I mean, tennis, golfing and curling are sports. but a pro bodybuilder or a sizable athlete that definitely draws people's attention. Wrestling is a visual show. there is a certain aura some wrestlers have when they walk into a room, even if you don't know they're a wrestler you know they're someone famous or a pro athlete. Owens doesn't have that type of aura. If he walked into a mall, he wouldn't be turning heads from non wrestling fans.
You wouldn't be saying that for Mick Foley either, unless you give him 1) the time and 2) the mic. A lot of posters here like to talk a lot about Mick's charisma, but the reality is, if you don't give them the screen time, they do become what you say - those guys who just get lost in the middle of the mall. Same for Dusty Rhodes.

You are def right in saying Wrestling is a visual show. But the problem is that KO can actually wrestle. Visually, in the ring, he's fun to watch. It's what in-between that people get hung up over. What about the mic? He's great at that, too! Not as great as Mick or Dusty, but he hooks you. That's 2 out of the 3 required visual and audio things needed to connect to a crowd. But people get hung up over the fact that he looks like a mall cop, that you just have to wonder - what the fuck is the point when the only thing that matters is that you look like an athlete, but visually in every other category, you're absolute trash?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Kevin Owens would look horrible slim. Just imagine a skinny KO lol. I think his look sets him apart. He looks like a pissed of truck driver about to fight in the bar.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts