Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kevin Owens the next Brock Lesnar?

After last night it looks like Triple H is very high on Kevin Owens, and in the fashion he beat Zayn do you think Owens will be the next Brock Lesnar? The booking of Owens so far is similar to Lesnars recent run, destroying the beloved (in Cena's case by women and children) champion. And than destroying all comers until ultimately beaten by the hero (Zayn and Reigns/Bryan). What do you think?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Re: Kevin Owens the next Brock Lesnar?

In terms of being booked as an unstoppable monster, its possible. Hell, anyone can booked to be a monster if its done correctly. Heyman did it with Taz in ECW. TAZ. A guy who is like 5'7 in step-ups but was an absolute beast during his time in ECW.

It's all in the booking and they can do it with Owens just as easily.

·
Registered
252 Posts

Kevin Owens reminds me more of Steve Austin than Brock, mixed in with the best of Bam Bam Bigelow and Big Van Vader.

Reactions: JamJamGigolo

·
Hug Life 'til I Die
19,011 Posts

More SCSA then Brock Lesnar. Well I forgot Brock has been cheered recently so I guess I can see where you are going with this.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
35,484 Posts
This guy has everything: diverse moveset including technical wrestling, high flying, and power moves, charisma, microphone skills, and he's the best heel on either roster. He's not the best heel only because he's the most entertaining, but because he makes you legitimately hate him; something that seems to be a forgotten art in the modern era. He's not lacking in any department. He has no real weaknesses. The only thing possibly holding him back is not having the look and being fat. If he loses weight and gets ripped, nothing should stop him from succeeding. I personally feel that his look goes well with being a scumbag. You're not supposed to like him. He's not a likable guy and he makes women and children cry. Whoever hasn't watched NXT Rival needs to open the nearest tab and sign up for the Network immediately. It's free, there's no excuse.

·
The Blue Meanie
15,837 Posts
I don't think he has to lose weight which enhances why he's so dominant. I like that he's not the pretty boy but looks like the type to straight up kick your ass. Owens is the real deal.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yeah, Owens is legit..

I'll enjoy him on NXT as we all know what happens when Vince finds him on RAW.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
i'm still in shock that he's holding the NXT world title. because I'll be honest I truly never thought he would get past the Indy's due to his look and overall style

BUT FUCK THAT COS KEVIN OWENS HAS ARRIVED. and with triple h backing him and the fact he's working with some of the best wrestlers on the planet and the fact he's getting praise from Hogan Austin the rock and Paul heyman it's only amazing things from here on out.

and as for his look. bray Wyatt, mick Foley dusty rhodes all "fat guys" all stars. Owens will be one too

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
Not yet.

But he will be...........once he makes little kids in John Cena t-shirts cry.

·
Oh Hell Yeah
2,343 Posts
Not actually seen any of his matches but have heard good things about him on here, dudes like 30 so hopefully they get him on Raw or Smackdown this year.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Of the NXT 6 he's the total package he's got everything you need in a top Face or Heel. He can be the baddass anti- Authority face, in ROH or the sinister, Ruthless heel he is now he's the GOAT and he hasn't even debuted yet

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Yeah I've always been a huge fan of Steen though I was never sure if his weight could hold him back from getting into WWE. Though it does seem like it's shaping up and working out (even though his t-shirt is part of his gimmick which makes it fine to hide his weight).

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
54,736 Posts
He is great, has been great for years now. Can't wait to see him get the call up and feud with Bryan, Rollins, Ziggler, and Ambrose. Going to be some great feuds.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
But does he have DA LOOK?!?!

:reigns :cena3

Nah but seriously I've really enjoyed him so far, and I didn't even really follow his indy career TBH.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts