Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Banned
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kevin Owens is so damn amazing, that I think if he was turned face, he could've easily succeeded where Reigns failed. He truly is the best guy in the whole company and is a total package. The biggest thing that would make him be able to be the FOTC over everyone else is how relatable he is. Owens truly has that everyday guy appeal that would make the fans connect with him the same way CM Punk did and make the fans feel "this guy is one of us" Take that appeal along with the fact that he is phenomenal on the mic, has amazing charisma, incredible wrestler and has a very believable look (he would beat the shit out of most of the locker room in a real fight) Kevin Owens is a true total package.

And here's something to think about, Kevin Owens is such a star that he was able to recover so quickly from his burial to Goldberg earlier this year. It takes TALENT to be able to bounce back from that and make the fans forget all about that. Owens will be a future legend 10 years from now no question and I think WWE have made a huge mistake keeping him heel all this time. He could've been a huge face for this company and he should've been THE guy, not Reigns.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts

And in WWE, that's the bottom line.

It's sad that people still don't know what a burial is. Owens was protected at Fastlane by the Jericho distraction finish. Goldberg got a cleaner win against Brock than against Owens.
But people don't like Goldberg, so it must be a burial. Such a burial, in fact, that Owens won the US Title three weeks later.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Dude please stahp. At this point its obvious you are just trying to rile people up.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
He isn't as good as he thinks he is. I think he is good, but he should have been in WWE about 5 years earlier than he was, then he could have been thee guy. So yeah chances are he will be fully there in a couple years but he might end being too old. Guys punish themselves too much to get to the top, and once there, they are damaged goods. If Owens can remain in his current level, I think maybe he could be AJ Styles level "face of the brand", and kind of do that "later" in career running things, kind of like 2nd wave HBK. But in no way is that Face of the Company, the one who pushes most merchandise, the one who brings people to the show.

He is definitely a top star, but he is better off being the Piper of the company, the baddest heel.

·
tombstone blues
14,292 Posts
the cm punk character that seems like the only one people remember sometimes was relatable as a symbol for people's resentment the way stone cold was

they went to the same place by different paths

the pathos of kevin owens' character does not reach that far in any kind of way

whether he is a face or a heel

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts

And in WWE, that's the bottom line.

It's sad that people still don't know what a burial is. Owens was protected at Fastlane by the Jericho distraction finish. Goldberg got a cleaner win against Brock than against Owens.
But people don't like Goldberg, so it must be a burial. Such a burial, in fact, that Owens won the US Title three weeks later.
This about sums it up.

·
Rolling Blunts With King Kunta
1,531 Posts

How in the hell did you call Rusev an overweight slob, but get on Owen's dick? I'm cool with Owens, but he's mid card at best. He's a guy that can be the main mid card heel (NOT face). It doesn't help when people like you overrate the guy or any wrestler for that matter.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Kevin Owens is amazing because as a heel he has more freedom to be amazing. A WWE face Owens would be watered down way too much for anyone's liking. Hell, they couldn't even get face Rollins right and that should have been an easy one to accomplish.

·
14,780 Posts
Mate there isn't anyone on the roster with face of the company potential. Guys that can do the talk shows sell the most merchandise etc. There isn't a breakout star in the current crop.

There isn't even anyone good enough to replace Cena long term. The only guy that comes close is Styles and his old. There is strowman but his look works against him. Jason Jordan needs to absolutely knock it out of the park and get insane reactions by this time next year to be a contender.

Now if WWE decided to go the nxt route completely then there are heaps but as long as they want mainstream appeal there ain't anyone

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I think he's suited better as a heel than face.

Reactions: DarkLady

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
Meh, no. I can't see Owens as a face, but maybe it's just me. Was he face before on the indies and was he any good at it? I didn't follow him before WWE so I don't know :lol

1 - 20 of 97 Posts