Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since his arrival, he dominated NXT, he beat John Cena, was very competitive in the 2 rematches, he's excellent when he does commentary, he won the IC Title in very bad guy fashion, and will have a long reign until Wrestlemania when he drops it to Neville or Finn Balor.

So I don't know why some people don't think he is used well. As a rookie in WWE, he has done well.

·
Registered
24,457 Posts
Since his arrival, he dominated NXT, he beat John Cena, was very competitive in the 2 rematches, he's excellent when he does commentary, he won the IC Title in very bad guy fashion, and will have a long reign until Wrestlemania when he drops it to Neville or Finn Balor.

So I don't know why some people don't think he is used well. As a rookie in WWE, he has done well.
Look, for being in WWE for less than a year on TV, he's had great run. He won the NXT Championship, became the top heel on the show instantly, beats John Cena his first match in and is now the IC Champion.

But the thing is it could have been even better. We say all the time how WWE is failing to create new stars. They were on the path to that with Owens when he beat Cena. But then, they did 2 rematches back to back, making people sick of the match quick. They had Owens lose both matches. And they had Owens tap out in the final match.

If they had drawn out those matches and had Owens go over in the end with the US title in his possession, he'd be set. But now, they have to try so much harder when they already had all the pieces in hand.

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi
1,676 Posts
Hes on a spot where can he can do alot of good things, Im not mad hes not in the main event i just want him on tv every week. His match with Sin Cara was very entertaining and i really liked it but i do want him more on the mic and not have a commentator feud with someone.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Owens thankfully is going the correct booking route which is a rarity for WWE lately when they often happily rocket their 'full packages' direct to upper midcard-ME status; at least Owens has been booked midcard and had impactful title matches (Cena politibooking aside) Owens has had a hugely influential MR debut alongside one of the fastest NXT promotions to MR.
Fair play to Owens he worked almost every show during the start of his MR by having matches for NXT, Main Event, Superstars, RAW and often SD also!
One future feud I look forward to is against Bray

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Thank You TripleH for not letting the WWE creative team completely botch Kevin Owens. No actual evidence to this comment of course, nearly an assumption when considering KO and Trips are boys, and how badly WWE ruins everything and everyone else.

·
Hi
118 Posts
Owens has the best heel character and heel booking currently, so he's doing really well. The Cena feud definitely slowed his progress, and it doesn't make a ton of sense knowing that Cena is taking a break now. But overall, can't complain -- Owens is on TV weekly, he's holding the IC title, and they put him on commentary frequently. He just needs a mic a little more and then we're good.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
He's recovered pretty well since the Cena feud. Won the next couple PPVs and now has a championship. Also, I don't believe anyone on the main roster has beaten him in a singles match since Battleground.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
too bad he will never leave the midcard, no hate, I like KO but WWE will fuck up his bookings although he is a strong caliber for world champ.

and he looks credible enough to go vs brock lesnar without knowing what will be the outcome and it wont be easy to predict brock winning, but I have a fear WWE will lock him up in midcard forever

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
He beat John Cena clean in his first match in the WWE. It doesn't get any bigger than that. Dude is clearly held in high regard by the company. People will always find something to bitch about.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
He beat John Cena clean in his first match in the WWE. It doesn't get any bigger than that. Dude is clearly held in high regard by the company. People will always find something to bitch about.
Clearly it does get bigger than that if a victory over John Cena turns you into a midcarder holding the highly irrelevant IC title. He's in no better a spot than 98% of the company, and he won't move into a bigger spot because nobody does. That's part of the problem with WWE, nobody ever gets pushed, everybody just hovers at the same level and stays there for their entire career. In 10 years he'll still be in IC title contention unless Vince dies, because he never elevates anyone.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
well i like his wwe run.
but i want to remember that in this forum a lot of guys have been pretty pissed about kO's run until they made a turn and gave him the win over cesaro. wwe managed to get the curve and get the project owens in safe waters again. i wish him more on mic cause i think he can get over with just a litte time on the mic. owens can make superb promo or get his point threw fast what depends on his mic time.

owens was short of becoming a my little pony heel:

·
Registered
230 Posts
He's doing okay, but if they'd done it right a few months back he wouldn't be in recovery mode in the first place.

The company's mistake is not understanding when it is and isn't appropriate to quickly push someone to the main event. Kevin Owens is an example of when it is. He doesn't have to stay there indefinitely, and he doesn't have to win, but he has the presence and the experience to play whichever role you want to give him in feuding with/pushing your other guys. He's also someone that doesn't need to be micromanaged because he's been doing this for 15 years.

That said, I'm a little confused by his current character/motivation/background. They want him to be a heel, but he's clearly over with a good part of the fanbase; his motivation is pretty babyface (fighting and struggling to win at all costs to feed his wife and children), and he gets flack for his look, perseveres and wins anyway. It's like something out of TNA. Either way, I'm glad he's got a title and they're booking him like a champion, to an extent.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
He has had a mediocre run at best. Still saying this, I do not know why this guy has done as well as he has. This fatty (we just have to be truthful here) is the most boring thing about the WWE right now.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
His match with Cena @ Battleground did damage to him, but he has recovered nicely (in fact, you can see that WWE likes him to an extent, unlike Cesaro, for example, who is doing jobs to fucking Big Show and winning meaningless matches on Superstars & Main Event). I'm happy that he is the IC champ, but I still think he should've won @ Battleground, now Cena is taking a vacation and probably Ziggler will be the US champ (and that fucking sucks)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts